• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to tsth i read what you left for me to read i notice in the questions you asked i would say yes but i would also say i know of other parents that are diffrent on the questions you left for me to look over when i replied to your topic i was speaking for my self and how i began to look at david and paul and started asking the holy spirit to help me be more open like these guys wear

see tsth i am i a difficult situation when it comes to what you have asked i do speak the truth of gods word to my 11 yr old boy but their is so much he can take in tsth he lives with his mother and i get my son over the school holidays so when i have him to my self i am able to ask him what has been going on how is his walk in the lord and do you get any time alone to read your bible with out your mother on your back asking you to get stuck into home work they will go to church once every 3months so he has to do what his mother tels him she wil not allow him to go to sunday school or to the youth group as their is one church that is close by to wear they live she tells him while he is under her care and living under her roof he has to abide by her rules but she knows when ethan is with me she does not step in or tell me what i am too do with my own son while he is with me i take him to church i take him to the youth center with me and we just try to catch up with each other and i do also pray with him

my x wife use to be a jahova wittness tsth she was hurting when i met her as her best friend in school wear she was living took my new wife in when she was very young as my partner was kicked out of home told not to have any contac with her mother and to this day she is still avoiding church or is not willing to commit to a church

so i hope you can also see wear i am coming from as a father and as a christian i belive in gods word but their is also having to aply this in the real world and learning how to deal with the flesh when the flesh reminds you of your past habbits i hold gods word very close to my heart but i do not how do i say it step on know ones toes as i work with a lot of people who mock what i belive in and constantly give me a hard time over what i belive in and are always trying to trip me up and as a christian i pray for at least 1 hr or 2hrs i get up early as i know what the day ia going to be like and what is going to be thrown in my face i am around people who curse jesus in vain who come up with new jokes i am always being sworn at instead of spoken to like a human and i have to take it all in and try not to let my anger get the best of me as their have been times i wanted to lash out but if i lash out at the ones i work with this wil do no one any good now i have people saying sorry with out me saying a thing

so i hope i have been able to explaine the way i am in the scripture passages you left me and the question you asked

those verses you left for me i have these verses highlighted in yellow and blue

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Galatians 4:16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Why?

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that what it does is evil.

John 15: 18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

The Truth Project

Tour 1

Veritology: What is truth?

Why did Jesus come into the world? Jn. 18:34-38

Jn. 1:17

Jn. 17:17

Jn. 4:24

Jn. 8:32

What takes us captive? Jn. 14:16-17

Jn. 16:13

1 Tim. 2:3-4

Eph. 6:14

The Prophet

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The Truth Project

Tour 1

Veritology: What is truth?

Why did Jesus come into the world? Jn. 18:34-38

Jn. 1:17

Jn. 17:17

Jn. 4:24

Jn. 8:32

What takes us captive? Jn. 14:16-17

Jn. 16:13

1 Tim. 2:3-4

Eph. 6:14

The Prophet

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

You certainly don't need a lot of scripture to emblaze the truth

No idea what you mean by this statement :)

Dear Cardcaptor,

I completely agree. Thank you for posting on this. :whistling:

I only want to post this passage again:

John 17:17

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

It's interesting to read the specifics in this as well, because there's a portion that many of us know by heart (vs. 16) but the part I bolded, I just had not really focused on. I had always just remembered the other parts:

2 Timothy 3:14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

God Bless you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

It's interesting to, that this TRUTH, also begins to bring divisions as well, and we find this difficult to accept. Especially amidst a culture that is telling us we must ALL agree:

Matthew 10:32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. 34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-- 36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' 37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Luke 12:51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

These divisions started with the very FIRST brothers:

1John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. 11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous. 13 Do not be surprised, my brothers, if the world hates you.

John 15: 18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

1 John 4: 4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It's interesting to, that this TRUTH, also begins to bring divisions as well, and we find this difficult to accept. Especially amidst a culture that is telling us we must ALL agree:

Matthew 10:32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. 34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-- 36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' 37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Luke 12:51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

These divisions started with the very FIRST brothers:

1John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. 11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous. 13 Do not be surprised, my brothers, if the world hates you.

1 John 4: 4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Divisions I agree with, very much, Christ came to set a fire, and what if it is already kindled? Deciet is never labeled as such, but often times will not reprove all forms of sin, particually malicousness and the worship of idols. Let's use reformation fire, to get out the message, from the mountain it came, so that ye might turn from your wickedness. Realize that the gospel of Christ is power onto salvation to all that believeth, but many donnot believe it, neither can. Only God can make a man just and holy, these are out set to their own righteousness and not God's

Ephesians 4 (Tyndale N.T 1526) 4:29

Let no filthy communication proceed out of your mouths: but that which is good to edify withal, when need is: that it may have favour with the hearers.

4:30

And grieve not the holy spirit of God, by whom ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

4:31

Let all bitterness, fierceness and wrath, roaring and cursed speaking, be put away from you, with all maliciousness.

4:32

Be ye courteous one to another, be{and} merciful forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's{Christes} sake forgave you.

Matthew 18 :7

Woe be unto the world because of evil occasions. It is necessary that evil occasions be given, nevertheless woe be to that man, by whom evil occasion cometh.

18:8

Wherefore if thy hand, or thy foot, give thee an occasion of evil: cut him off, and cast him from thee. It is better for thee to enter in to life halt or maimed, rather than thou shouldest having two hands or two feet, be cast in to everlasting fire.

Oh Cardcaptor,

Your post brought tears to my eyes, and great stirrings to my heart!!!! I just absolutely rejoice in your post of encouragement, and unity.

Thank you Lord Jesus.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Scripture, from cover to cover, contrasts the physical and the spiritual. The flesh and the Spirit. It contrasts the nature of man and the nature of God. It contrasts the seen and the unseen. It contrasts that which is apprehended by the intellect and that which can only be revealed by the Spirit.

Now man in his