Andrew007

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

That's not what I was saying Ronald. I do think our Father wants us to go before Him with our needs. Sometimes our needs are a job or a place to live or even a means of transportation. However, I also think we are blessed beyond measure anyway, and anything we have is a gift from God who equipps us to be able to make a buck in the profession we are in. To request a specific make, model? C'mon now. I would never do that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Brother Creflo "Send Me Some More" Dollar

I've always wondered if that is even his real last name.. :) That dude cracks me up - I watch his show just for kicks and giggles sometimes. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

That's not what I was saying Ronald. I do think our Father wants us to go before Him with our needs. Sometimes our needs are a job or a place to live or even a means of transportation. However, I also think we are blessed beyond measure anyway, and anything we have is a gift from God who equipps us to be able to make a buck in the profession we are in. To request a specific make, model? C'mon now. I would never do that.

Uh, you seem to have taken me a bit too seriously! I wasn't advocating praying for a certain car or saying that you did!!! I was thinking in terms of some outfit called "St. Matthew's Church" that sends carp in the mail wanting donations and in there little booklet, you can mark the type of car you want, you send in your "love offering" and they'll pray for you to get that car! Same thing with jobs, house, etc. It amazes me constantly that people fall for that kind of junk!

Uh, you seem to have taken me a bit too seriously! I wasn't advocating praying for a certain car or saying that you did!!! I was thinking in terms of some outfit called "St. Matthew's Church" that sends carp in the mail wanting donations and in there little booklet, you can mark the type of car you want, you send in your "love offering" and they'll pray for you to get that car! Same thing with jobs, house, etc. It amazes me constantly that people fall for that kind of junk!

duh! Sorry brother! :P:P:P

By the way, who mails out fish? Stinky mail!! :)

that sends carp in the mail
:):)

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I found some of my old church lessons...here are just a few of the verses they would use to justify "wealth" or how to get it....

The house of the righteous contains great treasure, but the income of the wicked brings them trouble. <>Proverbs 15:6

He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows. <>Isaiah 30:23

(remember our seed was our money, the ground was where you gave your money)

Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work--this is a gift of God.

<>Ecclesiastes 5:19

there was one in paticular that I have been looking for that was used alot....I can't find it though...maybe one you are better at this than me...the verse said something about....giving good things to His children...because we give good things to our children?....I will keep looking.

I honestly didn't see the problem until I went home and started to read these verses in their complete chapter. The church never once that I can remember told us to go home and read that chapter....we were told to read that verse and meditate upon it but not the whole chapter :)

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Here ya go Angel.

Luke 11:7-13

7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Prosperity preachers make me icon8.gif

Prosperity preachers make me icon8.gif

:t2::t2::t2:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Here ya go Angel.

Luke 11:7-13

7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

thanks trav....I was having a hard time finding it :t2: :il:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.