IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Why does Vicky spell God as "G-D" instead of "God"?

I'm not being picky, I just don't understand what the difference, if any, is.

Shalom Blaze,

Welcome to Worthy!!!

The reason I write G-d is because:

#1. It is a way that I reverence the name of G-d.

#2. It is a way not to offend the unsaved Jewish people that I witness to.

My name is Vickilynn by the way. -_- I hope you enjoy being on Worthy.

Shalom Smalcald,

My name is Vickilynn. If you're going to shorten it, please called me "VL."

I have nothing else to say to you on this matter. I am deeply saddened at the way you twist the truth and attempt to twist my words. Anyone who has read my posts can see plainly that what you are saying is not at all true.

So, I'll leave it in the hands of the L-rd.

Bottom line here Brother, I observe the Sabbath AS UNTO THE L-RD, and not "unto Smalcald." If you have a problem with why and how I celebrate the Sabbath "AS UNTO THE L-RD," then I guess it's your problem. It really does not affect my walk with the L-rd except if you came to my home and were offended, rather than cause you to stumble, I would not observe the Sabbath in your presence.

Other than that, you think you have the right to judge someone else's observance UNTO THE L-RD and you are very mistaken.

Also, I have not ever gone "ballistic." You'll know it when it happens and it ain't happened yet. I'm sorry, but you are mistaken.

I'll leave you with Romans 14. I encourage you to really read about judging someone else for their observance of the day AS UNTO THE L-RD. Perhaps it will help you in the future.

Shalom to you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I understand now. Thank you for the clarification Vickilynn, it's very much appreciated.

God bless you & yours.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Shalom Smalcald,

My name is Vickilynn. If you're going to shorten it, please called me "VL."

I have nothing else to say to you on this matter. I am deeply saddened at the way you twist the truth and attempt to twist my words. Anyone who has read my posts can see plainly that what you are saying is not at all true.

So, I'll leave it in the hands of the L-rd.

Bottom line here Brother, I observe the Sabbath AS UNTO THE L-Rd, and not "unto Smalcald." If you have a problem with why and how I celebrate the Sabbath "AS UNTO THE L-RD", then I guess it's your problem. It really does not affect my walk with the L-rd except if you came to my home and were offended, rather than cause you to stumble, I would not observe the Sabbath in your presence.

Other than that, you think you have the right to judge someone else's observance UNTO THE L-RD and you are very mistaken.

Also, I have not ever gone "ballistic." You'll know it when it happens and it ain't happened yet. I'm sorry, but you are mistaken.

I'll leave you with Romans 14. I encourage you to really read about judging someone else for their observance of the day AS UNTO THE L-RD. Perhaps it will help you in the future.

Shalom to you.

Okay go to the personal attacks when you can't defend your position. So now you are saying I twist the truth? Yes I encourage people to read the posts. Maybe I have not been clear many times I am not. But I think you expect me to be quite about this and when I don't you storm out calling me personal insults. My point is follow the fourth commandment or not, there is no mystery about how to keep the Sabbath it is all right there in Exodus. It is not my way; it is the way the commandments are written in scripture. You claim you observe the Sabbath as onto the Lord, what does that even mean, and where is it in scripture? The Lord tells us how to do a Sabbath observance, it is NOT in Genesis that is for certain as no mention of observing a Sabbath is even in Genesis.

I am not telling you what to do with the Sabbath I am pointing out what scripture says, and somehow this causes you great consternation. What does the Fourth Commandment say about how to observe and keep the Sabbath? Why is it wrong for me to point that out?

The fact is I have stuck to the topic at hand to the subject at hand, when you are unable to defend your position you launch into personal attacks, saying I have sinned, saying what I have said is not true. Maybe I am wrong on this matter? I am wrong on a bunch of things, but that is different from twisting the truth etc. But I don't think I am wrong about observing the Sabbath as I am simply quoting Exodus. But I don

I understand now. Thank you for the clarification Vickilynn, it's very much appreciated.

God bless you & yours.

Shalom BlazeEagle,

You are welcome and blessings back to you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

A person i have been having some conversations with told me i was not a true Christian because i worship on Sundays and Wensdays. To tell the truth I worship Him everyday. But this guy is very persist and said we should worship on Saturdays because God made that day holy PLEASE help me out :whistling::thumbsup: yours in Christ joe JHN3:30

Shalom Brother and welcome to Worthy!

First off, your friend is incorrect. One's salvation is not determined by what day they attend church. That teaching is a false teaching and not found in the Bible. That is a sign of a cult, BTW, that our salvation is based upon outward works.

But, there is a lot to know about the Sabbath, so let's look at it.

Yes, the Sabbath day (which is Friday night at sundown to Saturday night at sundown) IS a holy day, decreed by G-d.

Genesis 2: 1-3

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. 3 So God blessed the 4seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

So, you see, the 7th day (which is Friday night to Saturday night) IS the Sabbath and it IS holy. It has never been changed by G-d, so the Sabbath remains as the Sabbath and it is holy. The Scriptures are indisputable. Anyone who says otherwise is not correctly reading Scripture.

However, what man decrees as HOW to observe the Sabbath is where we run into problems in the church. Your friend is not correct in the assertion that ONLY Saturday church is acceptable. That is not what it says plainly in the New Testament.

We need to examine Scripturally this whole Sabbath issue and separate the questions and the arguments from the incorrect assumptions, for there is some confusion in the church as to what this is all about.

First off, the Sabbath was given AT CREATION and people who tell you it is the Law and was "only given to the Jews" are not understanding the truth of the issue. You see, the Creation came before the Law of Moses. Also, as it says in Galatians, if Gentiles (non-Jews) belong to Messiah Jesus, they are the sons of Abraham.

Galatians 3: 29 And if you are Christ

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Another interesting point that seems to be missed.

The 7th day Sabbath is God's Holy day made for mankind at creation. Now who was it that created? It was the Word, Jesus. Thus it is His Holy Day also. Jesus Himself says that He created it for mankind Thus it is for whoever is part of mankind. It has always been such.

Isa 58:13 If you turn away your foot from the sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day (Whose Holy Day? It is His Holy Day, made for all mankind, not the Jews); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shall honor him (it is to honor Him), not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words:

58:14 Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.

The Ten Commandments are the Law of God, written by His own finger, and placed in the ark, under the mercy seat where He dispensed forgiveness for sin, the breaking of those commandments. The Law of Moses was written by Moses, and placed in a pocket outside the Ark. Moses recorded the giving of the Ten Commandments in His writings, but only as part of the historical fact that God gave them and God's instructions regarding the. But only certain parts of the Law of Moses were changed, those haveing to do with the Sacrificial system. You can read of this change in Hebrews.

Here is what Paul told Timothy about the Law of Moses:

2ti 2:3 therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who has chosen him to be a soldier.

2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries (as a Soldier of Jesus), yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

2ti 3:14 But continue in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing of whom you have learned them;

3:15 And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

3:16 All scripture (this Scripture was the Old Testament, the Law of Moses and the Prophets, there was no New Testament at this time)is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

So here we have Paul, who many accuse of doing away with the Law of Moses, instructing Timothy that the Law and the prohpets are to be used for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness. This is how the Jewish and Gentile converts would become thoroughly furnished in all good works for as Paul says there is no difference between then in Christ. Paul himself until his death, continued to keep the Sabbath and instructed the Gentile converts to do the same. This is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in the book of Acts which I demonstrated in an earlier post.

In fact history documents that Sunday observance did not begin until the late 2nd century, and that only in Rome until the time of Constantine. It was borrowed from the Roman Pagans in order to build up the Roman church so she could usurp power over all professing christians as the 'holy (unholy) roman empire'.

Now as to the Ten Commandments, why did God write them down? Paul tells us that also:

Ga 3:19 Why the law? It was added (written by the finger of God) because of transgressions (what transgressions? If the law had not existed prior to this, there could have been no transgressions prior to this. God now writes His Law, which has always existed, on tables of stone to identify that which has been sin from the beginning), till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

The Law could not give then life, for it condemned to death. They were under the condemnation of the law for they had not kept it. Life had to come through Jesus. In the New Covenant He writes God's laws in the heart of the believer. The believer now keeps God's laws because He loves God, not because the law threatens him with death. He is no longer under the condemnation of the law anymore for he loves it.

Here is Paul again:

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh (by breaking God's commandments), but after the Spirit.

8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and (condemnation of) death.

8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit (that same spirit that writes the law of God in the heart of all believers).

8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8:8 So then they that are in the flesh (not subject of the Law of God) cannot please God.

8:9 But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you (who writes the law in your heart so you can be subject to His law). Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Those who say that the Law of Moses was done away with are saying that the Old testament was done away with which is in complete contradiction with what Paul told Timothy, and also in complete contradiction with the words of Jesus. Paul was no Hypocrite. He knew that the only way to get out from under the condemnation of the law, was to have it written in the heart so that one would be subject to it, or to have the Holy Spirit give us a love for the law of God, not just in the 'thou shalt nots', but in the pro-active doing of righteousness and holiness, living the Christ like life here and now on planet earth.

I have a hard time understanding those who say we don't need to keep the law of God, and then argue that there is no direct command in the New Testament to do so. If there were, you would be back under law. The Christian needs no law with its threatening of death to do God's will, for He loves God with all his heart, mind, soul and strength and thus loves his word and will, and then loves his neighbor as himself, and the keeping of all the law and prophets hang or depend on this.

God bless,

Dennis

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103

Wow, what distortions and misinterpretations. The Sabbath is NEVER commanded outside of the Sinai Covenant. NO WHERE in scripture!!! Not BEFORE the Exodus or AFTER the Resurrection!!! The FIRST Sabbath command is given in the Exodus, NOT BEFORE, and the complete Sinai Covenant is fulfilled and completed with the crucifixion and resurrection. The early church went to Synagogue on the sabbath simply because they were Jews and it was custom, but soon moved from that due to persecutions and other conflicts. The Gentile Christians also attended Sabbath in the Synagogue (at the early stages of the Churches life) simply because that's when the Jewish Christians were meeting. The change AWAY from Sabbath happened very soon after the Resurrection. There is NO evidence that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob or any of his sons ever kept sabbath (or were commanded to) (NOR Adam, Eve, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Melchisidek or any other patriach) That is the misinterpretation of men, legalistic men with agendas of control mostly. The Sinai Covenant (INCLUDING the 10 Commandments) had 3 purposes; To show what sin is (in a shadowy, incomplete way), to show that it is impossible for humans to keep God's Law on their own (even the simplified version given at Sinai) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY to prepare the way for Jesus. The ENTIRE Old Covenant was Fulfilled COMPLETELY by Jesus and ended with his death and Resurrection (and the subsequent destruction of the Temple as the final act) Any other interpretation is UNSCRIPTURAL.

The Covenant and promises you mention about Abraham have very little to do with the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments or the Sinai Covenant. Those promises concerned JESUS and his redemptive work.

I notice in your signature you quote Matthew 5:3-16....

Take a look at the next 3 verses 17-19

Matthew5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT AN IOTA, NOT A DOT, WILL PASS FROM THE LAW UNTIL ALL IS ACCOMPLISHED. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

What Law was Yeshua refering to do you think?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  123

Wow, what distortions and misinterpretations. The Sabbath is NEVER commanded outside of the Sinai Covenant. NO WHERE in scripture!!! Not BEFORE the Exodus or AFTER the Resurrection!!! The FIRST Sabbath command is given in the Exodus, NOT BEFORE, and the complete Sinai Covenant is fulfilled and completed with the crucifixion and resurrection. The early church went to Synagogue on the sabbath simply because they were Jews and it was custom, but soon moved from that due to persecutions and other conflicts. The Gentile Christians also attended Sabbath in the Synagogue (at the early stages of the Churches life) simply because that's when the Jewish Christians were meeting. The change AWAY from Sabbath happened very soon after the Resurrection. There is NO evidence that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob or any of his sons ever kept sabbath (or were commanded to) (NOR Adam, Eve, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Melchisidek or any other patriach) That is the misinterpretation of men, legalistic men with agendas of control mostly. The Sinai Covenant (INCLUDING the 10 Commandments) had 3 purposes; To show what sin is (in a shadowy, incomplete way), to show that it is impossible for humans to keep God's Law on their own (even the simplified version given at Sinai) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY to prepare the way for Jesus. The ENTIRE Old Covenant was Fulfilled COMPLETELY by Jesus and ended with his death and Resurrection (and the subsequent destruction of the Temple as the final act) Any other interpretation is UNSCRIPTURAL.

The Covenant and promises you mention about Abraham have very little to do with the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments or the Sinai Covenant. Those promises concerned JESUS and his redemptive work.

I notice in your signature you quote Matthew 5:3-16....

Take a look at the next 3 verses 17-19

Matthew5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT AN IOTA, NOT A DOT, WILL PASS FROM THE LAW UNTIL ALL IS ACCOMPLISHED. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

What Law was Yeshua refering to do you think?

He was talking about the Sinai Covenant, which He was born under and lived under AND FULFILLED COMPLETELY by His Perfect Life, His Death on the Cross and His Resurrection. If that were not so, you would still be wearing blue tassels on your clothing (except you wouldn't unless you became a citizen of Israel), you would still go to the Temple, the Levites would still be your High Priests (instead of Jesus) and ALL of the other Rules/Rituals and Ordinances of the Sinai Covenant would still be in full effect. People need to quit misapplying and misinterpretting that passage to push through their Law Keeping Agenda. Paul plainly says that if you put yourself under the Law you are under the WHOLE LAW, and it's also stated that if you are under the Law and Break EVEN ONE of the commands there, you break ALL OF THEM, so if you insist on keeping the 10, you'd better review the Torah to find out what the rest of the Law is so you can keep it PERFECTLY too. Oh wait, it's too late, you've already broken it somewhere along the way........

We are under GRACE, and while Jesus did give NEW COMMANDMENTS (almost all related to LOVE ONE ANOTHER, LOVE GOD, LOVE YOUR ENEMY, etc), we are saved, sanctified and completed by JESUS ATTONING WORK, not by ANYTHING we do. But that is outside the scope of the OP, the Sabbath was a Sinai Covenant command ONLY, it did NOT exist as a Command BEFORE or AFTER the Old Covenant Period.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

A person i have been having some conversations with told me i was not a true Christian because i worship on Sundays and Wensdays. To tell the truth I worship Him everyday. But this guy is very persist and said we should worship on Saturdays because God made that day holy PLEASE help me out :emot-questioned::noidea: yours in Christ joe JHN3:30

Everyday is a nice day to worship, and even to do so at church. Saturday is a nice day to worship too. To be honest, if I follow John III. 30 in the Geneva Bible, "He muft increafe, but I muft decreafe", I might find it a wee bit difficult to only worship on the one day; and while I agree that God created the seventh day special while resting on it also ("For in the feuenth day God ended his worke which hee had made , and the feuenth day hee refted from all his worke,which he had made. So God bleffed the feuenth day, and fanctified it , becaufe that in it he had refted from all his worke,which God created and made." - Genefis II. 2,3), it's rather difficult to know just exactly when that day corresponds in our present calculations - i.e. even God didn't specify the minutae involved in making such determinations. I'm not one to authoritatively assert that it is definately not from sundown to sundown Jerusalem time on our present day of Saturn (Saturday), but I have great doubt that it does so year to year and generation to generation in some miraculous way, especially given the times in our history when God seems to have somewhat made time stand still (at least in whatever calculations of such God specified at Creation). Sure, one might claim the Church (or maybe just Peter) has authority to determine such things ("...whatfoeuer thou fhalt bind vpon earth,fhallbe bound in heauen..." - S.Matt. XVI.19), but then we might need to not only decide which day is the seventh but whether or not a particular gathering of Christians (or just the one - Peter) is authoritatively representative of the whole on a continual basis for any and all needs in calculating the minutae of determining the seventh day.

:emot-hug: