• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

There are several covenants mentioned in Scripture, however the blood covenant seems to be the king of the hill of all covenants. So what, specifically, is a blood covenant?

What is it's true meaning?

What are it's obligations?

How is it carried out?

What's it's impact on relationships between the covenant partners and any of their descendants?

How are the covenant partners themselves affected by the blood covenant?

What is it's true meaning to a born-again Christian?

Inquiring minds wish to know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

A covenant in the Bible is usually between God and His people. Many of the covenants involved blood. In the Garden when Adam and Eve were evicted after their sin, God sacrificed an animal to cover their sin. The covenant of circumcision with Abraham involved blood. The Passover involves the shed blood of a lamb, and it was the blood on the doorposts that saved the Israelites from death.

When God gave the Law to Moses and he built the tabernacle, blood had to be sprinkled as part of the sacrifice.

But none of the sacrifices could take away sin. Only the blood of God Himself could wash away sin permenantly.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

The most interesting blood covenant is the marriage covenant. It is supposed to be a blood covenant. However, most people now enter into blood covenant with a person they are not married to, nor will ever be married to. That is messed up. Many are in blood covenant with someone they are not even married to, and are not in blood covenant with the person they are married to. Not the way God intended it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

i knew the bible blood covenant as he did this with abraham

gods covenant with abraham

Genesis 15

after this the word of the lord came to abraham in a vision

do not be afraid abraham i am your shield your very great

reward

then their was the one that i had to renounce and repent of as i made a pac covenant with two guys who i grew up with by using a knife and alowing our blood mix and we said a pledge brothers for life

then their is this also what is a covenant

a covanent is a legally binding agreement formal or in formal between two or more partys often written ans signed but i did my by signing this with blood instead of on a peace of paper

also covenants can be between god and man or man and man and even the devil him self how many times have you heard this saying satan i wil do anything for you if you help me out of this mess i wil even give you my soul and you would have heard this one as i heard it often in the prison i was in jesus help me if you help me i promise i wil be a good person when i get out and do good for my comunity i live in if you get me out of this mess

then their is this constructive covenants result in our living according to the principals of gods word benifts include a life of righteousness joy peace provison and blessings

destructive covenants include or made with the devil or any of his strong men are established by sin iniquity and rebelion

their also is a covenant of death as wel and the devil wil not play fair he wil take what ever is given to him no matter how old you are this happend with a best friend of mine he was found dead in a motel room with a needle stil left in his arm he left behind a wife and no kids and he went threw william booth while i was nearly finishing my recovery program and he said he made a pledge to the devil a long time a go to me

isaiah 28

16 therfore hear the word of the lord

you beast we have enterd into a covenant with death

with the grace we have made an agreement

when an overflowing scourge sweeps by

it cannot not touch us

for we have made a lie our refuge

and false hood our hidding place

peace from damo

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Each Biblical covenant added to the previous one - not replacing.

FATHER - SON - HOLY GHOST

Blood Covenant

Father

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Romans 3:24-25

Son

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Revelation 1:5

Spirit

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1 John 5:5-6

Oh How I Love Jesus

:mgfrog:

Blood Covenant

The Father

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

The Son

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2

The Holy Spirit

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;
John 16:8-9

:noidea:

Blood Covenant

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Hebrews 9:22

NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD

Words & Music by Robert Lowry, 1826-1899

VERSE 1

What can wash away my sin?

Nothing but the blood of Jesus;

What can make me whole again?

Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

CHORUS

Oh! precious is the flow

That makes me white as snow;

No other fount I know,

VERSE 2

For my pardon, this I see,

For my cleansing this my plea,

CHORUS

O, precious is th flow

That makes me white as snow

No other fount, I know

Nothin' but th blood of Jesus

VERSE 3

Nothing can for sin atone,

Naught of good that I have done,

CHORUS

O, precious is th flow

No other fount, I know

VERSE 4

This is all my hope and peace,

This is all my righteousness,

CHORUS

O, precious is th flow

No other fount, I know

VERSE 5

Now by this I

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

The most interesting blood covenant is the marriage covenant. It is supposed to be a blood covenant. However, most people now enter into blood covenant with a person they are not married to, nor will ever be married to. That is messed up. Many are in blood covenant with someone they are not even married to, and are not in blood covenant with the person they are married to. Not the way God intended it.

Actually, scripture does not teach that marriage is a blood covenant, no animals were sacrificed, and neither does the taking of a young woman's virginity establish a marriage covenant. Furthermore, marriage covenants are established in different ways in different cultures. The original poster was correct in noting that there were many different types of covenants in the ancient near-east, of which blood covenants were one type. But marriage is not a blood covenant. Marriage is a covenant, but it is not a blood covenant.

Guest Greg Davies

The Bible teaches us that the life is in the blood (Lev 17:11 and John 6:53). When we and ancient cultures ratified an agreement by shedding blood, we were saying that our life depended on this agreeement. These agreements are also known as contracts or treaties. The shaking of hands or the signing of a contract with ink on paper are all variations of the ancient blood covenants. We just don't take them as seriously.

When God entered into a blood covenant as with Abraham in the Old Testement, it was considered not only a matter of life and death, but eternal, because God was involved in the agreement. Man's blood was shed through circumcision of the flesh and God's blood was shed substitutionally through the animals.

In the New Covenant, God's blood is literally shed by the Son, and our blood is shed spiritually in the waters of baptism through the circucision of the heart (Col. 2:9-15).

Covenants were generally entered into for mutual benefit. Each party agreed to contribute something to the other. When two nations in ancient times would ratify a treaty, one would generally be weaker and would serve the stronger in exchange for the stronger's protection. So it is with our blood convenant with the Lord.

Greg.