• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Christmas is coming up. I have heard some people telling me that putting up christmas tree is pagan, I don't know why I don't worship the tree. :th_praying: I worship Jesus who died on a tree. :cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I don't have a problem with having a Christmas tree up in my home. In fact, I am looking forward to buying a real one this year and decorating it with symbols that remind us that Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus. :th_praying:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

A Christmas Tree is only a pagan symbol if you are a pagan and worship it as such. Otherwise its just a tree you put ornaments on. If I took a big boulder and said thats my rock god, it would still be just a big rock to anyone else.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I don't think it's pagan, I decorate my tree with angels and doves and stars and a star on top :th_praying:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

I enjoy them.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

I enjoy the scent of a fresh pine tree in the house. I like the Christmas tree but I certainly don't worship it.

Kathy

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

A Christmas Tree is only a pagan symbol if you are a pagan and worship it as such. Otherwise its just a tree you put ornaments on. If I took a big boulder and said thats my rock god, it would still be just a big rock to anyone else.

Someone write this down. I 100% agree with forrest on this one. It is only a pagan object of worship if you are using it or thinking of it as a pagan object of worship. Otherwise, it is just a fake or live tree with a bunch of pretty, shiny doo dads on it, that is nice to look at, but takes way too much effort and time to put up and take down. None-the-less, I am planning on having 2 Christmas trees this year, one in the dining room and one upstairs in my study. Don't let the Christmas legalists and nay-sayers ruin your enjoyment of the holiday. . .

You agreed with me. The devil must of just passed out a round of ice water. :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I don't think there is anything wrong with Christmas Trees, but a nativity scene is so much prettier!

i prefer a tree AND a nativity scene.

i dont know what the tree represents to pagans, since i'm not one. but to ME, the tree represents the tree of life, a gift God has given us in the form of Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Christmas is coming up. I have heard some people telling me that putting up christmas tree is pagan, I don't know why I don't worship the tree. :th_praying: I worship Jesus who died on a tree. :cool:

I guess those folks, who told you that putting up a Christmas tree is pagan, are not very familiar with GOD and the Old Testament.

I believe they are getting their misinformation from Jeremiah 10:2-5 Where GOD is talking about the heathen( nations that do not worship GOD) but worship a tree. Jer 10:4)" They deck it with silver and with gold:they fasten it with nails and with hammers,they move it not."

These trees were idols to certain nations. They worshipped these trees as their god.

I don't worship my Chrsitmas tree, do you? I didn't think so.

Secondly, GOD even considers himself to be a green fir tree. Hosea 14:8 "Ephraim ( for clarification by me, he is referring to the 10 Northern Abrahamic tribes)shall say " 'What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him.' ' I am like a green fir tree, from Me is thy fruit found.'"( GOD Speaking here).

Interpretation: Our GOD is ever green, he is here for ever!

Lastly, In Genesis and throughout the Bible, trees symbolize men. In Gen 2:9, in the garden of Eden, spiritually, Christ is the tree of life and Satan is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

In summary: we celebrate December 25th/Christmas as the birth of Christ( even though it is actually the conception of Christ- another subject for another time) and JESUS is the tree of life.

GOD considers himself a green fir tree.

As long as we don't worship the tree as an idol, I think all believers having a Christmas tree celebrating Christ should be a great pleasure for our Father to see. And he created us for his pleasure( Rev 4:11)

One day, each year, we are all thinking of him and his only begotten son. It should serve as a reminder of the blessings we have all year through Jesus Christ and ALMIGHTY GOD, our Father.

I'b be weary of anything anyone tells you, unless they can document it with 2 examples(witnesses) in GOD's word. There are alot of "one verse charlies" in churches these days.They take verses out of context, so they lose the meaning intended by GOD.

Hope this helps!

In Christ's name I pray,

Blessed1195

Edited by blessed1195