Casting Demons Out

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I think Jesus was playing to the crowd; He said it was so His audience would believe. We don't see people being raised from the dead these days, nor do we see burning bushes or talking donkeys even though those things are also mentioned in the Bible as taking place thousands of years ago.

Man Dies After Exorcism Attempt on 3 yr old

3 yr old recovering from exorcism attempt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Most likely if The Holy Spirit is leading you..get yoursel prepared. Things will go well. Jesus does fail us.
:th_praying:

I think you have this backwards...we fail when we're not following the guidance of the Holy Spirit....Jesus will never fail us. Our unbelief/doubt causes failure when asking of Christ.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I think Jesus was playing to the crowd; He said it was so His audience would believe.

:th_praying:

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

I think Jesus was playing to the crowd; He said it was so His audience would believe. We don't see people being raised from the dead these days, nor do we see burning bushes or talking donkeys even though those things are also mentioned in the Bible as taking place thousands of years ago.

Playing to the crowd! Playing to the crowd!!! Are you insane? That would make Jesus no more than a showman or a conman and a liar!

Do you not believe Jesus was and IS the Son of God? 100% man and 100% God in the flesh?

People are still raised from the dead, people are still healed, people are still possessed and delivered by the power of God (I am living testimony to that!) Burning bushes and talking donkey's were for special times when God specifically needed to get the attention of certain individuals, doesn't mean miraculous things don't still happen.

:wub:

:wub:

:o

What think ye of Christ?

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

It helps to know that Satan is on a short leash. And that leash is held by God. Satan can only do what God permits. Everything that happens is a part of Gods plan...

I wonder if Satan is aware that he is actually doing Gods will?

Edited by kari19

It helps to know that Satan is on a short lease. And that lease is held by God. Satan can only do what God permits. Everything that happens is a part of Gods plan...

I wonder if Satan is aware that he is actually doing Gods will?

Well I should think he knows he is going down, so I suppose he will try to take as many people with him as possible!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

During the Time of Jesus' earthly ministry, there were no such people as christians, so there was nothing stopping demons from attacking anybody and the same with His disciples. Now, christians who are genuinely saved have the in-dwelling holy spirit, who would never share God's temple (your body in case of christians) with demons, so it figures, to me at least, if you are being troubled with demons, you can't have the in-dwelling holy spirit. A genuine born again christian can only have one or the other, because demons cannot frequent God's holy temple. Not to mention the covering of the blood of the Lamb.

They might try, but the gates of hell cannot prevail against Christ's church.....IMHO.

During the Time of Jesus' earthly ministry, there were no such people as christians, so there was nothing stopping demons from attacking anybody and the same with His disciples. Now, christians who are genuinely saved have the in-dwelling holy spirit, who would never share God's temple (your body in case of christians) with demons, so it figures, to me at least, if you are being troubled with demons, you can't have the in-dwelling holy spirit. A genuine born again christian can only have one or the other, because demons cannot frequent God's holy temple. Not to mention the covering of the blood of the Lamb.

They might try, but the gates of hell cannot prevail against Christ's church.....IMHO.

I've found though that if Christians are living in sin, that it does cause a "foothold" for the enemy to get his claws in, as it were, because essentially, the sin is causing some separation from God.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I've found though that if Christians are living in sin, that it does cause a "foothold" for the enemy to get his claws in, as it were, because essentially, the sin is causing some separation from God.

That's what I am more or less talking about Luke. There is deliberately living in sin, in which case, the person doing it is not a christian, or stumbling inadvertantly, which can be forgiven, with repentance and prayer. To stay within the bounds of the protection of God's forgiveness, we have to be obedient to God and keep focused on God and His word. We all stumble under the heavy load of the cross, but we must be on our guard and when the temptation starts to arise, it's not the demons that are attacking you, it's you who are exposing yourself and stepping away from your covering. Christ has given us the victory and the power over the enemy and it is up to us to use that power.

You must abide in God's word every day and be quick to know when you have erred and do something yourself to get yourself right again with the Lord.

That's my take on it my brother,. attack the enemy with the sword of the spirit.

in Him,

eric.