• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/11/1976

(sorry i tried not to make it this long but i couldn't do it otherwise)

i need some guidance on a vision that i had a while ago

but let me give you some background info first:

(the pastor whom administered my baptism and baptism of the SPIRIT told me a while ago that he believes that GOD wants me to do intersession)

when i was still involved with chemicals, in my friend group there was a couple, that i rarely saw, when ever they came to visit i always felt uncomfortable and never knew why, the man in the couple became very ill and my friends told me that he had meningitis... when he got worse, he moved into my friends house (where we used to have "parties") and his girlfriend (sort of) left him.... when i spend time with him alone, i felt at ease. well he past away and i was informed that he was HIV positive and this was why he became ill. after his death i was invited to a party where his (ex) girlfriend was going to be and i went, we hit it off very well and i (i believe we) fell in love....( i believed and still do, that GOD put me on her path for a reason)

well the last couple of months GOD started to work in my life and started making me negative against the chemicals, but this is very troubling for me, for how could GOD put me (that is struggling with chemicals) between people that are doing chemicals, ( if you read some of my earlier posts, you will see where i asked about doing sin for HIS will), and i started a prosess of becoming clean... the more i started getting clean the clearer the will of GOD became to me. i believe know that i am to help all of my friends that is struggleing with chemicals and to sow and sow and sow and sow in their lives. (HE actually showed me this when i gave my heart to HIM the first time but only realized its meaning reasantly)...

Sooooooooo, i still sat with this problem: i am still in love

now the vision:

last week i was in my room and i started praying about leaving the green stuff, and about my feelings for her, first i asked GOD to please make clear to me about her, i asked what HIS will is and to please take this feelings that i have for her away for i would like to help her give her heart to the LORD( i even prayed that i don't care to have a relationship with as long as she gives her heart to the LORD):

GOD spoke to me about a couple of things and i was lying in my bed looking at the clouds when i saw GOD (not in detail) { i can't explain it}... and all of a sudden HE told me HE has a suprise for me.... and i saw my friend that passed away standing beside HIM and my friend told me to go for the relationship and to help her give her heart to the LORD, "go for it"

now a couple of facts:

1) i believe that my friend could be with our LORD as before he died another friend of ours came to see him chased everybody out of the room and started to pray for him and minister to him

2) i realized this week that last saturday it was exactly 6 months to the day that he passed on

3) i believe that GOD has blessed this woman tremendously, as i know that they've had unprotected sex for the last five years, she has gone for several tests in the last +/- 8 months and she is still testing negative for HIV

4) before i went clean, i told her about my feelings, she told me that she is not ready for a relationship, we decided to be friends and if sometime later she feels ready and something develops, good for us

now the following:

i need to be very, very carefull about this as this could cause the greatest happyness

or

it could create a very big sadness, and pain ext

and that is why i have been praying for confirmation......

any advice?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

one day at a time...one step at a time.

I think now is a time for you to strengthen yourself. Develop your relationship with G-d, work towards walking as closely to Him as you can.

Seek the bretheran for fellowship and guidance in study.

Your absence from certain groups will speak volumes.

I continue to Praise G-d for your victories.

I know He will guide you further.

Grace and Peace

your brother in Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

If I read this right, she says "let's be friends", and "I'm not ready", and mixing relationship issues (dating, ect) with an unbeliever is a no no. Be her friend, help her come to Christ, and put on hold any man/woman relationships beyond frinedship until the right timing, and now is definately not yet the right timing.

Many times the real issue with visions and dreams is the aspect of timing, and waiting on the Lord is the perfect scriptural method to see if God will validate the vision or dream. Keep in prayer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

(sorry i tried not to make it this long but i couldn't do it otherwise)

i need some guidance on a vision that i had a while ago

but let me give you some background info first:

(the pastor whom administered my baptism and baptism of the SPIRIT told me a while ago that he believes that GOD wants me to do intersession)

when i was still involved with chemicals, in my friend group there was a couple, that i rarely saw, when ever they came to visit i always felt uncomfortable and never knew why, the man in the couple became very ill and my friends told me that he had meningitis... when he got worse, he moved into my friends house (where we used to have "parties") and his girlfriend (sort of) left him.... when i spend time with him alone, i felt at ease. well he past away and i was informed that he was HIV positive and this was why he became ill. after his death i was invited to a party where his (ex) girlfriend was going to be and i went, we hit it off very well and i (i believe we) fell in love....( i believed and still do, that GOD put me on her path for a reason)

well the last couple of months GOD started to work in my life and started making me negative against the chemicals, but this is very troubling for me, for how could GOD put me (that is struggling with chemicals) between people that are doing chemicals, ( if you read some of my earlier posts, you will see where i asked about doing sin for HIS will), and i started a prosess of becoming clean... the more i started getting clean the clearer the will of GOD became to me. i believe know that i am to help all of my friends that is struggleing with chemicals and to sow and sow and sow and sow in their lives. (HE actually showed me this when i gave my heart to HIM the first time but only realized its meaning reasantly)...

Sooooooooo, i still sat with this problem: i am still in love

now the vision:

last week i was in my room and i started praying about leaving the green stuff, and about my feelings for her, first i asked GOD to please make clear to me about her, i asked what HIS will is and to please take this feelings that i have for her away for i would like to help her give her heart to the LORD( i even prayed that i don't care to have a relationship with as long as she gives her heart to the LORD):

GOD spoke to me about a couple of things and i was lying in my bed looking at the clouds when i saw GOD (not in detail) { i can't explain it}... and all of a sudden HE told me HE has a suprise for me.... and i saw my friend that passed away standing beside HIM and my friend told me to go for the relationship and to help her give her heart to the LORD, "go for it"

now a couple of facts:

1) i believe that my friend could be with our LORD as before he died another friend of ours came to see him chased everybody out of the room and started to pray for him and minister to him

2) i realized this week that last saturday it was exactly 6 months to the day that he passed on

3) i believe that GOD has blessed this woman tremendously, as i know that they've had unprotected sex for the last five years, she has gone for several tests in the last +/- 8 months and she is still testing negative for HIV

4) before i went clean, i told her about my feelings, she told me that she is not ready for a relationship, we decided to be friends and if sometime later she feels ready and something develops, good for us

now the following:

i need to be very, very carefull about this as this could cause the greatest happyness

or

it could create a very big sadness, and pain ext

and that is why i have been praying for confirmation......

any advice?

Many times the real issue with visions and dreams is the aspect of timing, and waiting on the Lord is the perfect scriptural method to see if God will validate the vision or dream. Keep in prayer.

My exact thoughts!

Wait upon the Lord visions can be future events! As a new believer and where you came from you really need lots of time alone in prayer with the Lord. Marriage or a relationship with an unsaved person could pull you back into the world you left behind! So wait upon the Lord he will guide you and it will be glorious! :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I have a couple of questions. First, about your friend who died. I am sorry; it isn't easy to loose a friend. Now, you said that someone prayed with him prior to his death. Did your friend accept Jesus? I hope so, but if he hadn't accepted Jesus prior to death....well....he wouldn't have been with our Lord.

My next question is about the girlfriend. Is she doing drugs? What are her feelings toward Jesus? Before you start any relationship with her, she really needs to be drug free and a Christian. Witness to her. Pray for her. But wait on any dating until she has her life in order. She wants to wait, so honor her wishes, but be the best witness for Christ that you can in your words and actions.

My next question is about you. How strong are you? Are you studying your Bible daily? Are you attending a Christ centered, Bible believing church? This is going to be the greatest defense against slipping back into drugs (a bad witness for Christ) and a relationship that does not honor God.

Now, I don't doubt your vision, but let me caution you a bit. The enemy wants to come between you and your walk with Christ. If your friend who died had not accepted Christ before he died, then it probably was not a vision from our LORD which you saw. The enemy may be trying to put temptation in your way. I strongly urge you to talk with your pastor. Tell him everything. Pray about this and listen for God's answer and if it is to be, it will be in God's timing. I really do not doubt your vision and don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but Benobi1, you are doing so great and I don't want to see you be tempted to backslide.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/11/1976

I have a couple of questions. First, about your friend who died. I am sorry; it isn't easy to loose a friend. Now, you said that someone prayed with him prior to his death. Did your friend accept Jesus? I hope so, but if he hadn't accepted Jesus prior to death....well....he wouldn't have been with our Lord.

this is a hard question to answer, i don't know if he accepted JESUS, i know that they were trying to bring the child in their lives up to know JESUS, but as i have seen in my own life, you get so caught up in the things of the world that you don't make GOD firstmost and foremost in your life. they are believers, we all are but there is a difference believing in the path and walking the path,

My next question is about the girlfriend. Is she doing drugs? What are her feelings toward Jesus? Before you start any relationship with her, she really needs to be drug free and a Christian. Witness to her. Pray for her. But wait on any dating until she has her life in order. She wants to wait, so honor her wishes, but be the best witness for Christ that you can in your words and actions.

yes she is, a while ago we decided together to stop and start going to church again, but i have realized that she is caught up in it to surpress her emotions, she has had a lot of trauma in her life. i have experienced what GOD can do for you, when you give your life in HIS hands, like the WORD says: lay you burdens onto HIM, i don't think she undertands this.

i don't want to be in a relationship with her if she doesn't give her heart to JESUS. and this is why i have stepped back from the idea of a relationship, but i am still her friend, i care for her very much, and am keeping a low profile and am praying for her a lot, when she is struggleing, i am there for her, she knows that, i give advice, i support her, since GOD brought me back to HIS light, i have stepped to the back ground, sowing. i also believe me being clean now is an example to all of them.

My next question is about you. How strong are you? Are you studying your Bible daily? Are you attending a Christ centered, Bible believing church? This is going to be the greatest defense against slipping back into drugs (a bad witness for Christ) and a relationship that does not honor God.

i am getting stronger everyday, but i don't want to focus on my strength as i am not doing this by my strenght, but by the POWER of GOD through me, every morning when i wake up i try to focus on GOD, before i go to bed i still try and focus on HIM, for any drugaddict it is an hourly battle, daily battle, weekly battle. i am also very carefull of just attending any church as a lot of churches are not equiped to help drugaddicts, and they do more harm than good, ( i am talking out of personal experience)

Now, I don't doubt your vision, but let me caution you a bit. The enemy wants to come between you and your walk with Christ. If your friend who died had not accepted Christ before he died, then it probably was not a vision from our LORD which you saw. The enemy may be trying to put temptation in your way. I strongly urge you to talk with your pastor. Tell him everything. Pray about this and listen for God's answer and if it is to be, it will be in God's timing. I really do not doubt your vision and don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but Benobi1, you are doing so great and I don't want to see you be tempted to backslide.

i know the enemy wants to come between GOD and i, i know that if my friend didn't except JESUS that it can't be true, the enemy is putting temtation in my way every day, but GOD is more important, HE helps me, guides me, strenghtens me(PRAISE HIM) i know my pastor is not equiped to help drugaddicts (by his own admission) there is a pastor in a town close by who is, and i am staying in contact with him on a regular basis. We have done some courses in the past and i am doing it again to freshen up my knowledge. i am trying to get this woman and all of my friends to do this course with me, but that is still going to take a lot of prayer.

in my struggle yesterday i felt so worthless (i know it was the enemy), but GOD reminded me, that i am HIS, and that i am not doing this by my strenght but by HIS. one thing i know GOD is trying to teach me is patience, so yes it will all happen on HIS time, but i would just like to have confirmation so that my heart can be at ease.....

i hope this gives you a little more information

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Benobi1, you are doing great :emot-highfive: Your focus is on Jesus and His will for you. Your heart is to help others out of a bad lifestyle. Stay in prayer and, yes, I think that God is helping you to learn patience. That's such a hard thing for us mere mortals to learn! If your vision was true, then wait on God to work out the details. God is working of your friend, too. Pray for confirmation, pray for guidance, pray for patience, pray for Him to strengthen you. Then thank Him and praise Him.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

"If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

<>< ><>

Nathele

• 3 weeks later...

HI I'M REALLY NEW TO THIS INTERNET STUFF BUT I'M A LITTLE MORE THAN A BABE IN CHRIST. YOUR SITUATION IS QUITE A STICKY ONE. I'LL TELL YOU THIS THOUGH JESUS SAID ' MY SHEEP KNOW MY VOICE AND THEY HEAR WHEN I CALL,' IF YOU KNOW (NOT BELIEVE) IN YOUR HEART IN ALL HONESTY THAT THIS IS THE VOICE OF GOD THAT IS MAKING THIS REQUEST, IF YOU ARE SURE THAT YOU ARE READING THE SIGNS CORRECTLY THEN BY ALL MEANS IN THE NAME OF JESUS PROCEED. IF THERE IS ANY DOUBT IN YOUR MIND AT ALL THEN TAKE TIME AS WE SAY IN TRINI. THE DEVIL CAN COME IN ALL FORMS TO TEMPT US TO SIN. BEWARE AND GOD BLESS!!! :