IGNORED

Why is the "Prayer Thread" barren?

nebula

nebula, i'm sitting here looking at the 19 (now 20) responses to THIS thread, and only 5 responses in the thread calling us all to prayer. your tears are justified.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

OneAccord

The general tone of the post, and many others lately, is that I, or anyone else that has a more 'liberal' view of the world stage isn't as Christian as he is or something and has no compassion for the oppressed, just some self-serving agenda.

There was no "tone" to any of my posts. I thought I was very direct and to the point. I did not leave any room for someone to interpret some kind of "tone."

I do not mind if someone is a pacifist. That is has not been my beef at all. The pacisfist doctrine is opposed to all violence, no matter what. I have stated that I do not agree with the doctrine, and that it is not a practical real life answer to the problem of evil. So what? No one is going to Hell for being impractical, so it is fine and well with me if that is your life.

My problem is not with pacifism so much, but rather with the unbalanced way you have been applying it with relation to terrorism, and the way you missapply certain scriptures against those who support ridding the world of tyranny. You apply "love thy enemies" to America and to Jews in Israel concerning your disgust at the way they respond to terror, but you have not shown the least bit of concern for applying it to those who are perpetrating the terrorism to start with. It is you who have claimed that I am in violation of scripture by stating that the terrorists should be eliminated. I am not "loving my enemies" according to you.

I have not claimed that pacifism, is not a valid form of Christianity. However, you should not be disparaging towards those in uniform who are protecting your right to be a pacifist. There are some countries where military service is compulsory, and you would be persecuted for not serving. In America, you and your family have that freedom, because SOMEONE payed for it with their life. They are in other parts of the world now, paying for it with their lives even as we speak. You COULD show a litte grattitude for that, instead of spinning all of the conspiracy theories about how evil America is.

If standing up and being a proud, fighting American is against the teachings of Christ, and is immoral in your eyes, then you should take part in any freedom that was won or secured by such "immoral" means. You should not vote, or excersize your religious rights, or your right of free speech, because those were provided to you by immoral, unjust and unGodly wars. If you do excersize them, you should not disparage our men and women in uniform who chose to protect you and your freedoms.

Guest idolsmasher

Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

Psalm 120:6 My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.

Psalm 120:7 I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

Psalm 140:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;

Psalm 140:2 Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.

Psalm 140:3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.

Psalm 140:11 Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.

James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

James 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

James 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

I have not claimed that pacifism, is not a valid form of Christianity.

I will!

Pacifism is a religion unto itself. One can be christian and a pacifist....but most pacifists are not christians. They are usually pro-abortion environmental activists. I was almost jumped by a gang of Krishna pacifists for preaching that Jesus was the only way to salvation in front of their street booth. It was pretty funny actually.

Just as zionism is not a "form" of christianity but a belief held by many christians....and many non-christians. Even with so many jewish zionists there are more christians who are zionists in the broadest definition of the word (those who believe jews should have a homeland and that it should be Israel). Not sure that has anything to do with this conversation....

Nebula...don't take this stuff so personally.

There is nothing wrong with division if it is over truth. If we can't agree then we shouldn't pray together. We should pray for each other. I will pray for that poor Canadian guy :-) Someone else take the pacifist???

LOL :P :il:

Who is going to pray for Shilo? He's a tough cookie!

By the way Mr Smash.

I am praying for your healing. I'm am sorry to hear about your ailments...may you be totally restored.

I am praying for you to enjoy our daddy. :t:

Times of refreshing....times of intimate joy....inner peace..inner strength. :P

And that you would shorten that dang novel you have posted as a signature. I can't read 53 pages of anything...especially on a computer. Would you mind giving me a summary or tell me where I can get the Cliff Notes version of what you believe? :P

Pretty please???

:D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 6:5,6

"And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synogogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place, and your Father Who sees in secret will reward you openly."

AMEN AMEN AMEN let the words of the Messiah Reign

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just wondering.

Is it that we love to argue with each other about the war but don't want to join in prayer together - or what???????

Nebula, I have been reading most of the new threads on this board for a couple of months now, and the question you pose here is very interesting.

There are several reasons that I can see and most are not uplifting and would not be well received.

The post by Shiloh is one of the more blaring examples of the problem. That post is carrying on his/her agenda that I have seen all over this board for some time. It has nothing to do with your post or question.

There are others that seem to do word searches and post every scripture in the bible that pertains to the subject or question. While this is good study it is sort of lousy conversation and distracts people from the subject. They just post verses and hope that you/us agree that they are appropriate. All too often the subject changes from the original question to what does this or that scripture mean.

Then there are those who seem to want to poke the eyes out of any and all homosexuals at the drop of a hat and sometimes leaving me as to how the conversation even got to that subject.

Overall I would suggest that most here, definitely not all, are afraid to actually open up and speak/write their hearts. The way some treat each other, I can't blame them much.

The problem with most Christians today is that we have paid a very small price for the safety of our souls. To lead a Christian life really isn't all that bad.

Take heart for the persecution on the horizon, I think, will bring us much closer together and put all these trivial things that are argued over here behind us all. My earnest prayer is for us all to see the danger coming and start taking care of each other. I think it is what your question is leading to....

As for joining in prayer, it is hard to pray when you are concerned about what others might think or write of your prayers. It is hard to pray to the Father when you don't trust your prayer pardners, and there seems to be little reason to trust everyone here. Some ......... maybe, all no.

My prayer to the Father is to bring all true beleivers/knowers back together as a whole. May it not take persicution, but if so may it be.

In Jesus Holy Name

Guest shiloh357
The post by Shiloh is one of the more blaring examples of the problem. That post is carrying on his/her agenda that I have seen all over this board for some time. It has nothing to do with your post or question.

:P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Psalm 140:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;

Psalm 140:2 Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.

Psalm 140:3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.

I am feeling a little confused. David was a warrior, a fighting man, "a man of blood," who killed many people in battle (war). If a man who leads his people/nation into war is evil, what does that say about King David, who led many war campaigns?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There is nothing wrong with division if it is over truth. If we can't agree then we shouldn't pray together. We should pray for each other.

Well, I do agree that we should pray for each other - but if we do not come together in the presence of the Lord, how will we ever reach unity? On our own? With our own strength? Apart from Him?

I keep thinking of the verse about how we are "in the world, not of the world." I know that different people see this in different ways, but that "in the world" does have an element of the fact that we have to conduct our affairs "in the world," and part of that is being of a race or culture or nation. But that "not of the world" part, we should agree that our first allegience should be towards the Kingdom of God.

Whatever we believe about a nation or about war, if our fighting about it takes precidence over preaching the Gospel, praying, lifting one another up - then something is wrong.

That's why I started the Prayer thread.

But I seriously wonder about real intentions now.

There's a spiritual battle going on here - on this Board.

Arise, O Lord!