• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

This nation sure has come a long way....middle school, 6th thru 8th grades.....11 to 13 year olds.

I'm going to be honest about something....when i was that age me and my friends had a hard time trying to find a secluded spot to try out our first cigarette, but then again, we all had stay at home moms and they all watched the neighborhood better than any police force.

According to most of the talk shows( laura Ingram) teen pregnancy and sex in general is on the downslide. So why would these folks encourage such a thing. Are they dismayed at the current trend and trying to fuel the fire.

They should have taken all the money it's going to take to run such an operation and bought a few basketballs or soccer balls or maybe started a glee club............wait a minute, what was I thinking, these things are just to old fashioned and require adult supervision, which the state of maine seems to be lacking.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Let me sum this up...attack on American Families!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Yes it is crazy indeed.

But make no mistake this is part of a concerted effort by the birth control industry, Planned Parenthood, AIDS activists, the gay lobby and other "progressive" thinkers to change our nation, to remove any concept of sexual morality and any sense of what a family means. Part of the way to do that is to encourage sexual activity among young teenagers and children. To teach that sex is a value neutral decision that kids from puberty on can make with no consequences as long as you wear a condom and are on birth control everything is fine. It is essentially a rape of their childhood.

If you notice when they talk about sex it is always things like well we want to encourage "safe" sex among our teens, and of course never mention marriage. Marriage is a bad bigoted thing while condoms and chemical birth control are a good thing.

Do kids in middle school have sex? Yes some do (a very small percentage of kids in the 6th-8th grade have sex thank the Lord), but some do, but some also use crack; some also steal and rape. Just because we have some kids doing extreme things does not mean that we give up on the entire generation.

Also by encouraging sex for middle school kids you are actually encouraging molestation and child abuse. Many times when kids in middle school are pregnant they have been molested by an older person. If a twelve year old is told by her middle school that sex is find as long as you wear a condom, well when the 25 year old creep says the same thing as your school is, who are you to argue?

Christian nation? If this is a Christian nation well.......

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

Have we lost our minds????

What is happening in this nation!!!

Yeah, what she said! Good grief! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

I just stared blankly at the TV when Fox News was talking about this today. Have they lost their minds? Sometimes I just get sick to my stomach thinking about the world I am raising my 2 daughters in. All I could do was pray, "Jesus, Jesus". It is all that could come out of my mouth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to US News

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Yes it is crazy indeed.

But make no mistake this is part of a concerted effort by the birth control industry, Planned Parenthood, AIDS activists, the gay lobby and other "progressive" thinkers to change our nation, to remove any concept of sexual morality and any sense of what a family means. Part of the way to do that is to encourage sexual activity among young teenagers and children. To teach that sex is a value neutral decision that kids from puberty on can make with no consequences as long as you wear a condom and are on birth control everything is fine. It is essentially a rape of their childhood.

If you notice when they talk about sex it is always things like well we want to encourage "safe" sex among our teens, and of course never mention marriage. Marriage is a bad bigoted thing while condoms and chemical birth control are a good thing.

Do kids in middle school have sex? Yes some do (a very small percentage of kids in the 6th-8th grade have sex thank the Lord), but some do, but some also use crack; some also steal and rape. Just because we have some kids doing extreme things does not mean that we give up on the entire generation.

Also by encouraging sex for middle school kids you are actually encouraging molestation and child abuse. Many times when kids in middle school are pregnant they have been molested by an older person. If a twelve year old is told by her middle school that sex is find as long as you wear a condom, well when the 25 year old creep says the same thing as your school is, who are you to argue?

Christian nation? If this is a Christian nation well.......

I would have to say...there's not much we don't agree on.

It was on the television this morning, should we make birth control readily available, or not? Should these junior high kids have open access to it or not? Is abstinence education better than "comprehensive" Sex education?

Who are we kidding. Ok, yeah, there are plenty of studies have come out showing that the abstinence ed programs have a bit of a failure rate, but I can give you many studies that show the opposite. Does it work? Of course it works. It may not convince everyone, but at least were teaching the right stuff.

A lady for the "comprehensive side" on tv this morning said that abstinence programs lie about STD's and that no drug program would ever do that. The abstinence programs I have seen do not lie, and in fact they quote the CDC and the FDA in talking about STD's, like...the evidence for the condom protection against STD's in women only works for HIV and AIDS...

But I digress. Let's use the (weak, I might add, but she started it) drug analogy. Pretend the D.A.R.E rep said to a bunch of kids, "We don't want you to smoke weed or crack, but we know that you are probably going to do so anyway because kids don't listen. So, please, if you're going to smoke weed, use this complimentary bong paid for by tax dollars and smoke the crack through these complimentary sterilized glass tubes, also paid for by tax dollars. This way, the high won't be so damaging to you because the government has checked these particular bongs and these particular crack vials."

So what the comprehensive side says, even for middle schoolers, is "We don't want you to have sex, but we know you don't listen so PLEASE wear these complimentary condoms and use these (*cough ABORTIFACIENT *cough) pills to keep you from the HORRIBLE curse of pregnancy (one of the pragmatic results of sex, by the way) and will prevent the spread of STD's...but only some of the time.

Who's really being deceived here? Government is best that governs least.

• Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

That's an excellent illustration regarding the drug analogy. Just because kids are going to do something that isn't in their best interest doesn't mean we should help them with it. We might as well teach kids how to be bullies or crinmals. Nobody in their right mind would consider doing that, so we shouldn't be passing out birth control to middle (or high) school kids.