• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

The national behaviour of the people of the USA is a mixed bag of generosity and deprivaty. Because of this, there is both blessing and cursing on us, in certain areas of life, and in certain areas of the nation. America gets a lot of grace because there are many that are in prayer asking God for grace and mercy for America.

The bible indicates that any nation can get to the place where God has had enough of that, and I suspect that we are getting to the place where enough will be enough, but in the meantime, we are blessed in that we can freely worship God and assemble with almost no limits, and that is a great blessing. America is well known for having a great abundance of so many things, and that has the potential to be a blessing, but if we are greedy and merciless, that blessing can quickly become a curse.

In so many ways, we are both blessed and cursed.

God, please bless America. America bless God!

Well said! I'm tired of hearing how awful the U.S. is........although, I admit, we need a lot of prayer. :emot-handshake:

Highly recommend "God and The Nations":

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/08905...howViewpoints=1

Been discussed over the years as well as here on worthyboards a few years back {consider Romans 13:1-7 and USA's rebelling against the King of England {damnation???}-->Civil War, late 1880s locust plagues in west,Great Depression, Dust Bowl, 1945 Atomic bombing of Japan...}-is USA=Revelation 13:11 Beast out of the earth? To me, this "topic" requires much study, meditation, prayer. Much. In the whole armour of God-Ephesians 6:10-18. Then, perhaps, silence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../711250322/1066

Overall, Americans are expected to spend an estimated $48.7 billion on their pets in 2007, nearly twice the amount of a decade ago and growing at more than 7 percent a year, according to Packaged Facts, a consumer research company in Rockville, Md. Already, spending exceeds the gross domestic product of about 120 nations.

How does this go along with the topic at hand?

Is it that America is so blessed that if some people want to spend money on their pets, they can afford to do it?

What's wrong if people want to pamper their pets?

They earned that money, can't they spend it on whatever they want to?

Half the world lives on less than $2/day-Luke 12:48 for one Scripture {say that America is or WAS indeed blessed by THE Lord}. Among others, this Scripture has been heavily with me for years {just the fact of this:1 baby is aborted/murdered in this country every 20 seconds-to me, 1st degree State sanctioned/supported/protected murder. The LORD HATES the shedding of "innocent blood"-an abomination unto Him-Proverbs 6 for one of many Scriptures on that}:

Eze 16:48 [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good].

9/11; Katrina-"the worst natural disaster in USA history". Pestilence just here in NYS, seemingly a new one every week or so. Droughts in southeast. Wildfires in California. Obesity pandemic/type-2 diabetes the cause.....

Any National repentence/face down/prayer and fasting as a Nation, pleading for mercy/forgiveness???

Some more of , to me, the latest "soundbites" on what is going on:

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/printarti...&id=7854250

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/245004/

http://zmagsite.zmag.org/May2006/levine0506.html

There is nothing what so ever wrong with spending money to pamper our pets. Just ask my wife.

We are so blessed that we can afford to do that which is considered an awful awful horrible thing. To spend money pampering our pets. We got the money and we can choose to spend money on our pets if we want to.

Is it a wise thing to do? It all depends on how much money we got. Is it a good thing in the eyes of God? No one actually knows for sure but I would say that as long as we are listening to God about how to spend our blessings and do according to His will in our lives, it would be OK to what we want with the rest as long as it pleases God. And treating our pets like we do pleases God because He wants us to be happy with no worries.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

America blessed or cursed is now about pampering your pets? :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

hi Everyone,

Greetings in the name of the Lord.

I must say that America have been blessed by the Lord as a country and individually. The Lord has promised blessings on any one who obeys as seen in the verse in Joshua:

Jos 1:7 Only be strong and very courageous, to observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest have good success whithersoever thou goest.

Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shalt meditate thereon day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

In the verse above we see that God promises prosperity on those who follow his precepts, but it does depend on our own willingness to achieve that blessings.

1. Only be strong and very courageous to
  2. observe to do according to all the law
  3. observe to do according to all that is written therein

As long as one observes the preconditions to success, God is faithful to his promise!

David makes this observation:

Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; Yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his seed begging bread.

The problem arises when God blesses a person materially, he gets proud and thinks that all his blessing are obtained by his own effort and forgets to acknowledge God's providence!

As to whether God sends calamity when we disobey, scriptures are full of examples that this is so. Israel had been exiled twice from their land due to disobedience!!

The scriptures often sees great blessings in times when Israel disobeyed, for example, the reign of King Jeroboam II was the most evil in Israel's history, yet the country prospered. The reason is the judgement of God is sometimes delayed to allow time for repentance. God is patient and desires that none should perish, and allows for repentance. Ultimately if repentance is not forthcoming, disaster will overtake!

I think America has long ceased to be righteous and religious! The rot has set in a long time ago and Americe is just starting to pay the price. The scriptures are never wrong!

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Yours in Christ,

New creature

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Consider being a resident of Sodom before The LORD destroyed it AND having The Holy Bible.

Consider living in the "Days of Noah"-Genesis 6:1- AND having The Holy Bible.

Consider living in Germany during the 1940s during the Holocaust of the Jews.

Consider living in this world/USA today-over 1.3 BILLION unborn babies have been murdered worldwide since the USA's Roe v Wade. Roughly 1 in 5 unborn babies in the USA are murdered, vivisected, with lots of evidence showing they do feel excrutiating pain. Consider being a baby in the womb, able to calculate the probably of being vivisected.

THE LORD HATES "shedding of innocent blood"-an ABOMINATION. How many times does He tell us that in The Holy Bible?

Cbrinfo.org gives the term "Indescribable Evil" to this-compares it to the lynching of blacks in the USA in the 19th and 20th centuries, to the Holocaust in Germany.

We have The Holy Bible. We KNOW The LORD HATES abortion. Hates it. Think about the pain He feels. If we believe Jesus was Crucified for all that call upon Him, past-present-future until the end of the age, then think of Jesus on The Cross paying for the sins current [today] till the end of this age. Think of Him seeing us today. Reading our responses on a message board.

We have no excuse. We cannot say we did not know, do not know.

Again, for the nth time, consider/read/ACT ON Leonard Ravenhill's book from the 1970s-"Sodom Had No Bible."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Exd 32:6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

1Cr 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as [were] some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

hi Everyone,

Greetings in the name of the Lord.

I must say that America have been blessed by the Lord as a country and individually. The Lord has promised blessings on any one who obeys as seen in the verse in Joshua:

Jos 1:7 Only be strong and very courageous, to observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest have good success whithersoever thou goest.

Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shalt meditate thereon day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

In the verse above we see that God promises prosperity on those who follow his precepts, but it does depend on our own willingness to achieve that blessings.

1. Only be strong and very courageous to
  2. observe to do according to all the law
  3. observe to do according to all that is written therein
As long as one observes the preconditions to success, God is faithful to his promise!

David makes this observation:

Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; Yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his seed begging bread.

The problem arises when God blesses a person materially, he gets proud and thinks that all his blessing are obtained by his own effort and forgets to acknowledge God's providence!

As to whether God sends calamity when we disobey, scriptures are full of examples that this is so. Israel had been exiled twice from their land due to disobedience!!

The scriptures often sees great blessings in times when Israel disobeyed, for example, the reign of King Jeroboam II was the most evil in Israel's history, yet the country prospered. The reason is the judgement of God is sometimes delayed to allow time for repentance. God is patient and desires that none should perish, and allows for repentance. Ultimately if repentance is not forthcoming, disaster will overtake!

I think America has long ceased to be righteous and religious! The rot has set in a long time ago and Ame rice is just starting to pay the price. The scriptures are never wrong!

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Yours in Christ,

New creature

Another reason why we can pamper our pets like we do is because we are the only country in the world who helps Israel financially and other wise and God has promised that anyone who stands on the side of Israel He will bless. Lets pray that Hillary Rotten Clinton doe s not become the President because if she does she wants to do away with all help for Israel and give to the Palestinians.

Consider being a resident of Sodom before The LORD destroyed it AND having The Holy Bible.

Consider living in this world/USA today-over 1.3 BILLION unborn babies have been murdered worldwide since the USA's Roe v Wade. Roughly 1 in 5 unborn babies in the USA are murdered, vivisected, with lots of evidence showing they do feel excrutiating pain. Consider being a baby in the womb, able to calculate the probably of being vivisected.

THE LORD HATES "shedding of innocent blood"-an ABOMINATION. How many times does He tell us that in The Holy Bible?

Cbrinfo.org gives the term "Indescribable Evil" to this-compares it to the lynching of blacks in the USA in the 19th and 20th centuries, to the Holocaust in Germany.

We have The Holy Bible. We KNOW The LORD HATES abortion. Hates it. Think about the pain He feels. If we believe Jesus was Crucified for all that call upon Him, past-present-future until the end of the age, then think of Jesus on The Cross paying for the sins current [today] till the end of this age. Think of Him seeing us today. Reading our responses on a message board.

Again, for the nth time, consider/read/ACT ON Leonard Ravenhill's book from the 1970s-"Sodom Had No Bible."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Exd 32:6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

1Cr 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as [were] some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

I don't thing the problem of Sodom & Gomorrah was abortion! They would not have had the medical technology!

The problem with Sodom and gomorrah is stated in Ezekiel:

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fullness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

God mentioned 3 things that especially irritated him about Sodom and Gomorrah:

1. pride
  2. fulness of bread
  3. prosperous ease

They were rich and full of pride, the sin that caused Lucifer to fall. They were proud and thought that all their wealth were self generated instead of a blessing from God.

Fullness of bread means that they had more than abundant food and drink and never saw God as the provider!

Prosperous ease, Sodom and Gomorrah had Bitumen in abundance which was a prized commodity! They sold it and was wealthy! In their wealth, they had nothing better to do than gossiped and had a lavacious lifestyle that did not glorify God.

This is exactly what America did in the prosperous time where they had too much money! They squandered their money on thing that brought no glory to God.

Imagine, God sees those three things as worse than homosexaulity!

They may not have the Bible, they had Lot-who should have known better than adsorb their lifestyle with fervour!

New creture

New creature

Another reason why we can pamper our pets like we do is because we are the only country in the world who helps Israel financially and other wise and God has promised that anyone who stands on the side of Israel He will bless. Lets pray that Hillary Rotten Clinton doe s not become the President because if she does she wants to do away with all help for Israel and give to the Palest

I think God is interested in Pets but he is far more interested in people who are lost!

He is especially interested in the helpless of the society!

Eze 22:7 In thee have they set light by father and mother; in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the sojourner; in thee have they wronged the fatherless and the widow.

Jer 22:3 Thus saith Jehovah: Execute ye justice and righteousness, and deliver him that is robbed out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence, to the sojourner, the fatherless, nor the widow; neither shed innocent blood in this place.

Isa 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves; every one loveth bribes, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

I think America spend trillions of dollars on the war but have not even looked after the very people who could not look after themselves.

New creature

Abortion never really became a problem until the sexual revolution of the 1960s. Now the UN advocates it as a way for population control especially in thrid world countries.

UN population contol metods is the way of the antichrist really!

New creature