• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I've resently been asked to join my Church Children ministry and I agreed to do so. The thing is even though I love children and 9 out of 10 have them with me even though I don't have any kids myself, my heart isn't really in children ministry. I look around me and I see so many homeless people in my area. It seems that in the past six months their number keep increasing. I find that my heart and desire to serve is there. Theres no ministry in my Church that serve the homeless. I want so much to do so and yet theres no outlet for me. I don't know what to do. Should I ignore the calliing I know God's given me or should I try to start a ministry that reach out to the homeless? I don't know... the first seems foolish to me and the other impossible. An advise? :emot-highfive:

God bless

Jacqueline

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

First off, share your heart with the head of the Children's Ministry. Then speak to the pastor about the homeless and ask if it's possible to have the church start a homeless outreach. If one can't be started, ask him if he can refer you to a homeless mission outreach in the area that you can help out with (you don't have to leave the church).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Looking for Advise

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Thank you for your replies. Right now I feel so unsettled, but leaving my Church is not an option for me. I know that God sent me there so until He say it's time to move that's where I'll be. The children ministry is not where I believe I'm suppose to be, but I've made a commitment and I always try my best to keep my commitments.

Your right. If it is God's will I am seeking to do then He will make a way. TOW: TRUST God to lead you; OBEY when He tells you what to do; WAIT for Him to work. He won't fail you! Thank you.

God bless

Jacqueline

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:P from damo1

high i read what you shared and i can see wear you are comming from i have been doing out reach work for over 5yrs know as i am our churches out reach worker hear in australia i am with the christian out reach center a lot of my work is with troubled youth and homeless people as this is wear i felt god was leading me i also do mentoring work yet before i walked into this i just spent some time alone in prayer lifting my needs to the lord then i went to a confrence and it was confirmed that this is wear the lord wanted me to be reaching out to kids in need i am also in the midle of aplying for a goverment job as mentor for a group that deals with foster kids and they have half way houses set up so that they can work on some issues before a child is placed into a family as you do not want to place a youth who is violent into a home that is stable wear parents have youth who have not been threw this

i work close with goverment youth workers and i also work close with the police and department off community services i have come a long way and i have learnt a lot as well and i have seen god do some amazing things just talk to your father in heaven also talk with your pastor and tel him this is wear you feel the lord is leading you and get support around you as i have people in my church constantly praying for me i walk the streets in our town til 4am i am out at 8.30pm on a friday and saturday night as the youth in our town hang out til 4am on friday and saturday nights

you wil never be the same once you begin to work in this area and you can also get training in this threw bible collage also hear in australia teen challange does a lot of training and i am not sure if you have teen challange based wear you are nicky cruze and david wilkerson started teen challange of in america and it has grown to wear other churches and countrys have taken on there moduals so have a look at what can be offerd to you

be your self and alow the holy spirit to lead you as i always depend on the holy spirit to guide me in the work that i do hear in my town i love being out on the streets among the homeless and the youth

from damo1

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

incorporate the two......

teach the children how to minister to the homeless...... raise up a new generation of servants for the Lord...

i have found that the ones that are most willing to help (work) are those that are young, when they become in the mid teens to mid 30's they loose interest in doing things for others...... (maybe even later in life before they realize that they are not the only ones on this planet....)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

Thank you for your replies. Right now I feel so unsettled, but leaving my Church is not an option for me. I know that God sent me there so until He say it's time to move that's where I'll be. The children ministry is not where I believe I'm suppose to be, but I've made a commitment and I always try my best to keep my commitments.

Your right. If it is God's will I am seeking to do then He will make a way. TOW: TRUST God to lead you; OBEY when He tells you what to do; WAIT for Him to work. He won't fail you! Thank you.

God bless

Jacqueline

Jacquline,

Go outside the box!! What I mean the word of God never said you have to serve only within your "church". I see you are located in Los Angeles, I am from Calif. and know the need there, I know of that place called the Dream Center in LA. I tell you what if I lived there now that is where I would be!!! We have here an open pantry where we feed the homeless and the less fortunate. We are trying to open a shelter here also. Running into a lot of road blocks. we also open the doors for sunday service so they can have a place to worship if they so choose. If this is on your heart go out and find a way to fulfill that desire, which is given from the Lord Himself!!! :mgdetective::mgfrog:

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Pray and expect the answers.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/26/1970

Very interesting! When I was reading this story I think about my ministry for children. I've never been USA but I think homeless kids there are so many as USA and also as Ukraine. I think God loves all people. Is it true? My heart hurts when I see any body who doesn't know God's love and mercy but I've decided to serve for children. If some body can teach child also he could teach any body elder.

I see some answer for you, Jacqueline. The first, you do very wonderful that decide to serve God; the second, Paul said: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men", Col.3:23; the next one, teach children to see needs and troubles each other.

When my family started our ministry we were afraid very much and always pray God to go ahead us. Our daughter disagreed with a girl in yard who was informal lieder. But it was very large blessing for us. We could meet parents of this girl and it was the first family with whom we began to speak about Bible, God and etc. Mother of this girl did very nice thing for us, she told her friends about us and our mission. We has the first Christian camp where there are about 30 children from our yard and near. We taught children to love each other, be obedient their parents, see needs and troubles each other and etc. When this children went to their schools they told their friends about our camps, and we had very many kids next Summer. Children can serve for homeless. We see that.

Be blessed by God,

Victor.

If it is God's will I am seeking to do then He will make a way.
:mgfrog:

You should Have A few Rescue Missions close to you?

In Fresno ours has a set of separate rooms in a separate building just for mothers and children to sleep safely.

You might find a few in you town with just the place needed for your ministry.

In our little town we also have a Christian ministry with fortified apartments for mothers and children under extreme threat of physical violence.

They can stay until they are safe and are able to establish a home of their own.

They are taught home and child skills and the Word of God and job skills and cooking skills and introduced to different church families to see if there might be a possible extended church family support for them.

You might look up the Rescue Missions and ask them where the needs are that God as put upon your heart.

Let us know what happens so we can pray with you.

Be Blessed Beloved.

Love, Your Brother Joe