Help, Im socially inept...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Im socially inept. For example, I go to cafes a lot...what is one supposed to say to the cafe people? Because i go there a lot so I feel like Im supposed to say something- but what do I say? I mean, when i go up to order my drink, what is one sposed to say?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,844
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Im socially inept. For example, I go to cafes a lot...what is one supposed to say to the cafe people? Because i go there a lot so I feel like Im supposed to say something- but what do I say? I mean, when i go up to order my drink, what is one sposed to say?

Maybe 'I'd like a large orange juice, please' would serve the purpose? :emot-pray:

Sorry.....I don't mean to belittle your plight. I am socially inept myself as well. I feel as if I don't really fit in anywhere, so I'm just trying to make light of the situation. :wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

im sorry i dont understand your question...are you unable to talk to strangers period or just conversation making?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Smile and say: "Good morning! How are you today?"

The reply will either be "I'm going very well thankyou, and how are you" or "Well, it's a trying day, because................"

Depending on the answer you will say: "I'm doing well, thank you for asking," or "Oh I'm sorry to hear that." You might add: I hope your day gets better (or I hope the situation improves," or "We'll mention that in our Evening Prayers.")

"May I get a table (or booth), please?"

"Please" and "Thank you" go a long, long way toward being socially 'ept!'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I was for awhile, but now I work at a deli counter in a grocery store where I am not allowed to be socially inept. In fact, I must make sure the customers leave my counter smiling and wanting to come back. Basically you just make small talk.

"How are you today?"

"I really am addicted to this coffee"

"This weather sure has been trying"

etc.

Oh, and smile a lot, and laugh where appropriate. It doesn't matter what you say if you have a winning smile to go with it.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

The answer to leaving shyness behind is simply to think of others rather than yourself. Shyness causes us to dwell on how everything effects us or myself. But when we look out of ourselves with a little bit of kindness and caring it is an entirely different world. We find we can speak and smile and get a smile back sometimes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  825

The answer to leaving shyness behind is simply to think of others rather than yourself.

Wow I had been praying over this issue....because I'm shy in person and the Holy Spirit has really been pouring it on me to open my mouth and speak everytime He leads me to when around total strangers.

The Lord just used you to answer my prayer! :)

• Content Count:  880

The answer to leaving shyness behind is simply to think of others rather than yourself.

Wow I had been praying over this issue....because I'm shy in person and the Holy Spirit has really been pouring it on me to open my mouth and speak everytime He leads me to when around total strangers.

The Lord just used you to answer my prayer! :)

Well, that is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing.........and may you be blessed as you reach out to others.

Guest nosoulleftbehind

Smile and say: "Good morning! How are you today?"

The reply will either be "I'm going very well thankyou, and how are you" or "Well, it's a trying day, because................"

Depending on the answer you will say: "I'm doing well, thank you for asking," or "Oh I'm sorry to hear that." You might add: I hope your day gets better (or I hope the situation improves," or "We'll mention that in our Evening Prayers.")

"May I get a table (or booth), please?"

"Please" and "Thank you" go a long, long way toward being socially 'ept!'

Guest nosoulleftbehind

:) ..Used to be this way, until I relized it's okay to 'not worry what others might think...

Please accept yourself the way God made you...Be sure to let 'Him know you accept what 'He has done with you.. & certainly include 'Him in all your concerns.. as well as this!!

We are in Christ.. We are heirs of a royal priesthood!.. Confidence in God, is confidence in who you really are!!! ...Rlax, ... Your just as important as the next person God has a purpose for!!!!