• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

does the antichrist make a peace treaty with israel for seven years and then breaks it three and one half years later?

Edited by chin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's holding up the antichrist, if you don't believe in the pre-trib. rapture? why has'nt he appeared already? what's he waiting for? we need peace in the middle east, where is he?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/01/1984

Again, nobody has shown me that 457 BC is not the start of this prophecy, so apparently we all agree on it......The great time of trouble is referring to the plagues, if you still believe that the seven years is in the future dealing with the Antichrist, read the links below and tell me your reason for throwing the last week of Daniel in the future!.........The Antichrist is most certainly here today and has been for a very very long time.........please everyone, if you have seen the movies like "Left Behind, Omega Code, Revelation, and others......please please please, throw that garbage out of your mind and study the Bible.....The Antichrist is here already and there is nothing about him having anything to do with seven years in the Bible.

Antichrist Part 1

Antichrist Part 2

Antichrist Part 3

If you read this, you will know the Antichrist spoken of in the Bible and not the Antichrist that Hollywood has led so many people to believe

One more thing to remember before you read this 1260 days, 42 months and time times and half a time (3 1/2 years) is all the same amount of time!

Here is a quick breakdown of what happens before and after Jesus returns.......

1. Seven plagues ( time of trouble)

2. Christ returns

3. Christ raises the righteous dead

4. Wicked perish and Satan is bound

5.Righteous ascend into heaven with Jesus to begin the 1000 year reign IN HEAVEN AND NOT ON EARTH! (Millennium begins)

During the millennium....

6.Satan is on earth by himself for 1000 years with no one to tempt and all wicked are dead

7.The righteous that are in heaven are assisting in the Judgement in heaven

End of millennium

8. Christ and righteous descend to earth

9. New Jerusalem descends

10. The wicked dead are raised

11. Satan is loosed

12. Wicked dead are destroyed in hellfire.....the hellfire that is not going on right now like everyone thinks!!!

13. Christ and righteous live for eternity in new earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

When Daniel, and John in Revelation say that the Tribulation is going to last for 7 years, they mean that it is going to last for. . . (gasp). . . 7 years. Literally. The Scriptures are not allegory.
Uhmm, Cobalt, excuse my intrusion, but... Seems to me that Jesus makes it clear that the period of tribulation, affliction, pressure (greek - thlipsis) lasts for -- AT MOST -- 3.5 years. Not seven. Like you state - these scriptures are literal, not allegorical.

<snip >

So there is no Biblical period of affliction or tribulation (little "t") that lasts for seven years ... is there. :)

Daniel's 70th week of years is divided up into two seperate periods. Yes, the second 3.5 years are refered to as the 'Great Tribulation.' That still leaves the 1st 3.5 years, which I believe are begun when Antichrist forms the peace treaty in the Middle East. I believe that the acts in the middle of the 70th week kick things way up.

Aha ! Now you are using Scriptural terms and we agree!

No seven year period of tribulation.

A remaining Week of Years from Gabriel's prophecy to Daniel.

Of which the latter half (or less) can be characterized as a time of great distress, affliction, or tribulation.

:)

Shalom, Shlomo and Cobalt1959.

The problem most of us have is assigning terms to periods, events, and things for which we have no business assign terms!

There is NO "great tribulation" to be found in the Olivet Discourse of Matthew 24,25, Mark 13, and Luke 21. The word translated "tribulation" (and "affliction," "be afflicted," "anguish," "persecution," "trouble," and "burdened" in the KJV) is the Greek word "thlipsis" and strictly means "pressure." Look carefully at Matthew 24:20 AND 21:

Matt 24:20-21

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

KJV

The key words that link these two verses are "for then shall be" ("estai gar tote"). This sentence structure makes the second statement dependent upon the first; in other words, the tribulation (pressure=thlipsis) being "great" (megalee) is dependent upon the conditions of the previous verse. Thus, IF their escape is in the winter or on Shabbat, THEN the tribulation becomes great tribulation. It is not the intention of the Greek language that one should understand that the "Great Tribulation" is coming whether one is ready or not.

Therefore, a greater pressure would have only been true if the believers in the first century had to escape in the winter or on the Shabbat (Sabbath). Since they got clean away, more or less, then apparently their prayers were heard and a "great tribulation" was averted.

This term, "great tribulation," is not a magic phrase that is the same event wherever you find the words! To the contrary, it varies depending on the contexts in which you may find these words.

Retrobyter

Cobalt, I do not want to argue with you, that is not a Christian attitude, we are simply studying together.....before I can answer any of your questions, I need you to explain to me what you believe is the begging year for this prophecy. I simply have to know that before this goes any further. Thanks.

after the rapture, the anti-christ will make a treaty with israel for seven years. three and one half yrs. later,he will break it. he will enter the temple and declare himself GOD. the jews will then see that they made a pact with the devil. the trib. lasts seven years.

Edited by chin

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

The seven years of Tribulation, Is it biblical?

Yes, it is biblical, but secondary to the doctrine of Jesus' Second Coming. I'm not sure how to use the "quote" button, so I'll cut and paste.

You say, "when Jesus returns and takes the righteous away, the rest of the people are

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

I believe that the beginning of the fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy is March, 445 BC when Artaxerses' degree to rebuild Jerusalem -- not juest the walls, but allowing people back in. THe degree is recorded in Nehemiah 2:5-6. Most of it has already been fulfilled. But notice that in verse 26, it says, "And after the sixty-two weeks, Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; (referring to Jesus' death); and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. (This refers to 70 AD when the temple was destroyed; not one stone lying on another). But then it says, the end of it shall be with a flood AND TILL THE END OF THE WAR DESOLATIONS ARE DETERMINED." The NLT puts it, "THE END WILL COME WITH A FLOOD, AND WAR AND ITS MISERIES ARE DECREED FROM THAT TIME TO THE VERY END."

See, this happens AFTER the temple is destroyed. And though the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, it did not come after 3 1/2 years (or 42 months or 1,260 days -- they are all the same time length) of blaspheming God, and the persecution afterwards was more than 3 1/2 years. There was never any covenant confirmed with Jerusalem which was broken. And the passage insinuated that AFTER the prince who destroys the sanctuary, there would be wars until the end. That's where I see the time lag. There was no covenant then to be broken, and so I believe that is unique to the end. It is the same thing as when Isaiah is told that a virgin would conceive and bear a son. That happened as a sign that they would defeat the Assyrians, and that was recorded in Isaiah 8. BUT, the New Testament says that Jesus' virgin birth was also a fulfillment of the prophey in Isaiah 7:14. This has in view a type of the end, stating that the sanctuary would be destroyed by "the prince to come." Then "until the end" there are wars and desolations, and THEN a prince would confirm a covenant with Jerusalem and break it halfway through.

Rhonda Lou

I meant beginning, sorry....and No I am not a preterist.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  80

I meant beginning, sorry....and No I am not a preterist.
Some questions that need to be clarified.