• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Let's be mindful that there are all kinds of believers posting here, to include the young and the racially diverse. :rolleyes:

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i still love ya, dog! :emot-hug:

i can only imagine what it would be like to have someone hanging on my every word and deed just drooling for the chance to see me goof up. (referring to the press)

hang tight to God! :rolleyes: your courage will be a light for us all.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

i still love ya, dog! :emot-hug:

i can only imagine what it would be like to have someone hanging on my every word and deed just drooling for the chance to see me goof up. (referring to the press)

hang tight to God! :rolleyes: your courage will be a light for us all.

Shalom Fraught,

If you weren't committing ongoing sin, you would have nothing to worry about anyone finding out anything about you! No one would have anything on you!

Actually, his REPENTANCE would be a light for us all. That would be Biblical.

Mark 4:

22 For nothing is hidden except to be made manifest; nor is anything secret except to come to light.

23 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."

1 John 3:

5You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

Shalom,

Consider these words from the Scriptures. I believe they mean exactly what they say and they relate specifically to this topic:

James 1:

26If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1971

I think we should all come together in agreement that GOD, THE FATHER will work this out for HIS honor and glory.

LORD, please help us all to turn our eyes to you. amen

zaidenmom

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Grace to you,

I have a question though about rejoicing over a professed brothers fall.

Are you sure that this isn't an action of the Lords Holy Spirit allowing Dawgs true nature to be revealed so that he has no choice now exposed but to deal with it.

How many of us would want the reality of our personal sin so Nationally exposed?

I have seen many examples of this lately with those who are celebrity's.

Mel Gibson makes a simply amazing film about Christ. However there seems to be many skeletons in his closet when it comes to replacment theology and his feelings towards Jews. Gibson even speaks openly in interviews about the film and of how the enemy was there keeping them from completeing the film on time. Then a few years later he is caught in his own sin publically exposed for being a drunk and exposed for his hatred of the Jews. He publically repents and only God knows his heart. Yet it has been exposed.

Sylvester Stallone openly professes a renewed interest in his Faith and openly embraces Christ in his last Rocky film. A big hit by the way. Then a few months later he is caught in a Foreign country in a Steroid smuggling scandal. :emot-hug: Could this be the action of the Holy Spirit exposing him and drawing him closer to Christ?

How about Dawg? He openly professes Christ and prays openly on his show. However he has a foul mouth and has been exposed for it not only on his show but to a much deeper extent now in his private conversations. He even expressed that he was concerned about the 30 years of a creer he has built up. Maybe God is calling him to accountability even now. Should we then rejoice at his fall? Or praise God that the Lord is leading this brother in not much of a different way than He does some of us?

Ever say something you would and should regret? Ever been called to accountability for it? I'm not justifying his actions. I am asking if we should rejoice obver the fall or the correction?

Know you not this?

Re

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, now that I have had time to think about what I was trying to explain -

In what I had said, I was never intending to judge the heart of anyone.

My reaction was to the title of the thread and from some of the posts following the OP having the appearance of rejoicing. Words by themselves do hurt.

Yes, the intention was explained; I understand this. However, I cannot get past that expressions of glee.

Sure, if this results in working righteousness in his life, then I will rejoice. But for now, having been on the receiving end of people being obsessed with the sin in my life (it is a long, painful story), I have a bit more sensitivity to this.

Consider how it is when a parent punishes a child for doing wrong and the other child exclaims, "Finally! You were in need of that." Does this bless the parent at all? Did the parent enjoy spanking the child? (Parents - do you enjoy dishing out punishment? How do you feel when the other sibling is glad for the punishment - whatever the motive?)

And I also wonder what the non-Christians are thinking of this.

I do pray this experience that forced him to face his sin draws him closer to the Lord. His "exposure" did not bless me. His words of admittance to wrong, asking for forgiveness and the declared comittment to work with his pastor on this (I read that in another article) did bless me, however.

I am grateful the Lord is working in his life, and I rejoice that he has humbly taken that look in the mirror and is showing evidence of a repentant heart.

I do not say, "Praise God he was caught," I say, "Praise God he was forced to face himself." The intent behind the words may be the same, but the wording makes a much different impact, don't you think?

Yes, the intention was explained; I understand this. However, I cannot get past that expressions of glee.

Shalom Nebula,

So, basically, you are calling me a liar and judging my heart, disregarding what I've told you about the wording and my heart motives.You have decided you know my heart motives better than I do or G-d does. Pretty interesting to say the least.

I think you were better off when you said the L-rd will judge, because He is the ONLY one qualified.

It's not your place to "get past" anything concerning my motives, for that is sin. Period. YOu, who are so sensitive about pointing fingers are doing what you decry in calling me a liar and attacking my motives instead of just responding to the thread.

I hope you see this clearly - YOU are doing what you condemn. And this is sin.

Bottom line: If you don't like the way I word things, I invite you to simply skip my posts. However, when you comment on my heart motives and judge them and attack what you do not know, YOU are in sin. You should be taking this to the L-rd in prayer Nebula. That is Biblical.

And now, we must leave it in the hands of the L-rd, Who ALONE is the judge.

I find it AMAZING that y'all are more concerned about hiding sin than letting G-d expose it! Way too much political correctness here.

Welcome to Worthy./*sarcasm*/ :noidea:

Shalom Toni,

It amazes me that the Biblical foundation is being overlooked and stuffed away in preference for a celebrity. This is condemned in the Scriptures.

I find it AMAZING that y'all are more concerned about hiding sin than letting G-d expose it! Way too much political correctness here.

Welcome to Worthy./*sarcasm*/ :noidea:

Shalom Toni,

It amazes me that the Biblical foundation is being overlooked and stuffed away in preference for a celebrity. This is condemned in the Scriptures.

you just did exactly what you accused nebula of doing.

nobody here is suggesting we overlook biblical foundation or stuff anything away in preference for a celebrity. you're judging the intents of people's hearts.

furthermore, nebula didn't call anyone a liar.

perhaps it would be less confusing to others if the topic title were reworded a bit to more accurately reflect your heart? then we could all stay on track with what this thread (i think) is supposed to be about... lifting up a brother who needs intervention.