Help please

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Natt, I agree that this is an opportunity for you. Can I assume that you were in the church by your first post? If you were, then you already know some, if not a lot, of their beliefs. Since you left the church, there had to be a reason why. If these reasons are their doctrine, then remember these reasons. If not, then the suggestion on understanding their beliefs is a good one. Know your enemy, even if they show love. I say enemy because they do not follow God and follow false doctrine.

Pray that the Holy Spirit guide your words as you witness. Be sure you have your full armor of God in place and with strength.

God Be With You,

OneLight

Hi OneLight

I was in the church. I left when I discovered that their version of the history of the church (regarding polygamy) was not the truth. I didn't believe the bible as being translated properly then (as most Mormons) so doctrine differences was not such a problem as it is now. I do understand their beliefs.

Jesus also said Love your Enemy. I will be very careful and be in prayer over this.

Another concern is the 'familiar spirit' aspect. I don't know if it would be right to invite them in because of this.

The more I think about it the more I see I need prayer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Another concern is the 'familiar spirit' aspect. I don't know if it would be right to invite them in because of this.

Also by allowing conversation with them, I will probably be asked if they can bring their missionaries over. These missionaries are trained at deceiving.

I am suspicious of why they are now visiting. Mormons work on your emotions.

You've got my curiosity up now about these 3 points in your post. Can you explain these?

I will pray, too.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You can always say: "Much as I appreciate that you firmly believe your religion, and wish to share with me, that which means most to you, I have to tell you that I just do NOT accept the Nephite books as works from the Lord. I believe ONLY the Bible to be God's inspired Word, and I do NOT believe Joseph Smith was a prophet."

If worse comes to worse just tell them that their problem is: "You can't tell a 'prophet' from a 'loss'!"

Or just answer the door in your 'birthday suit'!

:emot-hug:

Also by allowing conversation with them, I will probably be asked if they can bring their missionaries over. These missionaries are trained at deceiving.

I am suspicious of why they are now visiting. Mormons work on your emotions.

You've got my curiosity up now about these 3 points in your post. Can you explain these?

I will pray, too.

The Book of Mormon carry a familiar spirit and the bible says have nothing to do with them.

The Mormon missionaries are polite, well turned out young men. Many also don't know they are being deceptive. For more info You Tube have some good videos (Lying for the Lord)

Emotion-Mormons first make people feel good. They are good at this.

http://www.lds4u.com/Discussions/commitment.htm

Thanks for the prayers

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Natt My take on your situation is that your uneasiness, if I'm reading it right, is that your wondering if the commitment level of your previous Morman friends and their community, is causing you to wonder if maybe you've left a faith that you should consider returning to.

The problem I see with that is that your basing your sense of which way to gravitate toward on the performance of two people groups (Mormans and christians).

You need to follow the truth only. Regardless of how poorly you've witnessed some christians behave, Jesus said I am the way. THe only way. Ask Jesus what he thinks you should do? If you learned once that Mormanism was I lie. What changed? From what I can see, the only thing that changed was your sense of who's doing a better job of being more devoted and caring.

If in your experience the lie is being sold better than the truth, does that mean you should consider putting yourself and family under the lie. Of course not.

Lord I pray for Natt and his family. I pray lord you shut the enemies mouth from speaking lies into his mind and confusing his mind. Lord I pray you send your spirit to give him a sense of confidence in your truth. Send angels to guard and protect. Turn away the enemy. And lord send those christian brothers and sisters into Natts life to build him and his family up graft them into the body of christ more than they are now. amen

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Natt if your feeling a check in your spirit about inviting them into your home. DON'T

Natt My take on your situation is that your uneasiness, if I'm reading it right, is that your wondering if the commitment level of your previous Morman friends and their community, is causing you to wonder if maybe you've left a faith that you should consider returning to.

The problem I see with that is that your basing your sense of which way to gravitate toward on the performance of two people groups (Mormans and christians).

You need to follow the truth only. Regardless of how poorly you've witnessed some christians behave, Jesus said I am the way. THe only way. Ask Jesus what he thinks you should do? If you learned once that Mormanism was I lie. What changed? From what I can see, the only thing that changed was your sense of who's doing a better job of being more devoted and caring.

If in your experience the lie is being sold better than the truth, does that mean you should consider putting yourself and family under the lie. Of course not.

Lord I pray for Natt and his family. I pray lord you shut the enemies mouth from speaking lies into his mind and confusing his mind. Lord I pray you send your spirit to give him a sense of confidence in your truth. Send angels to guard and protect. Turn away the enemy. And lord send those christian brothers and sisters into Natts life to build him and his family up graft them into the body of christ more than they are now. amen

I don't intend to return to them. I miss the friends I made there. I am going to try to reach out to them. I am concerned spiritually though.

:rolleyes:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Natt

Here is something to hold true.

Ephesians 6:10-20

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

Natt

Here is something to hold true.

Ephesians 6:10-20

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints