• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

It's just odd that there's been incident after incident after incident.

:thumbsup: It does provoke a lot of . . . emotion.

One right on the heels of another. I've lost count.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and it's not like china isn't capable of importing safe products, or is unaware of the dangers.... they've been importing products to our country for decades and it's only in the last few months they've started importing a multitude of products that can KILL.

WORTHY TRUST

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." John 14:1

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

:)

If this country took all of the crazy advice on this website, we would all be living in bunkers afraid of our own shadow.

:noidea::D:24:

Fight! Fight! Fight!

WORTHY ADVICE

Would That We All........

Bow

"The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:" 146:8

The Heart

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8

And Worship

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24

The LORD

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9-10

Amen!

"Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Revelation 22:16-17

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

When will we wake up and stop buying from China, as a country and individually?

And when will the companies that send our jobs overseas for the sake of greed do the same? Hopefully they will go nearly bankrupt so they can wake up.

Kat, kat, kat.

You leave me speechless, sometimes, i must say. I like how passionate you are but bear in mind regardless of your opinion, the businesses who outsource have got businesses to run, and if outsourcing is cheaper than keeping it within the country, then they should outsource. It's just good business sense.

And what's wrong with buying from China? Should we stop import/export from countries we dont like?

Thoughtful, you must not have children or pets if you don't see the problem with Chinese imports. It's a major problem and not just in the U.S. :whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

And when will the companies that send our jobs overseas for the sake of greed do the same? Hopefully they will go nearly bankrupt so they can wake up.

There was a documentary here not too long back, where all the imported contents of a random suburban family's home were removed and they were asked to live without these things for 1 week.

I can tell you....there was practically nothing left in the house.

All electrical appliances, white goods, linen, towels, toys, most of their clothing, furniture, most of their food and car was removed.

They were amazed at how many items were manufactured overseas....including things that were labeled "Made in Australia" were still made of imported parts...etc.

The unfortunate problem is the manufacturing cost determines the retail value...and there is just no comparison between local and off-shore production costs.

If a business cannot be competative....it simply will not survive.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Don't feel alone, the US is in the exact same boat as Australia. Maybe the solution is to buy less? Why do we need all the stuff we buy anyway ... comfort??

OneLight

Guest shiloh357

Kat, kat, kat.

You leave me speechless, sometimes, i must say. I like how passionate you are but bear in mind regardless of your opinion, the businesses who outsource have got businesses to run, and if outsourcing is cheaper than keeping it within the country, then they should outsource. It's just good business sense.

And what's wrong with buying from China? Should we stop import/export from countries we dont like?

Would you be saying that if it was your job that got outsourced? I know people whose jobs have been outsourced, and they are hurting.

But hey, if a company can make a financial killing, I guess it's ok.

Actually, a job i had did get outsourced. I was in a customer service position which outsourced its entire enterprise to india because its cheaper. I just got another job.

If you were the CEO of a company, and business was booming, and some one came to you and said "I know how we can cut costs and boost the budget, we outsource." You wouldn't do it? Perspective, is really all it is. For the jobs created in India, outsourcing is terrific. For the people who lose their jobs, its horrible. For the CEO's, the CFO's, its brilliant.

All in perspective.

And you side with the CEOs. It is not just a matter of losing jobs. I have seen the devestation caused by outsourcing. I had a job that went to Mexico. I was young about 22, and able to find another job. However, there were many people who had given their lives to the company. They lost their retirement, their health benefits, and were too old for anyone to see them as hirable in this town. Over 1,100 people in less than thirty days of discovering they had no jobs were left out in the cold some were able to find training for other jobs, but again, were too old and even if they got a new job, their starting pay was 1/3 or less of what they were previously making, and their health benefits were next to nothing.

Incidentally, that compnay (Zenith Televisions) has already left Mexico and is trying to retransplant in the US due to the poor quality and low work ethic they had to contend with (something they did not factor into their "brilliant" move).