• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/08/1987

I think this topic is rather stupid really; everytime someone in or of our faith messes up (or anyone else in this world) messes up we do 2 things, 1. we withold our love from them and 2. we continually shout "They DESERVE what happened to them"; I find this topic distressing and proof that this is true. My pastor preached on this not too long ago, and its true sadly to say; I think we're always so quick to jump on someone just because we don't like what they do or how they act etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

All right, Vickilynn - The Lord judge between you and me in this.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Grace to you,

I have a question though about rejoicing over a professed brothers fall.

Are you sure that this isn't an action of the Lords Holy Spirit allowing Dawgs true nature to be revealed so that he has no choice now exposed but to deal with it.

How many of us would want the reality of our personal sin so Nationally exposed?

I have seen many examples of this lately with those who are celebrity's.

Mel Gibson makes a simply amazing film about Christ. However there seems to be many skeletons in his closet when it comes to replacment theology and his feelings towards Jews. Gibson even speaks openly in interviews about the film and of how the enemy was there keeping them from completeing the film on time. Then a few years later he is caught in his own sin publically exposed for being a drunk and exposed for his hatred of the Jews. He publically repents and only God knows his heart. Yet it has been exposed.

Sylvester Stallone openly professes a renewed interest in his Faith and openly embraces Christ in his last Rocky film. A big hit by the way. Then a few months later he is caught in a Foreign country in a Steroid smuggling scandal. ;) Could this be the action of the Holy Spirit exposing him and drawing him closer to Christ?

How about Dawg? He openly professes Christ and prays openly on his show. However he has a foul mouth and has been exposed for it not only on his show but to a much deeper extent now in his private conversations. He even expressed that he was concerned about the 30 years of a creer he has built up. Maybe God is calling him to accountability even now. Should we then rejoice at his fall? Or praise God that the Lord is leading this brother in not much of a different way than He does some of us?

Ever say something you would and should regret? Ever been called to accountability for it? I'm not justifying his actions. I am asking if we should rejoice obver the fall or the correction?

Know you not this?

Re

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

I think this topic is rather stupid really; everytime someone in or of our faith messes up (or anyone else in this world) messes up we do 2 things, 1. we withold our love from them and 2. we continually shout "They DESERVE what happened to them"; I find this topic distressing and proof that this is true. My pastor preached on this not too long ago, and its true sadly to say; I think we're always so quick to jump on someone just because we don't like what they do or how they act etc.

Shalom,

I think it's important because this man is a professing Christian, a teacher and a self-proclaimed "role model" for children and he lives like the devil. We should care more about the truth of the Scriptures than being politically correct.

It is important because this man is a public figure and people put him up on a pedestal because he professes to be a Christian.

As for your other "stuff", I fail to see any place where anyone a) withheld love b) said they deserve anything bad.

Be sad if you want, but I am more sad for the testimony of Jesus that has been dragged through the mud by the loose-living, foul-mouthed Dog and I have prayed that G-d would show him the truth of how he is not living according to the Scriptures. I pray now that this is happening and that Dog's heart is softened and he repents.

That is cause for saying "YAY!"

wow... dawg again.

this man is a christian. i have no reason to doubt his testimony. but he's not a STRONG christian, and he has many misconceptions about the God who has extended salvation to him. which scripture, proverbs i believe, says that pride goes before the fall? dawg was very definitely full of pride, and it fed on the fame and fortune that came with his tv show. that doesn't provide a spirtually immature christian a healthy environment to grow in.

i believe God will use dawg's fall from PUBLIC grace to grow immeasurably in GOD'S grace. in fact, i think God probably orchestrated this public fall in answer to many prayers that have been lifted up in intercession for duane chapman.

for the record, how many people here can honestly say they've never used racial or stereotypical slurs against another segment of the population during a fit of anger? and how many can honestly say that they've never used profanity? i know i can't raise my hand on either of those. i guess i'm lucky i'm not a celebrity or i'm sure many people here would say i'm not really a christian.

wow... dawg again.

this man is a christian. i have no reason to doubt his testimony. but he's not a STRONG christian, and he has many misconceptions about the God who has extended salvation to him. which scripture, proverbs i believe, says that pride goes before the fall? dawg was very definitely full of pride, and it fed on the fame and fortune that came with his tv show. that doesn't provide a spirtually immature christian a healthy environment to grow in.

i believe God will use dawg's fall from PUBLIC grace to grow immeasurably in GOD'S grace. in fact, i think God probably orchestrated this public fall in answer to many prayers that have been lifted up in intercession for duane chapman.

for the record, how many people here can honestly say they've never used racial or stereotypical slurs against another segment of the population during a fit of anger? and how many can honestly say that they've never used profanity? i know i can't raise my hand on either of those. i guess i'm lucky i'm not a celebrity or i'm sure many people here would say i'm not really a christian.

Shalom LadyC,

That's twisting things dear. No place was that ever said that he isn't really a Christian. Stick to the facts please. BTW, I'm not the one who wrote the article, or released the story. Direct your anger at the person who wanted the world to know what this man was REALLY like behind closed doors.

I find it AMAZING that y'all are more concerned about hiding sin than letting G-d expose it! Way too much political correctness here.

vickilynn, i'm not angry, i'm disappointed. and i wasn't singling you out nor twisting things. but since you brought it up and assumed it was a personal attack, i will remind you that in the past, in other discussions about him, you have said you did not believe he was a christian.

but in THIS thread, in MY post, i was speaking in generality about the tone of several posts by several people, and about my own opinion.

if God uses this opportunity to draw duane into a deeper, more mature relationship with Him (and i believe He will), then i can only rejoice at the work God is doing in this man's life, however He chooses to do it.

i am not interested in trying to protect or hide his sins. please, in your own words, stick to the facts. i never once implied that we should cover anything up.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I personally do not condone profanity. However, I will give an example that is quite related to Dog. A young lady with a very bad background accepted Jesus as Savior at a Church in our area a couple years ago. She gave her testimony, and it was riddled with profanity and vulgar references. She had a pure motive. Her heart was right. However, her vocabulary was filthy. That was what she grew up in. That was all she ever knew. Whether Dog is a Christian or not, only Jesus knows. However, his past was very bad. His heart may be pure, but his outward appearance and actions simply no where close to Sanctified.

vickilynn, i'm not angry, i'm disappointed. and i wasn't singling you out nor twisting things. but since you brought it up and assumed it was a personal attack, i will remind you that in the past, in other discussions about him, you have said you did not believe he was a christian.

Shalom LadyC,

I believe that I have said that we do not know IF he is a Christian. And that is indisputable. You don't know for sure and neither do I. We are not G-d. And only G-d knows what or who Duane is and if his heart is belongs to Jesus. And bringing up past threads has no bearing on this one, again, we need to stick to the FACTS.

if God uses this opportunity to draw duane into a deeper, more mature relationship with Him (and i believe He will), then i can only rejoice at the work God is doing in this man's life, however He chooses to do it.

Exactly.

This is the BIBLICAL stand. But you see, the Biblical stand is getting more flack than the man's sin and hope for his subsequent repentance and that is wrong.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

I have only seen him a couple of times on tv..

both were in interviews ..

From the interviews I saw my conclusion was he is a very young Christian and needs to grow up..

There are probably thousands of Christians in the same place as he ...

Praise God for all the good work He does in his children..

It is sad the whole world has to see his failures as I know I would sure hate for mine to be broadcast for the whole world to see ..Yikes...

Lord bless him and help him get through this a stronger and better man and Christian.. :wub: