• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

Darwin was wrong and he eventualy admited this fact before he died

damo,

This is untrue. His family members confirmed that Darwin did not recant before he died. Not only that, what does it change? Nothing. If I go my whole life and say that the earth is flat, and then on my deathbed recant and say I was wrong all along, what difference does it make? It doesn't change the fact that the earth was round the whole time, I just refused to see it. This point neither helps nor hinders the cause for Creation and is addressed in a very good article by Russel Grigg here:

Did Darwin Recant?

Hope this helps.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Darwin was wrong and he eventualy admited this fact before he died

damo,

This is untrue. His family members confirmed that Darwin did not recant before he died. Not only that, what does it change? Nothing. If I go my whole life and say that the earth is flat, and then on my deathbed recant and say I was wrong all along, what difference does it make? It doesn't change the fact that the earth was round the whole time, I just refused to see it. This point neither helps nor hinders the cause for Creation and is addressed in a very good article by Russel Grigg here:

Did Darwin Recant?

Hope this helps.

from damo1

have you gone into the link that i left for davem to look at go into that link for your self and have a good read look at darwins score card and you wil see for your self were he admitted he was wrong i am not and i wil state it very clear a darwin fan at al i am doing re search my self i stand on gods word alone and please do not waste me time in getting me to see it clear to your way of thinking so go into the link i left for davem and have a good read for your self

from damo1

to davem

got your message and let me make it clear i am not a darwin fan at all i just left that link for you and any one eles to look at yes it is freaky stuff and by the way my mate does not go by darwin as well as he also found it very freaky and he is very good at what he does and is one of the best other wise he would not be also teaching at uni

i got to admit i found what it says is freaky yet i am re searching for my self and i did not want to clog up this post that a member left with stuff that should not be hear

i go by the bible and i stand by what it says in gods living word yet i wil look at the link i gave you in intrest to see were this guy was coming from i was told to go to his score card and that is all i left i am not much of brain head my self yet i am doing this to see for my self what every one else is talking about

i am sorry its freaky stuff davem yet there is a lot of stuff to read and to go threw in this link alone

and its going to take me time to go over everything that is jotted down hear

from damo1

to davem hear is the full link http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org / v6i4htm

i only jotted down dariwns score card and saw what it stated in his score card that is all i put on this post as ther is a lot to read and i have been reading this since tuesday and i am still going over this stuff some stuf i can not get my head around it and yes i understand what you are saying hear as well

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The interview is on youtube

FYI - You Tube links are not allowed due to objectionable material that tends to pop up along with the desired link.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1

damo,

I can see nothing in that article that seems to suggest that Darwin recanted as you say. I pose the same question to you that you did to me. Did you bother to go to the link I provided?

I also believe God's Word but that is not the issue at hand here.

You claim that Darwin recanted his position in Origin of Species. I showed you evidence to the contrary and went a step further to show that it doesn't matter whether he recanted or not. It doesn't prove or disprove anything.

What say you?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

First off, maybe Ben Stein ought to read the decision in Kitzmuller v. Dover in which the Republican judge found it unconstitutional to teach intelligent design in public school science classes. Reason being, is that its a religious belief and not a scientific theory. The two are not interchangeable.

Just the same, I honestly don't even think the vast majority of yall even know what Intelligent Design is. Basically, the notion holds virtually every tenant of evolution, from the age of the earth, to transitional fossils, to the evolution of man, it just basically states that hear and there (those irreducible complexities), a supernatural designer interceded. I mean come on, like literal creationists believe that. Virtually every argument that you guys trump out against evolution applies to ID as well. ID is no more in agreement with a literalist interpretation of Genesis than evolution is. In fact, arguably, while Evolution is a scientific theory that is completely independent of religious and or philosophical beliefs, ID is a new religion altogether.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

First off, maybe Ben Stein ought to read the decision in Kitzmuller v. Dover in which the Republican judge found it unconstitutional to teach intelligent design in public school science classes. Reason being, is that its a religious belief and not a scientific theory. The two are not interchangeable.

Just the same, I honestly don't even think the vast majority of yall even know what Intelligent Design is. Basically, the notion holds virtually every tenant of evolution, from the age of the earth, to transitional fossils, to the evolution of man, it just basically states that hear and there (those irreducible complexities), a supernatural designer interceded. I mean come on, like literal creationists believe that. Virtually every argument that you guys trump out against evolution applies to ID as well. ID is no more in agreement with a literalist interpretation of Genesis than evolution is. In fact, arguably, while Evolution is a scientific theory that is completely independent of religious and or philosophical beliefs, ID is a new religion altogether.

the definition of Intelligent design,

intelligent design

n. The assertion or belief that physical and biological systems observed in the universe result from purposeful design by an intelligent being rather than from chance or undirected natural processes.

Intelligent design refers to the theory that intelligent causes are responsible for the origin of the universe and of life in all its diversity

So how is that not in agreement with a literal translation of Genesis?

Chuck Missler:

The surface gravity of the earth is exactly where it needs to be. More, you have too much atmospheric pressure. Less, you don't have an atmosphere. The thickness of the crust is critical. The rotation period of the earth

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1

Forrest,

Here we go again stating that the whole Creation movement is religion and evolution is science. Since you feel that evolution is science please show me how evolution fits within the scientific method.

Based on my observation, it takes as much, if not more, faith to believe in evolution as creation.

Please clarify. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, so how about instead of everyone arguing the same things we argued a million times over, how about we talk about the film itself. :emot-highfive:

From this page on the web site:

At Big Science Academy we take our motto seriously: