• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

So if you dont believe in God you musnt believe you have soul, or are believe and accept you will suffer eternity in the pits of hell?

Heatherxoxox

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Hello! So, I've come to the Worthy Boards seeking an answer to a question that none of my Christian friends are able to answer.

I often hear Christians calling for Gods grace and blessings: God Bless America! God willing such-and-such will happen. etc. Do you Christians really believe that God *directly* blesses and graces people and nation states? Is America prosperous because God wills it? The answer I always get from my Christian friends is yes, of course. Why would one utter phrases like God Bless America unless one really believed it possible?

I, however, think that such a stance is morally reprehensible. Follow the logic: If, for example, Americas prosperity is due to Gods direct intervention (blessings and grace are things God gives out), it is then true that God is withholding these blessings from countries that are not prosperous. Why would he/she do that? Can you imagine a God saying "to thee I grant freedom and delicious steaks at the Outback and to you I grant slavery and famine"? I can't.

So friends, can you please stop begging for Gods blessings? It is embarrassing, especially when our president does it on t.v. God obviously does not directly intervene in human affairs because, as demonstrated above, it is too easy to show this to be morally untenable.

I eagerly await a well-reasoned discussion,

FreeFromFaith (and leading a happy, moral life!)

damo1

to free from faith

it seems like you are a chicken and i will not have a chicken telling some one in Australia to stop praying for America as America has sevral of us Aussies praying for gods grace and for his blessings over this nation

just by looking at your usser name i can see what sort of person you are and you will never be able to see what others have shared to you in this post due to your negative ways people like you are very bitter and you like to have self pitty partys or try to out do each other and say no my suffering is more worse than yours you must feel sorry for me

if you are happy living a free and moral life what are you doing hear placing this topic in a christian forum

what i am going to do is place you on the prayer meeting list as god knows who you are and i will just give out your usser name as your usser name is something that will not slip by

see a chicken likes to pull eagles down a chicken likes to gossip a chicken likes to put a wall around its self and stop god from doing what he needs to do in its life when ever an eagle soars above the clouds a chicken will say look at that fool when ever an eagle moves forward or god blesses the eagle a chicken will find a way to hurt the eagle

a chicken will never know what its like to be free a chicken will never know what its like to fly above the clouds

wear an eagle hangs out with other eagles an eagle does not look at his past but an eagle keeps his eyes on his creator an eagle has strength an eagle knows his masters voice and an eagle has no shame

also an eagle knows he will be built up by those who only want the best for him this is what an eagle is a powerfull bird

in your country an eagle is used as a symbol of strength and a symbol of power

i will not stop praying for gods grace on this nation or for his blessings over its people and i am not going to back of and tell half the people i know who have been praying for this country to stop because a chicken is so ashamed

you can say what ever you like about what i posted hear i will not take this to heart as i am also an eagle who hangs out with like minded eagles

my question to you is this what are you going to do with the time you have ?

are you going to keep having these self pitty partys because you have not experianced gods blessings in your life or are you going to get off your back side and be proud of your country you should not even be an American citazen if you are going to behave like this their are plenty of people who want to live in America especialy the ilegal imagrents that other people like to have a go at for jumping your boarders who come in from mexico as they still see America as a blessed country wear their hopes and dreams for a better futer can come to pass

so please free from faith pull your head in

what are the changes you have made in your life people have a choice and i also know what its like to starve i also know what its like to go with out i use to live on the streets i use to eat out of the dumpsters and the bins wear i was living on the streets in kings cross my home was a run down old building i used a dirty carpet to keep me warm through our australian winters in sydney and it gets very cold

today i am flying above the clouds today i say thank you jesus for changing my life today i have a roof over my head a nice bed to sleep in food in my fridge and cupboards i have clean clothes and a good paying job

why because i decided to brake away from the chickens who were holding me back

did you stop to listen to your christian friends ?

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

[quote name='freefromfaith'

My real purpose...hmmh....that is a good question. First, I am always delighted when I learn something new about the wonderful world we live in. The fact that a nonbeliever was the source of the information has absolutely no bearing. Second, I am quite comfortable with my beliefs thank you very much. My real purpose is information gathering. I knew when I typed the question that you would have no answer for me. I am fascinated with the circular and illogical thought processes that underly faith in Abrahamic religious dogma. I am fascinated (and somewhat frightened at the moment) that so many throughout history have used their Abrahamic religious beliefs to justify cruel and immoral behavior. Innocent correlation? I'd certainly like to think so but I'm just not sure...

Peace

Can you imagine a God saying "to thee I grant freedom and delicious steaks at the Outback and to you I grant slavery and famine"? I can't.

:laugh:

Can You Imagine God?

I Can.

He Is Calling

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

The Sinner

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:18

Sinners

Of sin, because they believe not on me;
John 16:9

So Deceitful

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jeremiah 17:9

Still Offered Faith

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Even The Lord Jesus Christ

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Yet They Still Imagine

.... though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me.

And they have not cried unto me with their heart, when they howled upon their beds: they assemble themselves for corn and wine, and they rebel against me.

Though I have bound and strengthened their arms, yet do they imagine mischief against me.

Hosea 7:13-15

But Know Nothing

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge.

Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Psalms 14:1-7

Ask

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Luke 11:9-10

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe