• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Satan hates it...hates it. can't do anything about it....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Patricia1, you're so right!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to poor in spirit

i am stil weighting for your responce ? i wil be using a lap top to check what has been left hear as i am on a 24hr shift

also sir we are not the ones who have strayed from the faith i am very happy to say do a soap box debate on this issue if you are willing yet i wil have to ask one of the moderating team members to contac you

right now i am at the star house and i am lifting this up to the lord my pastor is going to come over after church and pray with me in the office

if you feel that we have tamperd with 1 corinthians 14 and if you feel strongly that women should be silent in 2007 as the early christian males wear instructed when paul was alive to keep their women silent and if you feel that speaking in tongues should also not be used in 2007 i am very happy to debate this with you

34 let your women keep silent in the churches for they are not permitted to speak but they are to be submissive

as the law also says

35 and if they want to learn something let them ask their own husbands at home for it is shamefull

for women to speak in church

if you feel that these verses i have jotted down from the new spirit filled life bible are for today 2007 this is what you said to me poor in spirit i am stil weighting for you to acknowledge why paul said women are not allowed to speak in tongues you also said becaus they cant and you also said they are not allowed to speak in church and you also said this poor in spirit you guys are the ones that have changed by not only departing from the faith but the instructions on the use of speaking in tongues

well if this verse in 1 corinthians 14 verse 39 Therefore brethren desire earnestly to prophesy and do not forbid to speak in tongues

it is written in plain ink poor in sprit for ever one in the world who buys a bible and as i said many translations of tbe bible are sold threw out the world every day poor in spirit new bibles are printed and even in diffrent languages so that no one misses out on hearing what jesus did for the world when he was nailed to the cross

the kings james bible is not number 1 poor in spirit and those that publish the bible feel that other translations also should be printed i am not the one who is stuck in the past brother i am not the one who has a demon in me i am not the one who has twisted what paul says in 1 corinthians 14 and also if a pastor says i want all those that are placed under my care to hear nothing but the truth and i want every single person man and women to be open to what paul says in 1 corinthians 14 on the gift of speaking in tongues are you going to be brave enough brother

to type up a letter and post this to every evangelical church and adress it to the evangelical pastors also are you going to type up a letter to every assemblys of god church world wide not just in your country and tell every penticostal pastor that has been placed to shepherd gods people with in the aog movement that they should throw out 1 corinthians 14 also poor in spirit wil you type up another letter and send this to every single christian out reach center church with in america as their are sevral christian out reach centers planted in america and also with in australia and ask each pastor to throw 1 corinthians 14 out the window and then tel the pastors it is not permitted for the women to be active with in gods house or to seek the gift of speaking in tongues

also their are a lot of apostolic churches that use these gifts and their are sevral unitting churches bapist charasmatic churches and anglican charasmatic churches that use these gifts and speak in tongues and do not forbid no one but run night services

wel sir are you brave enough to do this if you feel that god has given you this gift to correct us also with in Aisa and in my partners country the philippines these people also belive in 1 corinthians 14 and speak in tongues

boy you must be one very special man to say openly on a christian forum that god has given you this vision

i am very happy poor in spirit to debate this issue with you in a soap box set up hear on worthy if you are willing to do this it wil be just me and you brother how does this sound to you ?

i am praying right know brother and i wil come back sunday afternoon and see what your responce is poor in spirit as i would love to debate why women should be silent in gods house and why women should not speak in tongues

are you willing to do this with me brother yet you wil need to contac one of the moderating team members on worthy and ask them to contac me or i wil do this from my side and contac a team member from worthy my self

peace brother

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

The defense that God does not change to validate the continuing use of tongues is a not an excuse to continue practising tongues with no interpretation and out of order.

God doesn't change, but conditions regarding us do change.

Before the Flood, man and animals were vegetarians. After the Flood, that changed. Noticed that God decreed it os before the Flood and decreed differemtly after the Flood.

Genesis 1: 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Then after the Flood:

Genesis 9: 1And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Now.. note the decree God gave to Noah and his sons. No one else. We know that God decreed them specifically to multiply and replenish the earth, because they were the only ones there. Note the commandments later given when God changed the decrees because the conditions regarding the first decree was now different in Leviticus 18 for there were more people that it would be a sin to marry within the family. Note all that was decreed as an abomination from that point on.

Leviticus 18: 1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God. 3After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances. 4Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.5Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD. 6None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.....9The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

BUT before Leviticus 18 was decreed, what did Abraham do?

Genesis 20: 11And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake. 12And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Abraham did not commit incest because the conditions for the decree in Leviticus 18 had not been reached yet for there were yet not enough people to give it yet. Out of the land of Egypt, the Israelites came as a multitude.. a people.. a nation. Thus the decree was not issued not to marry within the family as described in Leviticus chapters 6 thru 18.

God also made this drecree:

Genesis 9: 12And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 15And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. 17And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

We still have floods world-wide to even tsunamis, but His decree still stands as there is no world-wide flood since the decree.

The point? Saying God does not change in regards to the use of tongues is not a validation that tongues are continuing. If we are edified by the Word, and tongues were given as a sign for the unbelievers for them to hear the Word understood, and tongues in the assembly is to be accompanied by an interpretor as all manifestations of the Spirit are given to profit the body withal thus tongues alone is fruitless without understanding, and with the KJV Bible right there for us to seek the scriptures to learn of Him, as prophesy is to be sought over tongues, then the use of tongues has ceased because the conditions for them has ceased.

Well, at least you got through one post without raising the KJV up on high.

Your Before flood/After flood premise or "type' is 100% bogus unless you can show scripture that plainly says the gift of tongues changed, and/or ceased at some point, which you cannot. The simple fact is you still can show absolutely no scripture to back up what you claim. You can call it "changed" "ceased" "heresy" all you want, it is just labels you yourself are tacking on to it, and they are meaningless.

The quote I bolded. . . You've been to every church in the world that believes in speaking in tongues? You must be a very busy person! Unless you have been to every church that believes in the gift of tongues, spoken with every person who believes in the gift, making a blanket statement that the gift is being used wrong is whistling in the wind. And since you think this gift does not exist, I am fairly confident you don't hang around a lot of places where this gift is used, so exactly how do you know it's not being used properly? Some TVangelist? Or simply word of mouth, or perhaps assumption?

Been around it in the past. Didn't see it used properly then either. No "have two or three speak in tongues and have one interpet". No "two or three prophesy and one judge".

Bottomline... get two or three linguists and have them make recordings. If no interpretation, then what? That was the heavenly language? Pretty convenient to get out of discerning tongues whatsoever, and yet you are called to test the spirits. If there are other tongues in the world like in hinduism and voodooism, then if I had tongues, I'd make sure I had the Biblical tongues or none at all. Most of the tongues defenders are speaking of praying to the Spirit and Spirit worship. Just how is that not the same as the world's?

The indwelling Holy Spirit points us to Jesus to lead us to testify of Jesus and to glorify Jesus Christ... the indwelling Holy Spirit would not speak of himself but yet so many tongues defenders are by placing the Holy Spirit in the worship place as if to be felt in the worship place, thus there goes anothe r test of the spirit when you can't tell if that is the Holy Spirit out there or some other spitrit, but yet scriptures says you will know Him by Him being in you.. so where is the hypocrisey of calling for the Holy Spirit to come when He is in you? And to pray to the Holy Spirit as if Jesus is not the only Mediator between God and man. If that is not the departure from the faith... if that is not going after another spirit to receive other than the the Spirit you had received for coming to Jesus to be saved... if that is not giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils... in the way they seek after other spirits... if tongues with no interpretation is not the grand delusion for believing a lie in doing that as apart from the sanctification of the Spirit and the belief of the truth for which you have obtained your salvation by Jsus Christ the Lord... then I don't know what else is there is that could fit the prophesy of these last days.

No really. Stop right there. Don't be so quick to type a ready made response to defend tongues again as if that is the defending the faith in Jesus... cause it is not. Your buddies that you seek to defend are not the ones that going to take the responsibility off of you to take this to the Lord Jesus in prayer .. speaking plainly... and use the KJ Bible to make sure you are abiding in Him as well as discerning the subject for which scriptures has declared and forewarned believers in testing the spirits because there are many false prophets that has gone out into the world.

Continue to rebuff, then you have no excuse to when He appears for being left behind... because you did not see that I was defending the faith in Jesus Christ against the means they got this other tongues and their abuse of this gibberish tongues in the church by ignoring the instructions given for it.

YOU don't have to go FAR now to see this, do you? But yet you will need Jesus to discern the truth.

Poor In Spirit,

I was led to Jesus by witnessing the prayer of a Christian woman who suddenly started speaking in an unknown tongue while praying. An unexpected 'force' took control over my body and made me whirl around my own leaving me utterly astonished. I did not fall or faint, I did not feel possessed or out of my physical self. I was just the spectator of something happening in my own body for which I did not have any credit nor control. I don't know how it happened but it did. I also witnessed miracles in another one or two occasions of her speaking in tongues while praying.

For a time I grew increasingly negative about this gift because it did not 'feel' genuine with certain people but then I had a closer look at Paul's teachings and at Jesus saying: "Therefore I say to you, All kinds of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men." (Matt. 12:31) That's why I have withdrawn judgement about it. If it is genuine it comes from God; if it is not God's God Himself will take care of the imposters.

I don't have this gift and I don't crave for it. Neither I value more or less the Christian status of those who possess it or lack it. My only conviction is that it should come spontaneously by God's Will and not by focused training as some congregations do.

Blessings.

Hi Jorge,

Actually, you are called to test the spirits. 1 John 4:1-7

I was in such a meeting and all that happened was I got pushed from behind three times by an unseen force. So what? What is the edification in that? Are not all the manifestations of the Spirit listed and given for what purpose? 1 Corinthians 12:7-11

I went to an Ernest Angeley Crusade way back in High School. I went up for a healing for my being hard of hearing in my right ear and deaf in my left ear. They address the Holy Spirit to come down as if needed. Nothing happened other than a tickling sensation in my deaf ear for which I admiitted to as the crowd applauded.

The next day, I came home from school really tired. I layed down on my bed for a nap. When I woke up, there was a buzzing like the sound of alot of electricity in the room. I was paralyzed. I could not move. I tried to move even my hands.. and I could not. Then I prayed to Jesus for help. Then I was able to flick my right wrist. Then the left one. Then I was able to raise my right hand slightly off of the bed and I dropped it to raise the other one. Then I was able to raise my right elbow off of the bed, then dropped it to raise the other one. Then I was able to move altogether... body and all off of the bed.

And now I know why Jesus said not to go there when they say "He" is in the inner room or in the desert or the Spirit of God is moving at Ernest Angeley Crusade. Or to the here and now of going to Pensacola for an outpouring or to Toronto for a blessing. It is that spirit of anti-christ which is in the world and thus the line of discernment is given when testing the spirits.. greater is he that is in you than he that is on the world.

Tongue defenders have blurred the lines for they see the Holy Spirit "not confined" to a "box", thus out moving among the congregation as if one can get closer to Him by Him being outside of us. That is plain hypocrisey and departing from the faith for He is in us as promised for coming to Jesus as Our Saviour.

Thus... I recommend that you heed the warnings of Jesus and stay away from places like that because what is one of the fruits of the spirit? Temperance... which is what? Self-control. So would a house divided by itself stand? And yet I have heard tongue defenders and spirit chasers declare that joy means drunkenness in order to rationalize the chaos in the worship place. So we are to test the spirits and discern by the scriptures with the Lord Jesus's help for He is Our Good Shepherd so that no one steals our rest in the Lord into chasing after another spirit when He is in us as promised.

We are called to keep the faith which is the good fight.

It is by the scriptures we learn of Him and as such.. it is by the Word spoken and interpreted are we edified. The abuse of tongues is evident as they ignore the instructions plainly given in the churches as well as rationalizing the tongues they have which doesn't have an interpretor as being a heavenly language just so they can continue with tongues that are gibberish... which is of the world.

No way would God be the author of confusion in that regard if we are to stand apart from the world and their tongues if christian tongues are no different. Biblical tongues come with an interpretor. That is the spirit manifesting these gifts in the assembly to profit the body withal. Any tongues outside the assembly are given to be a sign to the unbelievers as they would understand it in their language the wonderful works of God. Jesus is the Gospel, but the preaching of how to get this tongues today is as result of as you say... "training" and others... by a new age method of seeking an infilling of the Spirit. That is why all invitations points to Jesus and still does for the believers so as to be found abiding in Him and not led astray by chasing after other spirits in the world.

I just discoverd this topic and in the OP it was asserted that the unknown tongue was "gibberish".

Here's what I Cor. 14:2 (NKJV) says about that: "For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him: however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries."

So we would be speaking mysteries to God. Wow, sounds pretty cool to me. Why someone would denigrate this ability is beyond me.

Many in Christianity have not been taught that there is a difference between the "genos" tongue, the gift of "divers kinds" of tongues, talked about in I Cor 12 and the "unknown" tongue talked about in I Cor 14. The "genos" tongue is seen operating in Acts 2:6-11. The "unknown" tongue is, as previously described, not understandable by any man. It is a prayer language or heavenly language understandable by God. It is allowed in a church service if there is someone with the gift of interpretation so the church members can understand and be edified.

This isn't complicated and the only reasons to mock it or discount it is either ignorance or unbelief. You chose.

Greg.

Greg,

I am sure you have trounced any that would pull one verse out of context so please read the whole chapter. Even with that.... 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 as to why the manifestations were given.

By itself without an interpretor, prayer language is just as unfruiful as is the understanding.

If there are tongues in the world that is gibberish, you really think God would give a heavenly language that sounds the same as the world's tongues? If He calls us to be seperate from the world and not be a part of the world, it would be very hard for a former Hinduist and a former voodooist that are born again believers to stay in that church.... now would it? How can they say they have departed from their practises if the "christians" are doing the same thing?

So then why would God causes confusion towards them if the Biblical tongues that comes with interpretation.... also comes the way the world has tongues? It just doesn't wash. That is why it is written to test the spirits and why instructions are given to the churches in the proper use of Biblical tongues.... it comes with an interpretor as the manifestations of the Spirit profit the body withal.

OneLight,

If the Lord appeared and you got left behind, you would ask why.

Maybe then you shall know why. You did not heed His sayings nor built on that faith on Jesus.

Bold thing to say, but yet He had already given the judgments, so it is not really from me, is it?

Noticed the believers that come out of the great tribulation in how they shall no longer hunger nor thirst any more?

Cause you are ignoring your rest in Jesus.

John 6:35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Thus by going after a continual filling of the Spirit and seeking another baptism of the Holy Spirit that comes with evidence of tongues without interpretation which coincidentally sounds like the tongues in the world... you are departing from that faith in Jesus in resting in Him.

It is an adulterous generation that seeks after a sign when they are already believers.

Galatians 3: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Hebrews 11: 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ...6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. .....15If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Revelation 7: 9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. 13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

For all those that get left behind, God will have to wipe the tears from their eyes for the loss is great as there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. So please don't neglect so great a salvation and strive ye to enter through that straight gate.. Jesus.. for by resting in Him.. shall you never hunger nor thirst again.

Matthew 9: 17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

If you are still nonreceptive... then may the Lord lead you to read Isaiah 5 and cause the increase there.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to poor in spirit

stop running poor in spirit and please keep your false doctrine to your self you are the one that is deluted or warped i should say how about it are you wiling to go into a soap box debate with me no using old testament we will talk about the new testament if you cant do this poor in spirit it wil show me your true colors

i am noticing you like preaching your doom and gloom to man kind poor in spirit i hope you are taking the same advice for your self you wil not get away from god when he does decide to judge the whole world and please do not try this rubbish with me poor in spirit i rebuke that demon in you i rebuke this demon in the name of jesus you wil have no hold or no effect on no one you have no hold over me in jesus precious name amen

you must be one very special man to be hearing from god and to come on a forum and openly say what you are saying

take my challange up or keep your false doctrin to your self

god bless from damien stipic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

OneLight,

If the Lord appeared and you got left behind, you would ask why.

Maybe then you shall know why. You did not heed His sayings nor built on that faith on Jesus.

Bold thing to say, but yet He had already given the judgments, so it is not really from me, is it?

Noticed the believers that come out of the great tribulation in how they shall no longer hunger nor thirst any more?

Cause you are ignoring your rest in Jesus.

You are making no sense at all. This has nothing to do with tongues. Are you saying that I'm not saved?

John 6:35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Thus by going after a continual filling of the Spirit and seeking another baptism of the Holy Spirit that comes with evidence of tongues without interpretation which coincidentally sounds like the tongues in the world... you are departing from that faith in Jesus in resting in Him.

Show me where I mentioned anything about continual filling of the Spirit. I ask the same about another baptism of the Holy Spirit. Why are you making things up as you go on?

For all those that get left behind, God will have to wipe the tears from their eyes for the loss is great as there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. So please don't neglect so great a salvation and strive ye to enter through that straight gate.. Jesus.. for by resting in Him.. shall you never hunger nor thirst again.

Matthew 9: 17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

If you are still nonreceptive... then may the Lord lead you to read Isaiah 5 and cause the increase there.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that if someone believes in the gifts that are given by the Holy Spirit, then they will go to hell? It is your choice to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. You will have to stand before God and give account for your own words. I, for one, will never stop believing in the gifts of the Spirit, no matter how much false doctrine you post.

Answer the questions that I asked in post # 59 ...

Who is it that would fear tongues the most in the spirit realm?

Also, here is something you need to consider:

Matthew 7:15-16

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

What are the fruits?

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

These I have not seen in any of your posts.

OneLight

edited the first time because I forgot a word.

the second time because I forget to explain the first edit

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

poor in Spirit,

If i read between the lines I believe you are saying that you have been in places where order has not been adhered to biblically. And it happens. But Let us not dismiss the gift because it is abused somwhere. It also states to ask for interpretation so if someone does not ask...they may not have it yet. Why don't you ask for both so that this will not happen again where you may be standing? Don't look at it negative all the time. If you see a need ask God if you perhaps are the one to fill it. Patricia1 :noidea: