Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Persons of great financial means are like fat cells on the Body of Christ. You need some to live, and they can help during times of famine, but out of control, they turn into grotesque fatty tumors which sap the strength of the Body.

:P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

WOW Leonard ... very descriptive! :P

No doubt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Persons of great financial means are like fat cells on the Body of Christ. You need some to live, and they can help during times of famine, but out of control, they turn into grotesque fatty tumors which sap the strength of the Body.

The Lord does caution those who are rich in this worlds goods not to be high minded and to be ready to help those in need.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

:emot-handshake:

Amen, Amen & Amen again Leonard

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Does anyone besides me get tired of hearing that same old dried up prosperity teaching that seems to dominate the

television ministries these days? Don't get me wrong, I love those who are teaching and preaching, and God forbid that

I judge anyone for I too could fall into the same temptation. But today I just had my fill so I began to study the poor,as

written in the Word.

No where have I read how Jesus told the rich man to sell all he had and give to the poor and you will

be even more rich! No...Jesus told him to take up his cross because that rich young ruler had set his heart on his finances

rather than on the Lord and the things of God. Is todays prosperity teachings causing much of the church to set its heart

on finances? I believe it is. The poor in the church are actually being chastened for being poor!

But the Bible says...

Romans 15:26

For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

And look at what Paul said here in 2Corinthians 6:10 "But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs in distresses...

as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; AS POOR, yet making many rich (not financially!)

When I look at the saints at the time of Christ and how they suffered, how they gave up everything to follow Jesus, not

expecting to gain bigger houses or fat bank accounts, but to reach a lost world for Christ.

Where is the priority message of salvation on our televisions?

It was always my belief that the Lord gave us t.v ministries to reach lost souls! How can that lost, lonely

person in a motel room late at night relate to someone preaching the message of sowing and reaping? (as taught today on nothing but finances most of the time)

How can that lost soul that has no home and is living out of a suicase in his

car be ministered to if all he hears is send me this and you will get that?!

People are dying all around us. Jesus is the answer! Yet no one even has the courage to put a bumper sticker on their car

anymore that has John 3:16 on is because after all, they might have to let their light shine, too!

And here is what truly got me today when I heard some saint make a statement like we are God's children so we

shouldn't be poor...we should be decked out in the best of the best...we shouldn't have to even look at a price tag..............and ofcourse lets don't forget the Lord had laid up the wealth of the wicked for us...

yes that is true...now look at Jesus...He is right now preparing a mansion

in glory for us...the things of this world will all pass away...but the wealth that is laid up in heaven will be eternal.

James 2:5-6

***"Listen my beloved brethren, has not God chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of

the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor man..."***

It all boils down to this sowing and reaping principle: If you sow to the flesh you will reap corruption;

but it if you sow to the Spirit, you will reap life everlasting.

Love people! Let them know their is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun! Jesus showed us how to live and told us how to live and even sent us His Spirit to give us the power to live it! I pray if anyone reading this is bound up by this worlds stuff and the desire to get, get, get...that the Lord would set you free and make you a true blessing to that lost soul that needs to hear an un-watered down gospel.

I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me so that can I give when I see a need. But my motive has to be one of love. ...there was a time in my life that all I had to give was "the poor widows mite". You have no idea of the sacrifice it took to give out of my need when I had hungry babies to feed...but the love of the Lord and a willing heart turned that sacrifice into praise as I took joy in giving...and my babies never went without...even if it wasn't the most expensive on the market.

I love giving to the Lord! I know He will take care of me because He said if I seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, He will supply all my needs. I don't have to sow finances to get finances. I do have to sow to the Spirit to have life... And sometimes the Father just delites in giving me something special that I just wanted cause I wanted it :-)

May each of you prosper today...in a heavenly way. Godliness with contentment if great gain!

Yes, yes, yes!!! I get so tired of it. Here are some that really get me!:

+ "By his stripes we are healed." Yes, but many of them interpret this to mean, we are healed of our poverty and our diseases.

+ They say that we should demand what we want. Well, the Scripture says to ask according to His will.

+ They say we are to "seed our faith" by giving to their ministry, as if that is suppose to help us get what we want.

Is that what Christianity is all about? Getting what we want? No, No, No.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  166
  • Birthday:  11/25/1981

And that seems to be where the prosperity theology of today fails Christians and believers: with moderation. These misguided ideas being injected into the minds of those who are listening is detrimental to their understanding of the real meaning behind Christ's message. However, Christ did tell the "haves" to give to the "have nots," but not because reward is reciprocated, but because of the joy that is being given to those in need.

Money is essential to life. It can't buy love or salvation, but it ranks right up there with oxygen. It is necessary. And there's no merit in poverty. Poverty does NOT equal humility, or salvation, nor are the two attached to poverty. This isn't to say that humility or salvation are attached or related to wealth or affluence, either. Jesus' poverty wasn't what ensured his righteousness and humility. Those were traits of his own character, because he was perfect. Likewise, the wealthy won't perish because of their wealth, but because they don't know Jesus, they don't have salvation. Neither will the poor and poverty-stricken be saved because of their poverty. It's purely a matter of where the heart is.

The financial condition of a person, be it affluence or poverty, doesn't ensure their spiritual humility or guarantee their salvation. Moderation is what's needed and for those Christians who have millions of dollars, such as the Joel Osteen's and the T.D. Jake's of the Church, and I think the more important question is not, "are they rich?" But are they doing things like what this Christian is doing with his money? If you have as much money as the guy on this website - who heads this project - does, you could learn something very valuable about possessing so much material wealth and what giving without expecting to get anything in return is all about. It's obvious that his material possessions haven't gone to his head.

• Content Count:  158
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

Reminds me of the part in the scripture where Jesus tells a man he needs to sell everything he owns to be able to follow him. I have been heavily burdened lately about financial issues. I realize im not rich, yet im comfortable. But- Desire more. Now I question if im being greedy by wanting my own home and other things in this life. Its really a weighing burden on my heart. Is it wrong to desire good things in this life while others are starving to death in other parts of the world, even in our own Country :emot-hug:

Heatherxoxoxox :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  166
  • Birthday:  11/25/1981

Reminds me of the part in the scripture where Jesus tells a man he needs to sell everything he owns to be able to follow him. I have been heavily burdened lately about financial issues. I realize im not rich, yet im comfortable. But- Desire more. Now I question if im being greedy by wanting my own home and other things in this life. Its really a weighing burden on my heart. Is it wrong to desire good things in this life while others are starving to death in other parts of the world, even in our own Country :emot-wanttohug:

Heatherxoxoxox :th_praying:

I can't imagine it would be against God's will for us to want more, so long as we also desire to GIVE more. We can't truly have peace of mind without all of our basic needs met. If we have God, we do indeed have everything, but that doesn't mean we should be irresponsible when it comes to acquiring more than others have, simply because of guilt. Besides, how does it glorify God if we choose to live in poverty or have less than we're capable of having, because we're confused by guilt? Having more than others shouldn't elicit guilt, but rather, joy and peace, because we can aid others in need. People often look at the wealthy as greedy, and sometimes this is the case, but I know many affluent individuals who have done more good for this world - because they had the material resources to do so - than most of us could ever dream of. Some of us may serve no different purpose in life other than to spread the news of the Gospels throughout our communities and workplaces. Others may have a different purpose, the purpose of giving to others from their "deep pockets" and resources. The man I mentioned above, Frank McKinney, is certainly a fine example of this.

Great good can be done with money. It's easy to get carried away with the popular idea that desiring to have more is greedy, but this isn't necessarily what desire amounts to. When there is a desire to improve the lives of others as well, possibly even a church in need, or inner city children in need of clothes, food, or education, I fail to see the greed in that.

I'm not saying you should get all-consumed with the desire for wanting more. Take it up with God, don't fight it alone, with only your guilt. That won't get you very far.

Let me ask you this: Would you still feel guilty if YOU had the resources to help those who you talk about who have so little, who are starving to death and homeless?

• Content Count:  158
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

Reminds me of the part in the scripture where Jesus tells a man he needs to sell everything he owns to be able to follow him. I have been heavily burdened lately about financial issues. I realize im not rich, yet im comfortable. But- Desire more. Now I question if im being greedy by wanting my own home and other things in this life. Its really a weighing burden on my heart. Is it wrong to desire good things in this life while others are starving to death in other parts of the world, even in our own Country :emot-wanttohug:

Heatherxoxoxox :th_praying:

I can't imagine it would be against God's will for us to want more, so long as we also desire to GIVE more. We can't truly have peace of mind without all of our basic needs met. If we have God, we do indeed have everything, but that doesn't mean we should be irresponsible when it comes to acquiring more than others have, simply because of guilt. Besides, how does it glorify God if we choose to live in poverty or have less than we're capable of having, because we're confused by guilt? Having more than others shouldn't elicit guilt, but rather, joy and peace, because we can aid others in need. People often look at the wealthy as greedy, and sometimes this is the case, but I know many affluent individuals who have done more good for this world - because they had the material resources to do so - than most of us could ever dream of. Some of us may serve no different purpose in life other than to spread the news of the Gospels throughout our communities and workplaces. Others may have a different purpose, the purpose of giving to others from their "deep pockets" and resources. The man I mentioned above, Frank McKinney, is certainly a fine example of this.

Great good can be done with money. It's easy to get carried away with the popular idea that desiring to have more is greedy, but this isn't necessarily what desire amounts to. When there is a desire to improve the lives of others as well, possibly even a church in need, or inner city children in need of clothes, food, or education, I fail to see the greed in that.

I'm not saying you should get all-consumed with the desire for wanting more. Take it up with God, don't fight it alone, with only your guilt. That won't get you very far.

Let me ask you this: Would you still feel guilty if YOU had the resources to help those who you talk about who have so little, who are starving to death and homeless?

I guess not. Thank you for your insight- I have been seeing alot of poverty lately. So im beginning to question if im greedy buying nice things for myself and my family when others dont even have clean water to drink or bath in.

Heatherxoxox :wub: