• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Saints,

Gotta go but if Brother John happens to come back, show him some grace and patience.

Don't argue with him...just send a Report and one of the moderators will check it out.

Our intention is NOT to censor but rather it is to promote Christ. It isn't always a word and idea that offends but rather the presentation. It's that simple. Context is so important is discussions.

John appears very sincere and firm in his Faith. In the 4 years I have served here, I have seen many come ready for a fight and end up softening when they come to trust the brethren.

Y'all have fun with your discussion. I'm going outside now. :rolleyes:

May the Lord Bless all of you richly!

wayne, your servant

Amen!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

firehill, I am consistant, I don't believe women should be in authority over men "IN" a church setting. As for the other your asking about, I haven't paid any attention to that part of your discussion to be honest, so how do you want me to answer you............I try NOT to come up with a response on the fly. PM me with what your talking about and the verses involved, or point me to a thread with a post and I'll go read it. Until then, I shall remain silent on this question, hows that?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

joyce meyers is very good.she reaches a lot of people because she is "down to earth".your loss if you don't like her!

I like Joyce Meyers too; that woman can breathe fire when she gets wound up! :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

I get a little worried when people say scripture is nonsense and ridiculous. What can I say, scripture says what it says, and not just one passage, look at the sweep of scripture and tell me what it says about ordaining women , what it says about women in the Church having authority over men? Of course Paul did not set those guidelines, the Word of God clearly shows who should be ordained a minister, and it is an institution that has been set aside for males. I don't know what else to say you simply cannot get around the plain and simple words which point this out.

Look at the major denominations that have ordained women in the past 50 years and tell me what they are doing today? You cannot ignore scripture and have it simply affect one issue, once we start relying on our own ideas we are going to do that on many other areas also.

I would be worried also if someone said that, but no one did. :rolleyes:

Scripture says what it says, and it is up to us to approach Scripture properly rightly dividing the Words of Truth. Anyone can helicopter pieces out of context and remake them to say something other than what was intended by the author. And once people get started doing that they start relying on those helicoptors on everything.....on that I can totally agree.

Denominations that ordain women are saving souls just like denominations that don't ordain. The majority rule does not authenticate truth.

At any rate, I don't see anyone actually trying to discuss the Scriptures this morning besides firehill...... whose humor may be too much for some. :rolleyes:

joyce meyers is very good.she reaches a lot of people because she is "down to earth".your loss if you don't like her!

I like Joyce Meyers too; that woman can breathe fire when she gets wound up! :rolleyes:

As can Beth Moore. I saw a meeting of hers where a huge number of young people (male and female in their twenties +)

came to the front to pray the prayer of salvation.

And Joy Dawson is also incredible. She is mostly retired now and her son John Dawson is taking up her mantle. But this woman could bring down the presence of God on a meeting such as I haven't experienced from any modern preacher. Truly the anointing was heavily upon her ministry. She brought many to the feet of Christ for salvation, healing, comforting. This is God's work as it should be. And I thank God that there is ANYone who is able to answer the call, be they male, female, black, white, short, stout, crippled, blind, deaf (not mute!) gentile, Jew, poor, or rich.

Guest Biblicist

i'm sorry, i like her. i'll listen to her while you listen to harry potter. :rolleyes:

Oh very nice...............................your a Christian, right??? So telling you that those that teach the "WOF" doctrine (which is NOT scriptural) is wrong, leaves you with only insults as a reply.

AAARRRRRGGGGGhhhhhh! What is WOF doctrine? :rolleyes:

The heretical Word of Faith teaching that has been discussed on this board previously. TBN, Hagen, Copeland, Dollar, Hinn, Parsley, et al.

Thanks for that st worm but it really tells me nothing. . . What is Word of Faith? Is anyone able to explain it and explain to me why it is heretical?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I would be worried also if someone said that, but no one did. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

At any rate, I don't see anyone actually trying to discuss the Scriptures this morning besides firehill...... whose humor may be too much for some. :rolleyes:

Thank you again, brother.

Oh, and yeah, sorry for my spit balls.

Guest Biblicist

Maybe she needs a tumms. Indegestion is very hard on the stomach.

Shalom Ooops,

OOOPSSS! I forgot the word "false" before the word "piety." And no it wasn't a compliment, but I'm glad you took it as such. In other words, you are not one to call people catty or self-righteous when you are guilty of the same actions. So, please, just drop it OK?

Now, why not go outside and enjoy the lovely day?? :rolleyes:

Perhaps, I was being falsely pious. but in such a jovial way.

But let's just pretend that we are both perfect, eh. :rolleyes:

Shalom~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I guess I will continue my journey in search of a Christian board which holds dear the concepts of free speech and thought.
:o

:rolleyes::rolleyes::P

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Galatians 1:3-5

:24:

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

;)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

We Love And We Hold Our Dear Darling Rowdy Sisters, The Daughters Of Zion, In The Highest Of Esteem.

Enough With The Bashing Of Godly Woman.

They Are The Beloved Of The KING OF KINGS.

They Are Never Out Of Their Abba Daddy's Sight.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 18:10

See Jesus - Be Blessed

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romns 10:9-10

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

While your at it why don't you just look for a Christian board that says anything goes. Women pastors, head pastors are not allowed period. Take it up with God, He made the rules not us.