• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1971

When I was younger, I would often have dreams that would come to pass. This started at the age of 4 according to my ( unsaved) parents. This continued till I hit my teens. When the Lord called me 7 years ago the dreams returned. Now you would think that this would not surprise me, however, for the past 5 days everything I dream comes to pass. Nothing major...An example of this is :

In a dream, I was in a strange place speaking with a man I had never met. He asked me if I needed help, and his name was ____ if I needed anything let him know. Well, on the way back from a job site I stopped in a gas station ( looking for a different path home ) and sure enough...just like the dream...a man came up asked if I needed help, gave the same name, and told me to let him know if I needed anything. I have never been to this gas station ! I walked to my car...dazed.

My question is this : what is happening to me ? Does G-d still speak through dreams ? Can this be the work of the evil one ?

Thank you for any imput !

:thumbsup:

Julia

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I don't know if its from God or the Evil one.. but I do have the same thing as you. When I was younger, really young. I asked the Lord our Heavenly Father to show me my whole life and he did in a Dream. Now whenever a key event happens in my life I remember it from the dream. This has been happening for years now. It would happen in much the same way you would describe expect I've seen everything already in one dream.

I knew really key events. Like I would hurt my knees or I would nearly get hit by a car, or I would die at an early age. All of these things happened.. My knees got hurt when I was in a cultural dance troupe. I nearly got hit by a truck in our old neighborhood. And I spiritually died this year to my sins.. your dreams seem more details however... maybe its the gift of prophecy? Why not ask God to show u in a dream if it really is or not?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

This is very interesting! I believe that God can speak to us, and through us, in any way that He so choose.

"But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:" Acts 2:16-18

Peter spoke this words to explain to the scoffers the effect of the Holy Spirit descending on the Day of Pentacost. My suggestion is that you pray about this to be sure that it is of the Lord.

<>< ><>

Nathele

TrustingJesus thank you for that qoute :th_praying:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/1971

Why not ask God to show u in a dream if it really is or not?

I asked G-d but not by means of a dream...interesting. I will do that ! Thank you

Love in Christ Jesus,

Julia

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

I wouldn't be concerned about your dreams Julia. I would just ask god for some direction. In our church persons often dream and submit the dreams to leadership. We often here of dreams lining up with events or incidents in church. My wife dreams as well. Once she was spending the weekend with her unsaved sister, while I was out of town. They slept together in our bed and in the morning Linda shared the dream she had had with her sister. In the dream they were both on top of a hill that had tree stumps all down the side, left over from clear cut logging. Anyway like kids do, Linda rolled down the hill and missed all the stumps and standing up at the bottom she shouted to her sister "see just follow me and you won't get hurt". As Linda spoke the words to her sister she got the meaning of the dream. If her sister would follow Linda's lead in life (becoming christian, following jesus) then she wouldn't get hurt, as has been the case in her sisters life.

Her sister turned white as the story was told because she had had the same dream while she slept.

Satan is almost certainly not giving the dreams but to be sure just ask god to block any of satan's attempts and or make it clear if he trys to. The bible says your young men will see visions your old men will dream dreams (something like that). Anyway be blessed by it and ask god to reveal the meanings, if there are any.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

There is a process that God does to some people, where He gives them specific dreams with information that really doesn't seam to matter, but the dreams come to pass never the less, and the intention of the Lord is to get you focused on Him, listening more intently to Him, and trusting that He can and is dealing with you in a personal manner. (helps your faith)

Let God do by His Spirit what no man can do. God will teach you and train you as He pleases for whatever work He has for you.

An example from the past was that many Christians were prepared by God through dreams to be ready to help the Jews during the Nazi era in Germany, and many built secret rooms, stored food and clothes, and assisted in hiding many, saving many lives. God does have things for each of us to do in our lifetime, and in some cases we need information from God that will not flow through other humans.

Consider leaving a pad and pen by your bed, and writing down the dreams as soon as you wake, later going back and rechecking what was wrote and considering what happened. Be blessed.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I wouldn't be concerned about your dreams Julia. I would just ask god for some direction. In our church persons often dream and submit the dreams to leadership. We often here of dreams lining up with events or incidents in church. My wife dreams as well. Once she was spending the weekend with her unsaved sister, while I was out of town. They slept together in our bed and in the morning Linda shared the dream she had had with her sister. In the dream they were both on top of a hill that had tree stumps all down the side, left over from clear cut logging. Anyway like kids do, Linda rolled down the hill and missed all the stumps and standing up at the bottom she shouted to her sister "see just follow me and you won't get hurt". As Linda spoke the words to her sister she got the meaning of the dream. If her sister would follow Linda's lead in life (becoming christian, following jesus) then she wouldn't get hurt, as has been the case in her sisters life.

