IGNORED

So... I have a large request (regarding US election)

KeilanS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wikipedia Does A Fair Job As Any Explaining Our Election Circus.

Have Fun Following It And, As You Find Time, Drop A Note Or Two And Let Us Know Just How Goofy You Find Our Elections.

Keilan -

Let me start you with some basics before you try to figure out this article, though.

You know the two major political parties, correct?

OK, so before the general election, the states hold their primary elections - not all at the same time, though, making it a staggered election process. This is where the registered Republicans vote for the Republican candidate and the Democrats vote for the Democratic candidate. Basically the Republicans run against each other and the democrats run against each other (Hillary Clinton and Obama Barak are both Democrats, and they are running against each other for the Democratic ticket.) During the early and middle primary stages, several candidates drop out as votes show they are lagging behind (why spend the money and time if it is clear you are not going to win the majority party vote?). Sometimes, but not always, a trailing candidate will be selected for the Vice-Presidential candidate of the leading candidate.

After the primary elections are over, both parties hold a major convention where the chosen candidate is officially announced (of course, by then every one knows who the winner is - but you know...formalities). The losers of the primaries make their speeches in support of the winner. The wife of the candidate gets a chance to speak to the people as well (this was interesting when Bob Dole ran for president - everyone was more impressed with her than with him :thumbsup: ). And of course the chosen presidential candidate and vice-pres. candidate get to blab their mouths as well. Theoretically, the party platform is established during the convention (but you know how politics go).

After the conventions, then the lead Repub. and lead Demo. run against each other, and against whatever Independent party candidates are running. So far, the most success an Independent has done is to take votes away from either of the two R or D candidates, enabling the other to win.

I hope that clarifies things. Now you can read the Wikipedia article FresnoJoe linked you to.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well explained but you forgot the say about the caucauses. :24:

:24: Caucauses . . . I recognize the term, but I am failing to connect what they are. . . .

Would you mind explaining?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The Demoncrats ....

The Repugnantcans ....

:cool:

That pretty much sums it up! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Well, to briefly describe the two major parties--and I belong to neither one--I would put it this way. The Demoncrats stand for everything ungodly, wicked and evil. The Repugnantcans stand for ALMOST everything ungodly, wicked and evil.

:thumbsup::cool::cool: I'm aware of the two major parties and I couldn't agree more! :P

Thank you peaches for shedding some clarity on this. I understand the basics of US politics... but well, I've given up on ever figuring out all of ANY countries politics.

God Bless,

Keilan

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

there are some that have not even officially thrown their hats in the ring yet......

the names listed were the top runners for the Republican and Democratic party, these do not include the Wigs, the Independants, or the Reforms.... or other parties out there

we could start another party..... could call it the Yahway party or the Jesus party or something of that nature..... :emot-hug:

anyways, as far as who to vote for?????

well, this is how a person should vote.....

first, last, and foremost, HIT THE KNEES AND PRAY AND EVEN FAST A BIT, SEEKING GOD AND HIS WISDOM IN WHO SHOULD BE ELECTED......

second...... PRAY

third...... know the facts about each person, find out their track record as to how they have voted in congress or senate and in other areas, do not just take their word for it.... most politicians will say anything that they think will get you to think they are good..... and you know that during these times, people are call that which is evil , good....... do not be deceived.....

forth..... voteing straight party is not always a good thing..... vote the way God leads you to.....

fifth PRAY.... pray..... pray......

sixth...............vote...........

seventh............PRAY PRAY PRAY....

if you need a new pastor, then pray for the one you have......

if you need a new government, then pray for the one you have.......

mike

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I really hope the Lord returns before this next election. I don't

have any good hopes for it no matter who wins...

But, I will be looking at independents I am thinking. Don't know

yet. I don't want to vote for anyone who is not a main line

Christian, and then that line is so wide I am not sure I can

vote for a 'Christian'. I can't see much difference in them

any more.