• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I was reading an article titled "The Seven Signs of Authentic Christianity" by Helena Lehmanand I came across the following qualifications:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Are you asking if these are qualifications for becoming a Christ Follower, or the expected results in the life of one who has become a Christ Follower already?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

I was reading an article titled "The Seven Signs of Authentic Christianity" by Helena Lehmanand I came across the following qualifications:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

John 10:27

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

I would have to say this verse applies to all, Hearing Jesus signifies a personal relationship with the Lord, and following him is a product of knowing him.

One thing I've learned is that change doesn't happen all at once, as you grow in the Lord, the Holy Spirit changes your heart, The more you focus on the Lord, and apply him to your life, the more The Holy Spirit fills you, and changes you.

When I was first saved, the Lord convicted me about drug use before he convicted me about sex, and he convicted me about sex way before he convicted me about my language, it was a growing process, and though it took a while to let go of these fleshly desires, the Holy Spirit changed my heart to where I don't desire to do them anymore, it was a growing process, it didn't happen all at once.

Guest Greg Davies

Hello Justin,

The article you refer to is excellent. Your question about the Holy Spirit is is one many Christians ask and wonder about.

I suggest you read the following scriptures:

Luke 11:13 reveals that the Gift of the H.S. is to be asked for.

Acts 2:38 declares that repentence (salvation), water baptism, and the gift of the H.S. are three seperate operations. Those who believe that you get the H.S. at salvation are correct in the fact that we are baptized in the H.S. when we become part of the Body of Christ. (Titus 3:5, I Cor 12:13). But the baptism of the H.S. and the gift or filling of the H.S. are two different things.

Acts 8:12, 14-17; 9:3-18; and 19:1-6 will make this clear. The baptism is for cleansing and purification. It's a washing that provides us with a new spirit. That which is born of Spirit is spirit (John 3:6) and this is what happens when we receive Jesus as our Saviour. The gift or filling is for "power". In Acts 1:5 and 8, Jesus describes these two seperate operations.

The gifts of the H.S. come with the Gift of the H.S. The gifts are described in I Cor 12. Their purpose is to edyfy or build up the Body of Christ and they work by love (I Cor 13).

I could go on. Many books have been written on the subject. If you have more questions, please ask.

I'll leave you with these thoughts: One of the gifts of the H.S. is the gift of "divers kinds" of tongues ( I Cor 12:10). It's function is described in Acts 2:6-13. This is not the same as the "unknown" tongue talked about in I Cor 14. The term "divers kinds" is from the Greek "genos" which means a known tongue as we see in the Acts 2:6 scripture. The tongue described in I Cor 14 is truly "unknown" because no man understands it (verse 2). This is a prayer tongue between the believer and God and is vital for Christian growth and power (I Cor 14:4 and Jude 20). God bless. Greg.

Edited by Greg Davies

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

A Christian is someone who has accepted the gift offered by God.

We can't DO anything that others may determine whether or not we've accepted this gift or not. Jesus did it all.

The list is good, but imo, this is more about the maturity of the Christian. It's a good checklist but doesn't determine anything.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Luke 11:13 reveals that the Gift of the H.S. is to be asked for.

Acts 2:38 declares that repentence (salvation), water baptism, and the gift of the H.S. are three seperate operations. Those who believe that you get the H.S. at salvation are correct in the fact that we are baptized in the H.S. when we become part of the Body of Christ. (Titus 3:5, I Cor 12:13). But the baptism of the H.S. and the gift or filling of the H.S. are two different things.

that is my take on it also. Though you might get some flack from cessationists about it. :)

Thank you all for your posts. That website has a lot of great information in it and I hope it will become a valuable resource for everyone. I have it in my favorites and I hope inspires everyone that visits it.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hate to be a downer...but something strikes me odd about the author...and her website. I believe she is promoting New-Age Christianity, and possibly a broader form of pantheism.

She believes Noah and his son Shem built the Great Pyramid, and the Sphynx. She believes the Zodiac is a message from God. She kinda says a few things that are a bit....odd.

Also, her list of 'attributes' for real Christians isn't founded in scripture. I wouldn't say that any of the attributes are wrong...however...there is nothing in scripture that says you are not "Authentic" if you don't have a quiet time, or don't take a shower, or don't speak in tongues, etc.

It seems to me that the author, and the website, are chock full of things that she is adding to the scriptures, or simply making up.

That's true, she does seem a bit strange, but her list did include some references to scripture. But, anyone that is blessed with the holy spirit of ministry can interpret the bible for those that may have difficulty understanding some passages. Please don't think I am inferring that she is a minister or is under the influence of the Holy Spirit, I can't verify that. Thanks for your post though.