IGNORED

WARNING!! Educated female......

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

To educate doesn't necessarily mean in a school institution - you can educate your child in the way of life and indeed educate just by physical actions and without words.

This statement was made by a woman who hails from a country where women of modest means don't receive a school education but only the wealthy. The tone of her statement is the liberation and freedom of women and the importance of women in the home and corporate world as well as changing the course of history and - leaving a feminine handprint on this planet.

This statement appealed to me because it promotes a ray of hope for women in a male dominated system. :blink:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

To educate doesn't necessarily mean in a school institution - you can educate your child in the way of life and indeed educate just by physical actions and without words.

This statement was made by a woman who hails from a country where women of modest means don't receive a school education but only the wealthy. The tone of her statement is the liberation and freedom of women and the importance of women in the home and corporate world as well as changing the course of history and - leaving a feminine handprint on this planet.

This statement appealed to me because it promotes a ray of hope for women in a male dominated system. :blink:

Well that makes the statement objectively different. Gotta check all the facts..

I most certainly agree then...shed a little light and things look different

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Oxymoron alert!

Run for cover :24:

p.s........what do you call a woman with half a brain?

Gifted! :24::blink:

:24::24::24:

Well cook your own meals then! :)

And wash and darn your own socks too! :24:

Men like to show off their strengths by changing womens' tyres and climbing on ladders to clean the outside of her windows! So who is stupid now then? :):P:24::24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

How can women teach if they are not educated?

Easy. All you need is a firm tone of voice and a whip. :blink:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I thought I recognized that statement. It is not education that makes anybody, male or female, free. It is a combination of wisdom and having a sense of who you are in the world. For some people the education is what gives them confidence. However, you may have tons of education but without the wisdom of knowing how to use it and the skills to navigate this, to use your words, "man's world," you're no better off. It is confidence in yourself, your abilities and above all a dedication to achieving what you want, when you want it that will purchase the liberty everybody is looking for. Problem is, in some cultures. it is not necessarily a lack of education but a lack of freedom and a lack of propserity to begin with that keeps people in general down.

I put this statement in the same league as "I am woman, hear me roar."

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Oxymoron alert!

Run for cover :24:

p.s........what do you call a woman with half a brain?

Gifted! :24::blink:

:24::24::24:

Well cook your own meals then! :)

And wash and darn your own socks too! :24:

Men like to show off their strengths by changing womens' tyres and climbing on ladders to clean the outside of her windows! So who is stupid now then? :):P:24::24:

I Do,

I wash dishes, laundry, I sew, cook, clean, mow paint work and provide for the family, as my wife is unable to even do laundry.....

my sisters husband also does all of these things.... my sister can not even sweep the kitchen floor....my sister is educated, and also has the wisdom to use the knowledge, my wife is currently in school, learning a new trade.....

a woman can teach and not have even a high school diploma... a person can teach and not have any credentials of man..... Peter, a fisherman, a rough and tough, rumble tumble man, in contrast with Paul, a very educated man..... both chosen by God.....

what man can not do, God can....

mike

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315

other than what u said about the patriarchy thing, Hisgirl, that statement is also used (in the developing world) in the context that women are usually the primary care givers and they spend the most time iwth kids. now if you educate the women, you would have enlightened them to the importance of education. what usually happens is that either the women start teaching their own kids at home if they cant afford to send them to school (most developing countries have to pay for even primary education) or, because they realise how important it is, will do whatever is necessary to send the kids to school. if they have never tasted school however, chances are they wont bother trying to make sure that kids get an education but rather, will just have them continue on in the norms of the day like doing chores and trying to get food for the family. its not that they are using the kids and are depriving them, it will be just they havent been enlightened to the education thing. thus if u educate one woman, essentially you would have educated her entire family, and their families and so on and so on till the whole nation is all nice and educated*. your initial quote is slowly dying though as this doesnt apply to as many people as it did when it was first used.

*on the flip side of this education thing: though it appears like a good thing, it usually means indoctrinating the kids with western ideas and how the west views the world rather than what fits in with them and their societies. in any case, thats a story for another day.

Guest HIS girl

My Mother was uneducated, having grown up in a village where there weren't any schools close by. She was one of those women who admired education and was proud to have her 9 children attend school. Having said that, she was educated in "life" and was wise to boot with a huge heart and loads of confidence.

Education for educations sake can be wasted, that's true but for those who never had it, it is regarded highly because it relates to a form of freedom and expression.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315

INJ!!! its you!! hey! :)

put it in ur sig or something that you changed ur nic! i've been wondering why you were mia lol.