• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

joyce meyers is very good.she reaches a lot of people because she is "down to earth".your loss if you don't like her!

preacher, teacher, she beats her competition on this forum by a landslide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not aware that sound teaching of God's Word was a "competition". As I said above, when you question women preachers their supporters get very angry. I am trying to help you move away from false teaching and your throw insults.

sw

And what group does not throw insults when their own pet doctrines are brought into serious question? This is the nature of the beast which every man (and woman) is who has not yet overcome their own flesh as Christ overcame His

I hate returning to this thread to answer something so silly. Are you seriously saying this issue is nothing but a thread about "pet doctrines"? Please read my postings concerning the sad consequences incurred by denominations that have ordained women as pastors and then I hope you will have enough sense to upgrade your comment. Also with regard to insults there have been accusations of sexism towards those of us who know the Bible prohibits women from being pastors. Also if you want to hear real insults go into one those churches and and try to discuss the issue. That is not even allowed in those so called open minded churches.

sw

Well that may be it. There are only a couple of us that have had direct experience on this board with mainline congregations which adopted these false teachings decades ago as a direct response to the sexual and feminist revolutions of the 1960's. I think you and I have seen the long term consequences of this seemingly innocuous idea.

Let

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

joyce meyers is very good.she reaches a lot of people because she is "down to earth".your loss if you don't like her!

preacher, teacher, she beats her competition on this forum by a landslide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not aware that sound teaching of God's Word was a "competition". As I said above, when you question women preachers their supporters get very angry. I am trying to help you move away from false teaching and your throw insults.

sw

And what group does not throw insults when their own pet doctrines are brought into serious question? This is the nature of the beast which every man (and woman) is who has not yet overcome their own flesh as Christ overcame His

I hate returning to this thread to answer something so silly. Are you seriously saying this issue is nothing but a thread about "pet doctrines"? Please read my postings concerning the sad consequences incurred by denominations that have ordained women as pastors and then I hope you will have enough sense to upgrade your comment. Also with regard to insults there have been accusations of sexism towards those of us who know the Bible prohibits women from being pastors. Also if you want to hear real insults go into one those churches and and try to discuss the issue. That is not even allowed in those so called open minded churches.

sw

Well that may be it. There are only a couple of us that have had direct experience on this board with mainline congregations which adopted these false teachings decades ago as a direct response to the sexual and feminist revolutions of the 1960's. I think you and I have seen the long term consequences of this seemingly innocuous idea.

Let

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry, I do not get any of that from Scripture. I would not dance and shout and float about in my home - that is not my nature - so why should I do it in a public gathering such as church? Am I to become a different person, to leave all inhibitions at the church door and just let go and do that (well, copy that, to be honest, because I have no personal inclination) which I would not even do in my own home? The only time I have done that is under the influence of alcohol when all inhibitions were abandoned, of which I am mightily ashamed. Is not one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, self-control? Should I really lose all inhibitions in church and then call it worship?

Ruth

I do not believe that self-control is listed as a fruit of the Spirit. There should be 12 per Rev 22:2. The ones named are probably all found in;Gal 5:22-23, Eph 5:9, Phil 1:11, Rom 5:4, II Cor 6:6, II Peter 1:5-7, Col 3:12.

If anyone is to be in control it is God's Spirit within us. Our own control will lead us to sin every time.

Galatians 5:22-23 (New King James Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (temperance in the AV, meaning the same). Against such there is no law.

2 Peter 1: 5 - 7

....add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self control, to self-control perseverance, to perserverance godliness, to godliness, brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be nether barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ruth

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/20/1961

She was a woman in a man's world, and single at a time when women her age were suppose to be married. But she was willing to go, when God called, and was not limited by what she saw, but believed in the God who called her to fulfill the greatest call of all--the winning of souls.

Aimee Semple McPherson once wrote:

"You don't need to be an orator. What God wants is plain people with the Good News in their hearts who are willing to go and tell it to others. The love of winning souls for Jesus Christ sets a fire burning in one's bones. Soul winning is the most important thing in the world. All I have is on the altar for the Lord, and while I have my life and strength, I will put my whole being into the carrying out of this Great Commission."

From its beginning at Angelus Temple, The Foursquare Church has now grown to include more than 50,000 churches worldwide. There are currently more than 5 million members in 147 countries around the globe. It presently ranks as one of the three or four most distinguished branches of Pentecostalism.

The history of this church goes back to the early 1900's and they are still serving the Lord by saving souls. I have only been attending this denomination for a short time but have had the pleasure of having a woman pastor and then now a man for pastor. Both have had their strengths and weaknesses but both are serving God in the capacity of pastor without any issues of gender.

Just passing on information. I have no intentions of trying to sway someones opinion about this issue. I doubt I have the power, only God through the Holy Spirit can reveal the true meaning of His word to those that are open.

Peace,

Amanda

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

She was a woman in a man's world, and single at a time when women her age were suppose to be married. But she was willing to go, when God called, and was not limited by what she saw, but believed in the God who called her to fulfill the greatest call of all--the winning of souls.

"You don't need to be an orator. What God wants is plain people with the Good News in their hearts who are willing to go and tell it to others. The love of winning souls for Jesus Christ sets a fire burning in one's bones. Soul winning is the most important thing in the world. All I have is on the altar for the Lord, and while I have my life and strength, I will put my whole being into the carrying out of this Great Commission."

From its beginning at Angelus Temple, The Foursquare Church has now grown to include more than 50,000 churches worldwide. There are currently more than 5 million members in 147 countries around the globe. It presently ranks as one of the three or four most distinguished branches of Pentecostalism.

The history of this church goes back to the early 1900's and they are still serving the Lord by saving souls. I have only been attending this denomination for a short time but have had the pleasure of having a woman pastor and then now a man for pastor. Both have had their strengths and weaknesses but both are serving God in the capacity of pastor without any issues of gender.

Just passing on information. I have no intentions of trying to sway someones opinion about this issue. I doubt I have the power, only God through the Holy Spirit can reveal the true meaning of His word to those that are open.

Peace,

Amanda

An awesome testimony. Didn't know this about her. Not many men or women of her caliber, although I've known a few. Loren Cunningham and Joy Dawson. Loren Cunningham found Youth With A Mission and University of the Nations. Interestingly Joy Dawson is retired now, but passed her mantle of ministry on to her son. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him but once. Joy Dawson was the first woman preacher I'd ever heard. I was stunned. I hadn't heard such anointed teaching in any church I'd been to. She brought the Holy Spirit into the services and people were changed for the better. There is another white haired woman, Marianne Sitton, who founded a Christian University. Awesome ministry she has. Anyone can call in for prayer and these people are really trained to pray down the heavens.

Thank you for sharing this.

• Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/20/1961

Peace,

Amanda

An awesome testimony. Didn't know this about her. Not many men or women of her caliber, although I've known a few. Loren Cunningham and Joy Dawson. Loren Cunningham found Youth With A Mission and University of the Nations. Interestingly Joy Dawson is retired now, but passed her mantle of ministry on to her son. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him but once. Joy Dawson was the first woman preacher I'd ever heard. I was stunned. I hadn't heard such anointed teaching in any church I'd been to. She brought the Holy Spirit into the services and people were changed for the better. There is another white haired woman, Marianne Sitton, who founded a Christian University. Awesome ministry she has. Anyone can call in for prayer and these people are really trained to pray down the heavens.

Thank you for sharing this.

When I was going to another church, very oppressive to women, I found a book by Loren Cunningham and David Hamilton, "Why Not Women?" and found it very helpful in my own struggle with questions about women in church leadership.

I find that the Lord uses the willing heart to do His work. Father, let me always be willing!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The word translated 'usurp' in from authentein in the Greek. It's only used once in the NT. You are correct that it does not mean simple "exercise authority", which would be exousia which is used extensively. I've read a lot of research on authentein and agree with your assessment. Here's a quote from D. Scholer I got off the internet.....

Author: David Scholer

Title of Book: Women, Abuse and the Bible, pg. 49-50

Wilshire goes on in his 1993 article to speak clearly about the meaning of authentein-its specific meaning in 1 Timothy 2:12, and its implications for the headship debate and the place of women in the church. He concludes for the term authentein and its cognates that "the preponderant number of citations

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

i like joyce meyer.....

Peace,

Amanda

Yep. As long as the Holy Spirit reveals what you want him to reveal everything is cool. Let's just not bother with that bad old sexist Bible since it really doesn't conform to your agenda. After all, the "true meaning" of His word has been revealed to you. Isn't that sort of like Manicheism?

sw

i like joyce meyer.....

Do you also like the Word of Faith heretics she endorses?

sw