• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

This doesn't surprise me really. People don't want to read and study, they want their beliefs spoon fed to them, preferably by the "celeb of the month". They don't want to admit that anything they do is wrong, or that there are consequences for their actions. Its all peace and love and feel good, but when you dig through all of the "fluff" what its really about is...........all about me.............me, me, me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

This doesn't surprise me really. People don't want to read and study, they want their beliefs spoon fed to them, preferably by the "celeb of the month". They don't want to admit that anything they do is wrong, or that there are consequences for their actions. Its all peace and love and feel good, but when you dig through all of the "fluff" what its really about is...........all about me.............me, me, me.

Wow Scarlet. That was dead-on! Good job! :noidea:

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I wonder just what she truly believes and follows personally.

I'd reckon....the 'dollar'.

Amen. That is so very true. It's no surprise to me that studies have shown that the most generous people when it comes to giving to charity are the middle (and below) class. The rich hoard their money. It has become their "god."

While it is not a sin to be rich, Jesus had insight when he said it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Oprah's school for girls in Africa just went through a very embarrassing moment.

I wonder if Oprah considers what that teacher did not a sin or not evil.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

wow... i would hope and pray people got there Bibles out and let the Holy Spirit lead them and teach them what is the truth... what a day we live in when oprah can sway people on so many things... do we not have minds of our own... and i agree we need the whole armor of God on us ......

God bless sister vicki

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

WELL I WILL AMEN THAT!!!!!

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The reason people like Oprah do not believe the Bible is this. If they did believe the Bible, they would have to conform to it and it is this they do not want to do. Many like Oprah, the rich and famous, also claim that the Bible is a contraversial book and very hard to understand. This also is not true.

The Bible is a simple book to understand because it was given by God to be understood by the simple. Jesus thanked God that the truths of the Bible were hidden from the worldly wise who refused to believe, and stated that God has "revealed them unto babes" (Matt. 11:25-27).

Jesus gives the reason the truths are hidden from anyone because they refuse to humble themselves to believe and to conform to the Bible. Read it for yourselves; . . . .

"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive. For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them" (Matt. 13:10-17).

Jesus speakes of the devil taking the Word from the hearts of men lest it should bring forth fruit; "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side" (Matt. 13:19-23).

No man can get the vastness of the Bible at once. The most simple beginners can understand the Bible one line at a time, for this is the way it was given, and it is the best way to understand it.

" Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken" (Isa. 28:9-13).

God is a God of mercy, a God of love, and Justice and God can not, and will not judge people based on a book written in such a way as to confuse people, or which needs interpretation by experts.

Anyone who understands the most simple human language can undserstand what it says. Every time any group of persons reads a particular part of the Bible they all read the same thing. If they should read it again, it would still be the same. If they were asked what the passage says they could all do it without exception. If they can tell what it says, and if they can read what it says, then they can all believe what it says; and that is all that is necessary to understand the Bible.

A God who could not make Himself clear, or had to be interpreted evey time He said something, would be no God at all. Almost any human being can express themselves clearly enough to be understood. Furthermore, a God who could could make Himself clear and chose to do otherwise in such a way as to confuse and hide from man those things He seeks to reveal to man, would not be worth hearing. A God that gave man a revelation and deliberately sought to hide it from man, and then judge him for not being able to understand it, would be a tyrant and not a God of love and justice.

Many ask, how was the Bible given to man?

Well, over fourty different authors wrote the sixty six books of the Bible during a period of over 1,800 years; and they all had one theme, and that is, the revealation and redemption of the human race by God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. These books were written by men from all walks of life such as kings, priests, judges, lawyers, princes, shepherds, soldiers, courtiers, statesmen, musicians, inventors, singers, poets, preachers, prophets, fishermen, farmers, tent makers, publicans, physicians, richmen and poor men. They were written in many various lands of three continents, Europe, Asia, and Africa. They were written in different ages by many men, some who never ever saw each other or even knew what the others wrote on the same subjecs, yet when their writings became one book, there is not one contradiction among them.

There is perfect unity between all the books of the Bible, which speak of the hundreds of subjects in the realm of religion, politics, science, etc. This proves there is one divine author for all the sixty-six books. Who but a divine author could produce such a work. This is why the rich and famous refuse to believe God's Word, and they make up their own rules regarding what they want to believe.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

wow... i would hope and pray people got there Bibles out and let the Holy Spirit lead them and teach them what is the truth... what a day we live in when oprah can sway people on so many things... do we not have minds of our own... and i agree we need the whole armor of God on us ......

God bless sister vicki

Many people are grappling for some form of spirituality in their lives. Unfortunately they are looking in all the wrong places. And someone like Oprah is an influential individual...and supposedly someone for many to aspire to. (Doesn't she have it all?) :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

wel after reading this i am some how know what oprah peddels in her live show that is broadcasted in Australia as i some times watch dr phill and then she comes on after dr phil i am free to do this as i clean 4 hrs a day and i am home by say 9.30 or 10 am and then i have the rest of the day to my self a lot of people worship oprah and belive in everything she says on her show she gives away cash she gives away goodies and prizes on her show to wear she is even came on this show desperate house wives but did not last long in the show i have friends that are hooked on this show and i was able to see wear she appeard in desperate house wives she even has john bonjovi and many talanted people in the music industry following her and around last year did a similar thing to what she is peddling know by reading what has been left in this thread i sort of tuned in and i just could not stop cracking up

it was on posative thoughts and beliving that you wil be rich if you only think it picture your self in the near futer with house car that you have always wanted or that holiday or that partner as it talked on even relationships

she is wel known around the world and what i feel we as christians should be doing is praying for oprahs savlavtion as i feel if some one well known in the body who is up their with the best in the music industry or acting can reach out to oprah she wil be a power full weapon for the kingdom of god

this is not new it says these things wil happen in the last days we have this in our comunity with the new age movement living hear in the farming comunity i live in so i am aware of what oprah is going to peddle

we just need to be strong our selves we need to ground our selves in gods word and not let false doctrine or false teaching to prevent us from doing what god expects us to do we stil have a voice and i feel we should be able to use the voice god has given us to spread his word even though we do not like what is happening know

i found this intresting yet i sort of new this was about to happen al we can do is join as one and use our god given gift and that is pray for those poor souls that will fall for this trap that the enemy is about to do threw oprah and pray that the lonley the single mothers that do listen to this show get the chance to hear the true gospel

thanks from your brother in the lord damien