kari21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

God already planned my life out. He wants me to live my life as an Atheist so I can teach a class on evil in heaven. Of course, the second before I die, I will accept Jesus as my personal saviour. It's all planned out.

No worries, my future brothers and sisters, I'll see you all soon. Can't wait to see Matthitjah and Oldman Joe in heaven. They owe me beer.

Are you serious :)

it sounds like a good idea to me

Sounds like a recipe for damnation to me. Justaguy, please rethink that one. God will know if you try to repent just to avoid hell. :o

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

God already planned my life out. He wants me to live my life as an Atheist so I can teach a class on evil in heaven. Of course, the second before I die, I will accept Jesus as my personal saviour. It's all planned out.

No worries, my future brothers and sisters, I'll see you all soon. Can't wait to see Matthitjah and Oldman Joe in heaven. They owe me beer.

Are you serious :)

it sounds like a good idea to me

Sounds like a recipe for damnation to me. Justaguy, please rethink that one. God will know if you try to repent just to avoid hell. :o

I believe Jesus..God Our father knew me before I was in the womb of my mother, id not believe He wishes any one to suffer. But I do believe that there is a certain element called the human way verses Gods way here. I know that these children all over that are suffering sooo....much. I cannot imagine being in Korsovo (?spelling) and seeing childrenwithout parents running the streets starving , having no clothes, no medicine, no where to sleep or in India ..or in africa. Not even in my own country. I do not even know how a person who adopts there can pick just one child. But we will see...There are also terrific miracles that happen, some are quiet due to getting thrown in jail. There is a answer but we may never know it until we reach heaven. :)

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Sounds like a recipe for damnation to me. Justaguy, please rethink that one. God will know if you try to repent just to avoid hell.

Isn't that the whole idea? Repenting to avoid Gods wrath?

Doesn't the thought of punishment cause one to flee to Gods mercy?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Sounds like a recipe for damnation to me. Justaguy, please rethink that one. God will know if you try to repent just to avoid hell.

So it must be the thought of punishment that cause's one to flee to God's mercy. I'd rather go to God because he was good at heart and a good friend to hang out with.

Put it this way if someone was having a party would you like to go because they are a nice guy and great fun to be around or would you like to go because they said they would shoot you if you did'nt.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I was watching a televangelist last night who was talking about Gods plan for everyones life. He said that even before we were born, God had a wonderful plan for our lives laid out.

That got me to thinking...

Why kind of "wonderful plan" is it for those children in Africa and other places who are starving to death? Is that the "plan" God had for their lives from before they were born?

It just strikes me as odd that God would have a great plan for some lives, and a horrid one for others.

What is the deal? :whistling:

Every child is born with a God-plan. The children to which you refer are no different. They also are born with a spiritual blueprint---in Christ. There is so much potential in a life that accepts Christ. It's up to us to make sure they find Him. Thiose who do, God sustains. He blesses---maybe not as we expect, but as He chooses.

The deal is that we live in an extremely spiritually impoverished world...so much inequity. The greedy wealthy, yet spiritually poor on one side of the globe and the poor, starving physically and spiritually on the other. It's not part of some horrid plan of God--it's His perfect plan gone amok--because of sin!

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081

I was watching a televangelist last night who was talking about Gods plan for everyones life. He said that even before we were born, God had a wonderful plan for our lives laid out.

That got me to thinking...

Why kind of "wonderful plan" is it for those children in Africa and other places who are starving to death? Is that the "plan" God had for their lives from before they were born?

It just strikes me as odd that God would have a great plan for some lives, and a horrid one for others.

What is the deal? :whistling:

Every child is born with a God-plan. The children to which you refer are no different. They also are born with a spiritual blueprint---in Christ. There is so much potential in a life that accepts Christ. It's up to us to make sure they find Him. Thiose who do, God sustains. He blesses---maybe not as we expect, but as He chooses.

Where is this Scripturally? And where does it say that it is up to us to ensure they find Him? The Bible says God draws His own. "You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you..."

The deal is that we live in an extremely spiritually impoverished world...so much inequity. The greedy wealthy, yet spiritually poor on one side of the globe and the poor, starving physically and spiritually on the other. It's not part of some horrid plan of God--it's His perfect plan gone amok--because of sin!

Now you are saying that man's choices are more sovereign than God - that what man does can ruin God's plans. Not so, God remains in complete and total control of His universe.

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

So it must be the thought of punishment that cause's one to flee to God's mercy. I'd rather go to God because he was good at heart and a good friend to hang out with.

Put it this way if someone was having a party would you like to go because they are a nice guy and great fun to be around or would you like to go because they said they would shoot you if you did'nt.

Some good advice: http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/2704.htm

Oh wow..it won't happen that way, justaguy. You have to have Godly sorrow in order to repent. Chances are, you won't come to that place of repentance...you won't be repentant unless the Holy Spirit moves you to that place. Spurn Him often enough, He will stop trying altogether and leave you to your sinning ways.

Where is this Scripturally? And where does it say that it is up to us to ensure they find Him? The Bible says God draws His own. "You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you..."

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,