JESUS IS LORD SAVIOUR GOD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Whom is Jesus to you? What do you believe about him and why?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

To me, Jesus is Lord and Savior, the begotten Son of God. He's whom I submit all of my loyalty and servitude to. Under His rulership, I'm able to learn the ways of God as He draws me closer to Him.

He is the only one I confess my sins to and He is the one who helps me overcome all of my weaknesses.

He forgives and He heals and comforts me when I'm in need of comfort. When I'm in obedience to Him and troubles still come, He shows me the game-plan of the enemy and guides me through the struggles with no anxieties. Some things "must needs be" as I walk through this life with Him. He makes the journey exciting and fun and fills it with joy, peace and His love, which spills over in abundance.

That's who Jesus is to me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

Whom is Jesus to you? What do you believe about him and why?

Seems kind of unfair in how I came to believe in Him, but there is a memory of meeting the Lord Jesus when I was little. Whethor this was one of those two times that my folks told me that I came close to death or maybe it was just a dream, but a prophetic dream at that it would have had to have been.

I was in Heaven. Loved it!!! I saw Jesus sitting down at a small pedestal which was holding a book. In it was the volume of me to do if I proceeded to continue living my life on earth. I wanted to stay, but my mother and some others were crying out for me to come back. So I looked at the book at what I was going to do if I came back. I saw my future sins and was grieved by them. I did not want to go but my mother and the others were screaming for me to come back then. My heart went out to those I love, and I was torn with grief. I told my Lord that I did not want to sin against Him nor be seperated from Him as the screams continue in the background. He said,"I will see what I can do."

Years... years later... and yes... I sinned that particular sin that was detrimental to my well being and my relationship with the Lord, but He delivered me from it and keeps me from it. I still get prophetic dreams and hints at future sins, but I trust him to be My Good Shepherd and to help me live as His friend since He has made me His friend. And yes... Jesus is God or He would not be able to help me at all. He is My Saviour and it is His righteousness that is bringing me Home as I know He will put a song on my mouth to praise Him for His faithfulness.

Greater are those that have not seen Him and believe though. I am nothing. Less than nothing as it seems with my need for the Lord to live this life as His, but I am thankful that He loves me as I am desolate, and I love Him for making me His friend by helping me to do the things He says. Great is Thy faithfulness!!! Looking forward to singing in Heaven.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Thank you so much for the replies and sharing with me here.

Oh our Sweet Jesus is surely God and surely ever near when we call upon Him.

Blessings :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The trinity can be difficult to explain and more difficult to understand (or maybe the other way around). Where people usually get mixed up is distinguishing essence and economy. Essence is who God is. Economy is what God does. God is one existing in three persons. At essence Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all absolutely equal in every way. However in economy they have very different roles. This has probably caused more confusion than clarity, but hopefully it can get us thinking in the right direction.

God Worshippers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

To me, Jesus is Lord and Savior, the begotten Son of God. He's whom I submit all of my loyalty and servitude to. Under His rulership, I'm able to learn the ways of God as He draws me closer to Him.

He is the only one I confess my sins to and He is the one who helps me overcome all of my weaknesses.

He forgives and He heals and comforts me when I'm in need of comfort. When I'm in obedience to Him and troubles still come, He shows me the game-plan of the enemy and guides me through the struggles with no anxieties. Some things "must needs be" as I walk through this life with Him. He makes the journey exciting and fun and fills it with joy, peace and His love, which spills over in abundance.

That's who Jesus is to me.

I like the way you expressed this!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

To me, Jesus is God.

He may not be the only 'aspect' of God.....since I believe in the Trinity........

But He is the 'face' of God which is the only one accessible to us mortals, for obtaining salvation.

I believe that there can be no salvation without Jesus Christ of Nazareth. All who come to God come through the sacrificial death of Jesus, His Son (whether they know it or not, initially)

I also believe that the Holy Spirit is the 'empowerment' that Jesus came by, in order to reconcile us to God. And that the Holy Spirit was given by God the Father, firstly and foremostly, through Jesus, and subsequently to all believers.

I also believe that 'God the Father' is God.

To recap:

I believe that God the Father is God.

I believe that the Holy Spirit is God.

I believe that Jesus is God.

I cannot clealy explain this in a 'rational' or 'meaningful' way, using only words and the power of my intellect.

I also believe what the Bible says, namely, that.......'whoever honours the Son, honours the Father'.....

That, in itself, is 'telling'....

Jesus claimed equality with God. And God the Father was 'well pleased with him'

God the Father WANTS us to 'honour' the Son!

Jesus is also ascribed worship and glory.....things attributed only to God.

I firmly believe that if somebody prays in the Name of Jesus, or prays to Jesus Himself......they have access to God. :thumbsup:

Praise Jesus. His is the only Name you need to know, since He came in the power and fullness of God, and with His full authourity.

"Don't you yet understand, that he who has seen me has seen the father?"

"Or don't you believe that I am in the father, and that the father is in me?"

Communicate with Jesus, and you communicate with God the Father, and with (through) God the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is God! :laugh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

from reading this i am standing with the op hear i deleeted my origonal since i cant sleep and have to be up i wil say one thing when we bring in mans doctrine when we start to force mans doctrine on others this is wear it gets very dangerous one topic was clossed on this forum and the mod asked that it would not reopen

after taking my time in reading from the very start to the second page its sounds like we have another trinity oneness thread re oppening

jesus is the head of the church not us or mans doctrine simple as that the bible is very simple to understand i nearly lost my partner in the first supper cyclones that hit the philippines they wear comming back from a staff meeting on another island 5 hr trip back to bacolod its self they wear the only christians on the ship their wear mothers their wear young kids and sevral mothers with new born babies

the very last wave that hit the ship my partner thought that was it she wil never see me and we wil never be married they wear getting ready to come home to their father they all began to pray and wear also praying for the other people on the ship as well my partner was asking jesus to give me some sign that she was praying for me as my partner said this tested not just her faith but al the other pastors as well

as they read wear jesus calmed the storm down mark 4 new international version open study bible

37 a furious squall came up and the waves broke over the boat so that it was nearly swamped

38 jesus was in the stern sleeping on a cushion the disciples woke him and said to him teacher

dont you care if we drown

39 he got up and rebuked the wind and said to the waves quiet be still then the wind died down

and it was completly calm

40 he said to his disciple why are you afraid do you stil have no faith

41 they were terified and asked each other who is this even the wind and the waves obey him

if any one has been cought in a cyclone like my partner and her team wear would you not be terified and would not your faith be stretched to the point wear you start going over what ever you have read what ever you have heard preached ?

some even say miracles do not happen today jesus does not heal people jesus does not set people free from their addictions or their sins its all in our mind this never happend the bible is made up we can not even say jesus is lord because it offends some people so we have to be very sensative when it comes to our own understanding of how we see what it says from the bibles we read about what was done on the cross for us

my partner could not belive what was done while they wear praying gods hand was on that ship as at one stage as i said when the very last big waves hit the ship this scared them and in the midle of the ocean with sharks mind you in the waters how would you feel in this situation ?

ever since i got my partners email message before the power went out and the second cyclone hit the philippines wear she shared from her heart to me as they could have all died in the midle of the sea i was up for two days standing in the gap for her as i was jolted to get out of bed as this inner voice said pray

my faith has even been streched to the point wear i am seeing that jesus stil does miracles today and i thanked him in tears as i was about to leave this forum for his prottection on my partner on the pastors under her and over the non belivers this is why i cant leave and i am sharing openly that jesus stil saves jesus hears us when we cry out openly to him

why is it when some one shares from the heart we have to almost drag old wounds up ?

to me jesus is lord over my life simple as that and i have no shame in saying jesus is lord over my life after what i have been threw with in these last couple of weeks why question what is said in the bible

is any one going to dare question me to what i have shared openly and from the heart and tel me to my face that i need to be rebuked because i put my trust in what it says in gods word and not mans doctrine ?

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic