IGNORED

Physical Death - where do we go from here?

Chiquita

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

thank you, pat for sharing this last post. i believe you had this experience. i hope you will post more of your story. much love to you, in CHRIST. jim

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Having visions, or 'near death', or 'out of body experiences', - even 'being in the Spirit' and having people tell us what they saw, is no evidence of what happens to man after physical death.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

When physical death occurs, the body, soul and spirit remain to gether and though the body perishes,and at the last trumpet our spirit will be raised and given a new body, in the twinkling of an eye, and we go to be together with the Lord. 1Cor.15:45-58. That is of course if you endure to the end.Matt.24:13.

That's my own thoughts without going into detail,

Hope it is of help.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

I've always taken that parable into account and thought that when you die you go to a paradise type of place if you are righteous and saved, or you go to the other side of the chasm if you aren't the righteous. Then when the last trumpet and all that jazz happens, you are taken up from there. The Lord's presence would still be in that place, hence it being a paradice, so what Jesus said to the theif wouldn't go against this either.

:whistling:

To be honest though, as long as we do endure to the end and keep the faith, then whatever happens afterwards doesn't really matter because we know it wil be good!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

it is true though> I was nineteen and up there

Our fathers voice resounds, is loud and yet not deafening. Hey satan is up there accusing the saints is he not? He is not saved. I am p.m you cos there is no more room on the thread and I do not know how to start a new one. I had absolutely no medication in me so they cannot say it was the drugs. I was clinically dead, In Icu a long ,very Long time. I was not to live past 24 hrs. I was half paralyzed and have residiual but to look at me you would not know. It is part of my testimony. If you know how to get this posted please do so. :24: patrish i see I got it on there....yea..!!!

Shalom Patricia,

Your experience cannot be supported Scripturally. Whether you entered Heaven or not, only G-d knows, but it cannot be proven. And, in fact, the Scriptures say that no one who is not born again will see Heaven. G-d can do anything. If you were, there then wonderful, but I am skeptical of these types of anecdotal accounts since there is no proving it. Especially since you were not born again at the time. But hey, we'll never know this side of Heaven.

I just am not going to make a "doctrine" out of someone's account that cannot be substantiated. There could be many explanations for your "vision." Near-death, ICU, drugs, coma....

You should read/watch this testimony about Ian McCormack, he wasn't born-again as such but had asked God to help him when he way lay dying. Yet when he died from multiple jellyfish stings, he went to a dark place first and God lifted him up to speak with him and the rest you can read from his website:

http://www.aglimpseofeternity.org/

You should read/watch this testimony about Ian McCormack, he wasn't born-again as such but had asked God to help him when he way lay dying. Yet when he died from multiple jellyfish stings, he went to a dark place first and God lifted him up to speak with him and the rest you can read from his website:

Shalom Luke,

Why should I watch someone tell me of something that cannot be proven? When the body sustains injury, there are certain things that happen to it. Near-death experiences are common, but they do not mean that the person actually went to the place they had a vision about. It could be the body's reaction. It could be the drugs, it could be the altered conscious state, it could be anything.

The point is, too many people want to make doctrines out of these stories, but they CAN NOT be proven or substantiated, so they are in fact, just the person's opinion. These stories should never replace truth from the Scriptures.

The Bible says it is appointed man ONCE to die and then the judgment.

Hebrews 9:27And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

The Scriptures say the unrighteous will not go to Heaven. THESE are Biblical truths. Someone's opinion that they went to Heaven is not Biblical truth. It may be actual, or it may be imagined, but what IS actual is the Word of G-d.

Shalom Luke,

Why should I watch someone tell me of something that cannot be proven? When the body sustains injury, there are certain things that happen to it. Near-death experiences are common, but they do not mean that the person actually went to the place they had a vision about. It could be the body's reaction. It could be the drugs, it could be the altered conscious state, it could be anything.

The point is, too many people want to make doctrines out of these stories, but they CAN NOT be proven or substantiated, so they are in fact, just the person's opinion. These stories should never replace truth from the Scriptures.

The Bible says it is appointed man ONCE to die and then the judgment.

Hebrews 9:27And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

The Scriptures say the unrighteous will not go to Heaven. THESE are Biblical truths. Someone's opinion that they went to Heaven is not Biblical truth. It may be actual, or it may be imagined, but what IS actual is the Word of G-d.

What I was meaning is that before he died, he prayed the Lord's Prayer because it was all he knew and could remember at the time to ask God for help (there was other events leading up to this with him being told about God and stuff if I remember right) to cause him to be thinking of God to help him.

Remember, Acts 2:21 - "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Remember, Acts 2:21 - "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Shalom Luke,

What does this have to do with the guy thinking he went to Heaven when he was near-death? That cannot be proven, it could simply be in his mind. No one is questioning his salvation, but in your last post, you said he wasn't saved. However, I am very skeptical of those stories about going to Heaven and then coming back to earth.

Remember, the Bible says:

Shalom Luke,

What does this have to do with the guy thinking he went to Heaven when he was near-death? That cannot be proven, it could simply be in his mind. No one is questioning his salvation, but in your last post, you said he wasn't saved. However, I am very skeptical of those stories about going to Heaven and then coming back to earth.

Remember, the Bible says:

Well by born again I think of and mean having a 'baptism of the Spirit' (or whatever people may refer to it as now) not just simply the initial accepting of Christ which is what he did on his death bed. Anyway, point being is that he called on the Lord before death and that was what I was thinking as giving more claim to him being in the presence of the Lord after death.

But no matter, I don't want to and have no need to argue someone else's testimony.