Fovezer

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

it is NOT off topic! you ask if we accept evolution and why or why not. because our non-acceptance of that theory is based on our faith in God, it is impossible NOT to bring God into it.

don't you get it fovezer? EVERYTHING is about God to a Christian. God is central to who we are. He is part of our core beliefs as certainly as DNA is a part of our genetic makeup. we can't extract our faith from why we believe something. and we don't want to, even if we could.

In this thread? About evolution? Yes, it is. Evolution doesn't deal with god. If you want to say "because of faith in god", then go ahead. I am just not going to get into a discussion about god and if he exists or not IN THIS THREAD. Understand?

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it isn't a debate about God's existence. we know without a doubt that He does, and that evolution contradicts His word. so no, it is not possible to debate evolution with a bunch of Christians without bringing God into it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

I am not worried about genesis at all. I am just trying to show that it could be meant to be allegorical, that is all. Remember, I am not here to try and deconvert you, just to open your eyes to science.

If you can prove a theory that was disproven over 150 years ago by Christian creationists, no less, then by all means do.

Hi Fovezer,

Before I answer your question, I would like to get your response to a few more questions. I accept the fact that you do not believe in creation, that is your perogative. But to get a better understanding of where you are coming from, please respond.

1. What qualifications do you hold. Are you a scientist.

2. Are you open to change your views on evolution, if such evidence can be shown.

3. Do you accept that evolution is as much faith based as religion is.

4. Do you have a family, children, etc.

5. What do you believe your purpose in life is. I mean is there a meaning to your existence.

Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am just not going to get into a discussion about god and if he exists or not IN THIS THREAD. Understand?

And the person who lives in/around DCwalks into a sports bar somewhere in Texas and starts up a conversation about Joe Gibbs (great hero coach of the Redskins in the past who returned) with the guys there, but then refuses to engage in conversation about Tom Landry (hero coach of the Cowboys in the past) "at this bar."

:LOL:

Well good luck keeping God out of the conversation here! :unsure:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

In this we disagree, I feel that you came here to disprove or challange Christian beliefs. Let me tell you what I believe, Folks who claim to not beleive in God often get offended by the mention of his name, in schools , pledges or courthouses, I do not believe in evolution, but I don't waste my time trying to disprove it to those who put all their faith in man. My time ( (my weakminded time) is better spent telling folks like you that God is real, I feel him, I have seen his miracles, and that he loves you,,,,,I also will tell you that I will pray for you and other "strongminded" people ......P.S. I really don't believe that you don't have that empty spot inside you, we all do, some just choose to fill it with (fill in the blank)      God Bless you, and I pray that he will open up your heart

I don't get offended by hearing "God". I DO think it is wrong to have god in our schools/pledges/courthouses, but not necessarily because I'm an atheist. The founding fathers wanted all people to have freedom of, or from, religion. I also wouldn't like it if Muslims were to put "Allah" in schools/pledges/courthouses. Would you? I don'tput my faith in man. I don't have any faith to put anywhere. How did I know you wouldn't believe me when I said my life was full, and not in need of a god.

This could not be further from the truth. I have suggested it to you before, and I will repeat that suggestion. Find yourself a good history book that deals with the faith of the founding fathers. Far from what you claim, the founding fathers wanted faith in God to be included in all aspects of American life. This included schools, government, and all areas of public service. "Separation of church and State" is a myth concocted by those wonderful Americans of the ACLU who's goal was (and is) to remove God from every corner of our society!

No offense, but you are the one who doesn't understand thermodynamics. Stop reading that YECist garbage. They are known for twisting and badly misrepresenting facts. Thermodynamics doesn't apply. It doesn't apply to life. Earth is an open system, it gets energy from the sun. There, I just proved it. The second law also doesn't apply to molecules. IT IS NOT GOING FROM COMPLEX TO SIMPLE. That is not entropy!

First off, for clarification, I intended to mean

Hmmm....I guess there are no such things as "The law of gravity," or "Newton's (1st, 2nd, 3rd) laws of physics).  These are all just theories as you say.  :unsure:

Well, I guess we can all believe the earth is flat, then!  :rofl:

Your right, there is no "law of gravity." It is the "theory of gravity."

Actually, the Bible does says the earth is flat.

Well I guess we need to revise the wording of all our physics 101 books, huh? Quick, alert the worlds physicists that they should no longer use the term "law" with respect to gravity! Someone tell the Einstien foundation that he was wrong when he said you can't mess with the law of gravity! And for goodness sake, someone needs to publish a paper stating that Newton was wrong to use the word "law" with respect to gravity and mass! :P

BTW: The Bible does not use the word "flat" when talking about the earth.....so let's not even go there...K? Unless you intend to do something other than parrot atheistic rhetoric concerning what the Bible says about the earth, there's no point in even discussing it.

No. I am trying to keep it as a scientific one. I don't want to argue about the Christian god and if he is evil or loving and whatnot.

Well, with all due respect, you know - coming to a Christian message board and expecting us to not talk about our Lord. . . !

:unsure:

(Yeah, like go into a sports bar and asking folks not to talk about their favorite football team. . . :x: )

I don't expect you not to talk about it, just not in this thread, because it is off-topic here. That is why.

Hmmm....This thread is on a server owned by a Christian, and which hosts a Christian website, in which is a discussion forum that lists a separate forum for defending the truth of God's word and truth against such things as evolution, and which is viewed by roughly 2,000 Christians. I think talking about the Lord is fair game here! :rofl:

Can love be tested in a lab or researched? It can't be seen, but if you have it, you know it's there, it takes faith to believe in love and that is a start. Closing your heart to love is a very sad thing. That is the same feeling that a Christian has for God

Actually, yes. Love is an emotion. It can be observed by seeing how people react to one another. Penguins could love too then, because they will choose life partners. So you can observe love. You can't observe God, because he leaves no observable signs he exists.

Not true about penguins or any other animal that takes a mate for life (such as eagles, for example). No scientist in their right mind would claim that love causes animals to chose life mates.

Guest shadow2b
-agree somewhat. The founding fathers didn't want a government endorsement of a religion, so "god" and the 10 commandments don't belong in government facilities, like schools or courthouses, or government-sponsered pledges. If you want to put the 10 commandments on you own property, by all means do, just not in goverment buildings or properties

-WeLLLLLL, your perspective is just"somewhat"FLAWED!!-The "federalist-papers"plainly state that

-"THE FOUNDING FATHERS"DID CREATE & ENDORSE A government---ALL-government of this newly

-won & established NATION were & ARE based on the judeao-christian principles in THE BIBLE!!!

-THEY clearly--plainly-enthusiastically--state this government could NOT have been won &

-established without the clear intervention of GOD & HIS SON JESUS-CHRIST & NO-NATION could

-long exist without GOD & HIS guiding hand contained in THE HOLY-BIBLE!!!!

-Soooooo,don't make assumptions or erroneous statements that can & will be REFUTED,by a simple

-search thru our founding documents!!!! YOU doNOT have a leg to stand on when you make such

-outlandish & UNtrue statements---ALSO--every building-every piece of paper-every telephone---

-every gun--bullet-right on down to every paper-clip belongs TO US--WE-THE-PEOPLE--WE paid for

-every bit of construction of each & every building--office--flag-pole & flag flying over every one of

-those buildings,whether it is a city-county-state-or federal building--flag-etc-etc-etc--git tha drift??