EATING ME UP

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

SHORT AND TO THE POINT. A GUY I DATED FOR FOUR MONTHS OWES ME MONEY FOR AN IPOD I PURCHASED FOR HIM. HE CONTINUES TO TELL ME THAT HE IS GOING TO MAIL ME THE CHECK. WE LIVE IN DIFFERENT CITIES....THAT WAS A WEEK AGO. AND THE SECOND CHECK SHOULD HAVE BEEN MAILED BY NOW. I CALL AND LEAVE VERY POLITE MESSAGES....REAPING OF COALS ON HIS HEAD....I REFUSE TO SHOW MY ANGER. THE TOTAL AMOUNT IS $275.OO. WHEN I CALLED AND REACHED HIM I SPOKE FOR JUST A FEW MINTUES. SO HE CAN SEE MY NUMBER ON THE PHONE. I SENT EMAILS AND HE RESPONDED IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE BY NOW. AT THIS POINT I AM VERY ANGRY. YES I KNOW THAT IS ALLOWING THE SITUATION TO TAKE OVER MY LIFE. JUST SKIP ALL THE YOU DONT GIVE A MAN MONEY AND ALL THAT...I WANT GODLY COUNSEL. NOT WORLDY VIEWS.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

If it doesn't come soon, you may have to chalk it up to a costly learning experience.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

What do you mean Godly counsel not wordily views......................the world would say get mad, harass him, talk bad around him, or your remark about not giving a man money. Jesus said, give to those that ask, and not expect anything in return.

Let it go, and to add to what Jesus said, with a wordily twist, if you give/loan someone money, always do it the expectation of never seeing it and sometimes them again. If you don't get it back, then its what you were expecting, and you wont tear yourself up about it, and let satan use it as an excuse to conduct yourself in less than a Christian manner, if you do get it back, well then your pleasantly surprised.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

If it doesn't come soon, you may have to chalk it up to a costly learning experience.

:thumbsup:

how was he supposed to have sent the payment? check? money order? cash?

you could tell him if he sent a check he needs to stop payment on it immediately and make his payment through paypal or wire transfer.

but no matter what you tell him, it's not going to change the fact that he probably has no intention of ever paying you.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

There is only two solutions for your problem.

1. if you have proof that it wasn't a gift, and thats going to be difficult without a contract to pay you back, you can sue him in small claims court.

2. if you have no way to prove it, your only other option is to let it go. shoot i WISH 275 dollars is all i have been screwed out of in my life time!

Last of all and here comes the Godly part. IF you continue to let it eat you up, your sinning. Letting it create a spriit of anger in you, resentment and all, is not giving it to God and letting him handle it.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with the above. I also know that it was probably a lot of money to you, BUT, in the long run, it's better than a long term relationship or marriage to a guy that doesn't sound too noble. It's a good lesson learned. Don't dwell on it, and don't let the enemy fill you with pride or resentment. I remember something similar happened to me in my earlier years, and it was very valuable. I did learn quickly from it.

I'm sorry, I know it feels bad, but it will pass, and God will deal with those who trouble you, if you remain in His counsel and don't let the event turn into something worse....just learn from it.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Kiss it goodbye, and move on.......

Guest Biblicist

:laugh: If someone borrows $20 from you and you never see them again, it was probably worth it! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

:laugh: If someone borrows $20 from you and you never see them again, it was probably worth it! :thumbsup:

hmmm one of my divorces cost me 20,000 dollars and it was worth every penny to make her go away.