• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom,

A&E has suspended "Dog, The Bounty Hunter" show because of a taped racial rampage. FINALLY! This man claims to be a Christian and swears with the "F" and "N" word in every other word.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307140,00.html

TV Bounty Hunter 'Dog' Chapman in Hot Water for N-Word Tirade

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Duane 'Dog' Chapman

HONOLULU

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

About time!

I agree with you...this man claims to be a Christian, but his fruits prove otherwise.

Here's a link to listen to his awful, racist rant: edited by mod

Young and/or and sensitive members of Worthy - avoid listening to it.

Edited by traveller

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1971

my husband has enjoyed this program in the past but now he is turned off by the profanity he uses while claiming to be a christian. my husband is not following GOD right now but he still couldn't take the hypocricy. about time he was exposed!!!

zaidenmom

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I have a question though about rejoicing over a professed brothers fall.

Are you sure that this isn't an action of the Lords Holy Spirit allowing Dawgs true nature to be revealed so that he has no choice now exposed but to deal with it.

How many of us would want the reality of our personal sin so Nationally exposed?

I have seen many examples of this lately with those who are celebrity's.

Mel Gibson makes a simply amazing film about Christ. However there seems to be many skeletons in his closet when it comes to replacment theology and his feelings towards Jews. Gibson even speaks openly in interviews about the film and of how the enemy was there keeping them from completeing the film on time. Then a few years later he is caught in his own sin publically exposed for being a drunk and exposed for his hatred of the Jews. He publically repents and only God knows his heart. Yet it has been exposed.

Sylvester Stallone openly professes a renewed interest in his Faith and openly embraces Christ in his last Rocky film. A big hit by the way. Then a few months later he is caught in a Foreign country in a Steroid smuggling scandal. ;) Could this be the action of the Holy Spirit exposing him and drawing him closer to Christ?

How about Dawg? He openly professes Christ and prays openly on his show. However he has a foul mouth and has been exposed for it not only on his show but to a much deeper extent now in his private conversations. He even expressed that he was concerned about the 30 years of a creer he has built up. Maybe God is calling him to accountability even now. Should we then rejoice at his fall? Or praise God that the Lord is leading this brother in not much of a different way than He does some of us?

Ever say something you would and should regret? Ever been called to accountability for it? I'm not justifying his actions. I am asking if we should rejoice obver the fall or the correction?

Know you not this?

Re

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Ever say something you would and should regret?

Never!

...poopie-head.

Grace to you,

I have a question though about rejoicing over a professed brothers fall.

Shalom Dave,

No, you misunderstand and wrongly judge the motives here. Please don't be so quick to assign evil motives. How do you know I am not praying for him? In fact, I HAVE been praying for Dog and his family and I am thankful for this turn of events because I believe G-d is working in his life.

I am not rejoicing in his fall, but rejoicing that the sin is being exposed from someone who calls himself a brother in the faith. The Bible says to expose those who continually walk in sin. The REASON is not to gloat but to cause repentance and for people to not put him up on pedestal because he "says" he is a Christian. We are to bring the secret sins out into the open. Why? To embarrass someone? No, to cause repentance.

John 3

19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."

Mark 4:

21 And he said to them, "Is a lamp brought in to be put under a basket, or under a bed, and not on a stand? 22 For nothing is hidden except to be made manifest; nor is anything secret except to come to light. 23If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."

You see, we NEED to be walking in private what we would not be ashamed of in public. This most definitely is a work of the Holy Spirit, first to expose the ongoing sin, and secondly, hopefully to soften the man's heart and bring him to repentance.

We are accountable Dave. Especially those who are "teachers" (and those who profess Jesus and are "role models") The Bible says they will be judged more harshly. We must be concerned for those people who follow Dog's example and live in sin while professing to be a Christian.

NOW, he is exposed and people will see there is more to being a Christian than just saying one is and having prayer on TV.

As for myself, YES, if I am a hypocrite and living in ongoing sin and holding myself up as a teacher and role model, I had would WANT to be exposed! For nothing is hidden from Jesus! I would want to be pushed into repenting in public if I have sinned in public, but having my sins exposed.

James 3

1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. 2For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. 3If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. 4Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. 5So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.

6 How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! 6And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.

7For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, 8but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. 10From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers,[c] these things ought not to be so.

11Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? 12Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Is this one for the people? Is this one for the Lord?

Or do I simply serenade for things I must afford?

You can jumble them together, my conflict still remains

Holiness is calling, in the midst of courting fame

Cause I see the trust in their eyes

Though the sky is falling

They need Your love in their lives

Compromise is calling

CHORUS

What if I stumble, what if I fall?

What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?

What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

You never turn in the heat of it all

Father please forgive me for I can not compose

The fear that lives within me

Or the rate at which it grows

If struggle has a purpose on the narrow road you've carved

Why do I dread my trespasses will leave a deadly scar

Do they see the fear in my eyes? Are they so revealing?

This time I cannot disguise all the doubt I'm feeling

CHORUS

Everyone's got to crawl when you know that

You're up against a wall, it's about to fall

Everyone's got to crawl when you know that

I hear You whispering my name [You say]

"My love for You will never change" [never change]

CHORUS

You are my comfort, and my God

Is this one for the people, is this one for the Lord?

~song by DC Talk~

Album: Jesus Freak

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know of more than one Christian who, unfortunately, utilize expressions I wish they did not. Then I think of my own words and I wonder, are my expressions godly?

Think of it - as a child I learned it was acceptable to say, "Holy cow!" But what does that mean? "Holy moley?" "Holy mackerel?" What in the world am I calling something "holy" for a s an expression of surprise?

So, are my lips more clean than the one who speaks four-letter words?

I do not rejoice at this news. I fear. For what will happen to me if the Lord calls my sin to account in the same way?

What of you?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

By the way, did anyone read the end of the article?

In a statement, the 54-year-old Chapman said he has "utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred.

"I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world," he said. "I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused."

Chapman said, "My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation."

Chapman said the clip was completely taken out of context.

"I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character," he said. "However, I should have never used that term."

By the way, did anyone read the end of the article?

Shalom Nebula,

Of course. I would be thankful to know if he was sincerely repentant and not just doing "damage control." Only G-d knows.

Again, it is wrong to assume evil motives in sharing this news, it is important!