MeCajunboy

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I currently work at a place that full of non-believers and very "Worldly, Carnal " people. I would love to be around Christians and I have prayed regarding finding a job that I would feel more comfortable. I have also searched for this job but have not found anything yet. However, with that said, I believe that this is where God wanted me to be and where he wants me to be at this time. Maybe to be a light (however dim) to others or maybe for the lessons I can learn. In my personal time I know that he is leading me and I am involved in things that he has led me to.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Welcome to Worthy, Gift of Grace!

Funny, I was telling myself that just today. I'm beginning to believe there are no "safe havens" for Christians in this world, not even a church. God is our Rock, though, and on Him we stand. There is no Fortress like Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

Most of the time......but not all of the time. I confess I fail God a lot....

Prayers Kari

I think if we all want to admit it Kari, many of us view ourselves as "falling short of HIS glory!"

I can testify to that. Just remember, we're all God's workmanship in Christ Jesus. Phil. 2:13 states that it's God that's working in us both to will and do of His good pleasure.

We all are a work in progress.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Most of the time......but not all of the time. I confess I fail God a lot....

:emot-hug:

Guest Biblicist

There is only one thing God has called me to do. Be Obedient. Sometimes I am, and sometimes I struggle with it, but I will continue to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

There is only one thing God has called me to do. Be Obedient. Sometimes I am, and sometimes I struggle with it, but I will continue to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. :thumbsup:

Yea, isn't that a shame? God only asks us to do ONE thing.....and we can't even do that!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

I have no clue right now. Done raised my kids, wife is gone, all i have left are my dogs and my truck.

I figure that if he don't want me to do anymore, then he will take me to heaven. Guess theres something i haven't done yet, but have no idea what that is. And no, prayer isn't helping!

so i sit here and wait

Guest Biblicist

There is only one thing God has called me to do. Be Obedient. Sometimes I am, and sometimes I struggle with it, but I will continue to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. :24:

Yea, isn't that a shame? God only asks us to do ONE thing.....and we can't even do that!

Too true! :thumbsup:

I'm not worried though because He knows it's a struggle for us to be obedient with Satan prowling around like a hungry lion. . . Someday the victory will be ours!

Sweet victory in Jesus, My Saviour forever!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I too am waiting. Kids are raised and married. Still working our own business but uprooted from our old home of nearly 20 years - still a feeling of expectancy of some kind (hence my user name) - things i stand on: 1) Gratitude for simple things like shelter and food and water and air 2) Taking very good care of the most humble things 3) More time for learning of God 4) Staying alert in a stage of preparation.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

I have no clue right now. Done raised my kids, wife is gone, all i have left are my dogs and my truck.

I figure that if he don't want me to do anymore, then he will take me to heaven. Guess theres something i haven't done yet, but have no idea what that is. And no, prayer isn't helping!

so i sit here and wait

Hey, waiting is good. Excellent. :wub:

While you are waiting just keep on keeping on studying, seeking, praying, rejoicing in God.

Even though I know that I'm doing in general the things God wants, He often gives me sabbaticals or breaks. We need rests and respites from the storms.

Dogs are good too. :emot-hug: