IGNORED

Christians, tell your children there is no Santa Claus

freedfromsin

i hear this whole "santa can be transposed to read satan" every year. well, if you transpose the letters that form the word God, you get dog, but it doesn't change the fact that God is God and dogs are canines, does it? santa is no more demonic than mother goose.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

While I find the whole transposing thing as something meaningless, however amusing it may or may not be, it doesn't change the fact that lying about Santa or anything else does fall under the the category of a Satan clause.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

i hear this whole "santa can be transposed to read satan" every year. well, if you transpose the letters that form the word God, you get dog, but it doesn't change the fact that God is God and dogs are canines, does it? santa is no more demonic than mother goose.

I agree with you on the santa, satan-dog,God semantics. Santa is a false idol that is given reverance, homage or respects to. This matters for Christians.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

sierra, will you clarify something for me? your last post pretty much confirmed what i already thought, having not recalled seeing you ever say that you have told your children santa is real. but just for clarification... has there ever been a time when you have told your children that yes, santa really does exist? let me put it another way. have you ever told your children that lie?

I don't kids yet LC- though I'm expecting and hoping santa will bring me an early christmas present LOL (sorry I couldn't resist).

And you're exactly working on my point. I don't think it's ever going to be necessary for me to sit down and tell my kids: "Yes, theres a santa, you should believe in him and everything that goes along with it!!!" All I'm saying is that if my kids choose to believe in it, I'm not going to ruin the fun of the story. It's as simple as that.

Last time I checked, that wasn't lying to your kids. And if God ever spoke to me and told me that it was wrong of me to do this, then I would handle the situation at thus time. As of now, I think Santa is no different than any other fairytale I will likely sit down with my kids and read to them before bed.

sierra, will you clarify something for me? your last post pretty much confirmed what i already thought, having not recalled seeing you ever say that you have told your children santa is real. but just for clarification... has there ever been a time when you have told your children that yes, santa really does exist? let me put it another way. have you ever told your children that lie?

I don't kids yet LC- though I'm expecting and hoping santa will bring me an early christmas present LOL (sorry I couldn't resist).

And you're exactly working on my point. I don't think it's ever going to be necessary for me to sit down and tell my kids: "Yes, theres a santa, you should believe in him and everything that goes along with it!!!" All I'm saying is that if my kids choose to believe in it, I'm not going to ruin the fun of the story. It's as simple as that.

Last time I checked, that wasn't lying to your kids. And if God ever spoke to me and told me that it was wrong of me to do this, then I would handle the situation at thus time. As of now, I think Santa is no different than any other fairytale I will likely sit down with my kids and read to them before bed.

yep, that's where i was headed. and i agree.

like i said previously... i never taught my kids to believe, and frankly, i didn't even know until they were adults that they DID believe in santa when they were kids. but if i had known that they believed in him, i wouldn't have said "stop! it's a lie! you can't believe in him!" i didn't teach them the lie and i don't know who did, but they chose to believe it, and it did them no harm.

Vickilyn said:

Listen Sierra, you need to know that I don't care WHAT man's logic says. You see, I care what G-D says. You can justify it all day long and it still is wrong to lie, whether that lie makes your children happy or not. G-d's ways are not negotiable. They CHOOSE to believe? You, as a parent are responsible for telling them the truth that Santa is not real. If you don't, it's ther same as if you DID sit down and lie to them. You know they believe a lie and you are responsible for setting them straight.

Sierra:

No, I disagree. If this were true we would all have to sit around twiddling our thumbs because entertainment as we know it would be nothing more than a "lie" and thus as parents, we should not be advocating that. If you really believe this VL you had better clear out all those books about fairytales, throw out childrens DVD's, and anything that has any connotation to something that isn't "real".

Vickilynn:

So, you willfully and rebelliously choose to perpetuate the lie that Santa is real, even though you know it's a sin? Why don't you go out and steal, murder, commit adultery? Sin is sin. I am amazed that you choose Santa over G-d. That is what I call idolatry. It is very serious.

Sierra:

Where did I say that I am choosing Santa over God?? Christmas is, and will always be, a religious holiday for me and my family. You are quite rude to even insinuate that I might be idolizing Santa. Shame on you.

Vickilynn:

I'm not trying to persuade you to do anything. You will have to answer to Jesus for choosing Santa over G-d and rebelling against G-d's Word. All I can do is share His Word with you and pray for you, and I have done that and will continue. It really scares me that you have chosen an idol over your professed G-d. I pray for you Sierra.

Sierra:

Seriously VL. You get quite angry when people pull the "holier than thou" attitude with you, and thats exactly what card you're playing right now. I know full-heartedly that I am NOT choosing any idol over Christ, and for you to suggest that this is so is nothing more than judgement. Last time I checked that was a sin. Should we argue over that now???

actually, i was really just trying to get clarification on what exactly sierra HAS told her children. i don't recall her ever saying she has told them that santa is real, and since she seems to be in the awkward position of defending herself, i thought i'd give her the opportunity to clear that up.

i may be assuming too much here, but i get the impression from her posts that she has shared the story of santa with them, allowed them to read about him, hear about him, watch movies and cartoons about him, allowed them to sit in his lap for a photo op, or to accept gifts marked from him, but has never said "you'd better be good or santa is going to leave lumps of coal in your stockings" as though it were a true story.

and if i'm correct, then what she HAS done is not wrong in any sense. i'm sure she's probably read her children all sorts of fairy tales over the year, like snow white, or cinderella, just like probably most of us have. (i won't say everyone, because i'm sure someone will pop up and say they've never read such stories to their kids.) kids believe in fairy tales when they're young. all sorts of fairy tales. and allowing them to hear or read or watch fairy tales, whether about santa or cinderella, is not equal to lying.

LYING to the children would be saying "he's real, you better believe it, reindeer really fly and santa really manages to hit every house in the world at the stroke of midnight."

my question has always been this... how does he get into the homes of people who have no fireplace?

Yes ladyc, this is exactly what I mean.

If you want to be a scrooge to your children, or grandchildren, then go right ahead. But as I said before, I am going to foster my childrens imagination and include a special present from Santa under the christmas tree each and every year.

Hey Sierra, Why is a person being a "scrooge" or ruining Christmas by not talking about Santa?

Actually if you go back and read you'll see that I never said this. What I meant was that I believe it's unfair to sit your kids down at Christmas and blow all of their fun by telling them that santa isn't real. I'm not saying you should encourage an unhealthy fixation, but I don't believe any child is going to believe only in santa, when you advocate the very important Christian principles above all else. A little fun with a make-believe character shouldn't (and won't) adversely affect your children if it is approached appropriately. I still maintain that Santa is not unlike any other fairytale character, just that his popularity LOOMS over the christmas season.

I have just read through all 21 pages of this thread. I have seen exhortations to Christians not to lie to their children about Santa Claus...I have seen verbal attacks of the kind I never would have expected out of civilized Christians.

Let me throw this little idea into the mix:

Take the last three letters of Santa and move them around.....and you get SATAN.....

now think about THAT the next time you want to tell a child that Santa is real.

Sorry to rain on every one's parade (and no, I don't have children).

Anita

Oh for goodness sakes....

I honestly can't believe that people subscribe to this kind of junk.