• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

But have ones breasts enlarged is a "me" thing or a "look at me" thing, and I believe it is not right

So is having white teeth. Are you against having braces or bleaching your teeth?

BTW...I agree prothestics was a bad argument, since we are discussing 'cosmetic' enhancements.

Whitening ones teeth usually doesn't have sexual overtones. Most men don't get excited over a woman whose teeth are white. Now, being "well endowed" is not a bad thing in itself. But a person who chooses to have surgery to alter their appearance and to enhance what they have is a totally different situation than bleaching ones teeth. I don't know who this person is or what their attitude is, but my guess is that she wants to enlarge her breasts so men will find her sexy. If that is what a relationship is built on, it is as fake and as false and as superficial as the body part which has been fixed.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Whitening ones teeth usually doesn't have sexual overtones. Most men don't get excited over a woman whose teeth are white. Now, being "well endowed" is not a bad thing in itself. But a person who chooses to have surgery to alter their appearance and to enhance what they have is a totally different situation than bleaching ones teeth. I don't know who this person is or what their attitude is, but my guess is that she wants to enlarge her breasts so men will find her sexy. If that is what a relationship is built on, it is as fake and as false and as superficial as the body part which has been fixed.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Hmmmmm...... :emot-wave: So you wouldn't

• put braces on your or your kid's teeth?
  • cap your teeth?
  • pierce your ears?
  • diet?
  • work out?
  • have an operation to correct a cleft lip?
  • dye your hair?
  • wear hair extensions?
  • paint your nails?
  • shave?

All those things correct a "natural" appearance. I'm curious, do you simply draw the line at breasts, so to speak? Or do you endorse crooked teeth, a flabby body, a facial deformity, thin/balding hair, bad nails and a hairy upper lip in the name of not tampering with your natural appearance? :th_wave:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Breast enhancement is not the unforgivable sin.....heck, I'm sure it isn't even a sin! It is a long way, though, from shaving ones legs or painting ones nails. Whatever a Christian does should be done to please God. Does God get angry if anyone puts braces on their teeth? I don't think He does. Now if those braces were put on to encourage lust in someone, that's a different story. We are not to do things to stumble a fellow Christian. Whether you want to admit it or not, there are certain body parts which can stimulate a lust. Usually teeth or fingernails aren't one of them. There is nothing wrong with trying to look nice - neat, modest, clean, etc. I really can think of only one reason a person would want to enhance a body part that is sexually stimulating. Maybe there are other reasons, but I just can't think of any. I do not advocate wrapping a woman up and hiding her away. But, modesty in all things is a must for a Christian. If a woman chooses to enlarge her breasts, and remains modest well, OK. But don't flaunt yourself. Even if you are born well endowed, don't flaunt yourself.

<>< ><>

Nathele

if i had a man who wasn't satisfied with what little i got, then i'd have the wrong man LOL.

i just can't imagine having breast augmentation that consists of silicone, or saline filled silicone pouches. to me, that's about as frivolous and vain as a man having a penile implant to make him "larger".

that's a far cry from altering your appearance by dying your hair... especially if you're grey-headed, because grey is NOT a natural colour. or having your teeth bleached, because tea-stained is also not a natural colour. and while some kids may be born with crooked teeth, it's not natural for them to be out of whack. cleft palates also are not "natural". and while many people may be obese, obesity is not a natural state either, so it can't really be compared to diet/exercise.

the world perceives many things because of our appearance. and how one's teeth look, or even how one's hair looks, can have a profound impact on a person's quality of life, quality of employment, etc.

a person's breast or penis size will never be discriminated against in the job market. maybe in the "meat market", but spiritually mature people aren't making those things a high priority in a mate.

i won't begrudge anyone who has augmentation to their breasts. but i think it's a sad thing that so many women have such a negative self image that they feel it is necessary. heck, i'm not overly fond about my tiny boobs, but i'm quite content with wearing padded bras to make my clothes hang right on my body.... because small boobs aren't a physical abberation.

but eyes, now that's another story. now that my laser hair removal is paid for, i'm going to start saving for lasik surgery. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I hope it is ok to start this discussion here. Mods, please feel free to remove if not.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are about women having surgery to change their breast size.

I am not referring to those who have undergone masectomys or breast reduction due to health reasons.

Are there any scripture references to support it?

Or, if not, what scriptures would indicate that it is not ok for a christian woman to change her body and what God has blessed her with?

I have my thoughts and opinions but I might share them with you later.

I would just like to hear what others think and I would encourage men to share too, if they feel comfortable to do so.

It would be good if the discussion dosn't get into a heated debate, though.

thanks! :whistling:

The bible tells us both male and female to be and dress conservatively at all times. So as not to attract the wrong attention or give the wrong impression. And breast augmentation does both. It opens a women up for the wrong kind of attention and it gives the wrong impression. Any conservative thinking Christian woman would never consider breast breast augmentation unless it is for medical reasons. If there are no medical reasons then it is for vanities sake, and we all know what the word of God says about vanity.

a person's breast or penis size will never be discriminated against in the job market. maybe in the "meat market", but spiritually mature people aren't making those things a high priority in a mate.

i won't begrudge anyone who has augmentation to their breasts. but i think it's a sad thing that so many women have such a negative self image that they feel it is necessary. heck, i'm not overly fond about my tiny boobs, but i'm quite content with wearing padded bras to make my clothes hang right on my body.... because small boobs aren't a physical abberation.

but eyes, now that's another story. now that my laser hair removal is paid for, i'm going to start saving for lasik surgery. :whistling:

You have quite the turn-of-phrase going there.

I can tell you for sure that breast size, weight, shape, hair color, eye color, etc. are definitely parts of the "prospecting" market, ie., competing for business in my line of work. I have not had anything augmented or altered , however, with the exception of my nose, which I never liked and since I was having facial reconstruction surgery....I thought I'd get the nose I always wanted. Fortunately, my talent more than makes up for any shortcomings in my physical stature.

I find this thread rather humorous. I hope the OP'er is a woman of independent thought lol.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

I believe Smalcald answered the answer that matters. It's not important whether a woman augments her breasts, but rather what is her heart motivation? If it is to be more "sexy" or more attractive to men, well, then I would be concerned. If it is however for other reasons (there are several) then it's not as negative.

I know Christian women who had gastric bypass surgery, then a tummy tuck (for the hangy skin after the weight loss), then breast surgery to reverse the gravity(not augmentation, but lifting). I know Christian women who have had face lifts, dye their hair, wear lots of makeup etc. Basically, I don't see any difference. What is the question is WHY is the woman doing this? That is only something she and Jesus can answer (not even her hubby can) and it's not something we should judge in another.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

My thought is "How will this glorify God?" This is what should guide everything we do. A woman should not use her body to create lust in another person.

Oh why not!?? You mean a woman can't make her husband desire her even more?? Hate to break it to ya, personality only goes so far! It doesn't get that knock you down drag you to the cave look from your husband! Thats what the looks are for!

My thought is "How will this glorify God?" This is what should guide everything we do. A woman should not use her body to create lust in another person.

Oh why not!?? You mean a woman can't make her husband desire her even more?? Hate to break it to ya, personality only goes so far! It doesn't get that knock you down drag you to the cave look from your husband! Thats what the looks are for!

You are an interesting personality, aren't you? :o I don't disagree with you, btw, but I don't know that I would have phrased it like that. lol

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Generally, women who go for something like that do it for the attention it gets from men. You must ask, is this what I want? To have men look at me in a sexual manner imagining all kinds of things? When we know that every unclean thought is not a good thing? When we sow to the flesh, we reap from the flesh. But, spiritual creatures cast fleshly things away.

Women are also responsible and carry a burden for men in the way they dress. Women know that men are easily heated by what they see. Therefore, holy comportment in all things is efficacious. Those with natural endowments must dress them in a way they do not become a stumbling block for brothers.

What would Jesus say? Those who know Him well, know! Those who are just getting to know Him, must take the advice from those who know Him. My advice? Don't do it. The least of the issues on that subject are health-related.

Written like a true man. It's best not to be too general; you can't possibly know why a woman has procedures done.

As one who has invested tens of thousands of dollars in cosmetic surgery to repair damages to my face and body from my injuries, I can tell you I did not have all those procedures done to attract men or for sexual reasons! I did it so people wouldn't look at me and say, "Oh you poor thing! What happened to you?" or "Yuck!" Not to mention being able to work and function in the world.

Your body is your personal, private property. Let your redeemed conscience be your guide in this. And for Pete's sake, keep your mouth shut about it! Don't tell too many people. You'll have them staring you in the chest constantly.

But remember, once you get it done, there's no going back. Well, there is, but it's painful both physically and financially.

Its a wonderful thing! And it doesn't hurt if it causes your hubby to drool a bit either does it! :o