Her sister turned white as the story was told because she had had the same dream while she slept.

Satan is almost certainly not giving the dreams but to be sure just ask god to block any of satan's attempts and or make it clear if he trys to. The bible says your young men will see visions your old men will dream dreams (something like that). Anyway be blessed by it and ask god to reveal the meanings, if there are any.

Julia.., Hello there...

Every person born has been given gifts and talents whether they are aware or not. Some of these gifts are used by satan and some by God through the power of the Holy Spirit, it all depends om who you are serving.

I have had the same thing happen to me when I came to know Jesus Christ as Lord.

1. the question is does it Glorify the Lord Jesus?

2. Is it bringing someone to the saving knowledge of Christ?

3. Does it witness to the Spirit of God within you?

I needed to denounce any occultic practices with me and my family that may have come down through generational lines in the Name of Jesus by the power of the Blood.

Then I asked the lord jesus to only show me what comes from him and filter out what was not coming from him. Asking for wisdom and discernment.

There are dreams that come from Jesus.

Dreams that occur because of things in our life. Ex; something you heard see or felt or past things.

Dreams that are demonic in origin leaving confusion, fear amongst other things.

When you have a dream you believe comes from Our Lord Jesus you need to ask Him about it.

Sometimes he will give us dreams about someone just to pray for them in our private time.

I hope this helps you.

Either way Jesus will help you to understand. He says if any of you lack wisdom to ask and He will give to you. Ask in His name. Knowledge and wisdom go together and one without the other is for naught.

sincerely patricia1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

i sort of can relate to this as i know god can speak to us threw dreams or when things are going very bad

i have been talking with my half sister as we grew up in a violent home and often i was the one who would get the full abuse and the bashings by my father and i think god was hearing me when i would often say are you real lord do you see what i am having to deal with

my half sister told me one night wear we were living in cabbrammatta australia two angels appeard next to my bed i was in pain as i just got beaten bad by my father and i could not lie on my back she woke up and screamed which woke me up as we had the one room to our selves and she said she saw these two angels one at the end of my bed and one near the head of my bed and she said its as if they wear prottecting you as one had their hand on your head but i did not feel a thing as i went into a deep sleep after crying my self to sleep

and as i got older i would hear my name being called out and at times i would feel peace full as if some one was in the room with me as i have been on my own for a long time and the only comfort i had was the spare pillow as most kids have tedy bears or a security blanket to cling too

i have had dreams wear i see my self in a church i am not aware of or the people but i am in the midle worshiping and i stil remember this song as i woke up and wrote the words let your fire fall on me lord let your spirit move threw me lord and we would sing the same words over and over for some strange reason and the people would stop and pray for me and i would fall down crying

when i was running away from the lord i was in my dreams reminded of the messeges i heard and the bible passages i had read as i went into the darkest areas in my town to try to run from god yet in those areas i ran to he even got to me even when i would take a shot of herroin i would have a face appear from out the blue like my pastors face or those i knew in my old church

i am still even having these dreams know wear i see my self in a country talking to people and its only happend last year 2006 as its 2007 know

so this is what has happend to me in my dreams that i have been having

Hey Damo1 you reminded me of something.. when I was little around 10-11 I used to hear my voices being called out too just in the middle of the day. And it sounded like my mother, sometimes my mom would be just around the corner from me and I would hear it so clearly. So I asked her, "you called me?" and she would say no i didn't and this went on for a while. Kind of like Samuel's Story in the cave.. anyway, we went to the ER one day and had some medical checks on my hearing because I used to hear it so much. But my hearing was perfectly fine!

Its so funny remembering it now how far away I was from God to not even recognize him like that. I remember at the time feeling a little scared because I heard these voices and I didn't know who they were. I saw many many visions as kid.. I also remember one day I saw this TV show were someone was saying they weren't scared of death and I went about saying that all day. But in the middle of the night at that time, I saw at the foot of my bed, the Angle of Death himself and I never said that again.... creepy!