IGNORED

Would it be right for me to kill another human being?

Afal

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

You think war is ever Ok in Gods eyes, its never ok.

Really? Well then you and God would be at odds. God himself sent the Israelites to war many times...

(1 Samuel 15:3, Joshua 4:13, Genesis 15:16, Numbers 21:3, 31:1-7, 32:20-21, Deuteronomy 7:1-2, Joshua 6:20-21, 8:1-8, 10:29-32, 11:7-20)

In the Old Testament, God ordered the Israelites to: “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites” (Numbers 31:2). See also Deuteronomy 20:16-17, “However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you.” Exodus 17:16 proclaims, “He said, "For hands were lifted up to the throne of the LORD. The LORD will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation." Also, 1 Samuel 15:18, “Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.” So, obviously God is not against all war. Jesus is always in perfect agreement with the Father (John 10:30), so we cannot argue that war was only God’s will in the Old Testament. God does not change (Malachi 3:6; James 1:17).

It is an error to say that God never supports a war. Jesus is not a pacifist. In a world filled with evil people, sometimes a war is necessary to prevent even greater evil. If Hitler had not been defeated by World War II, how many more millions of Jews would have been killed? If the Civil War had not been fought, how much longer would African Americans have had to suffer as slaves? We must all remember to base our beliefs of the Bible, not on our emotions (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Ecclesiastes 3:8 declares, “there is…a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." - gotQuestions.org

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Under what circumstances would it be right for me to kill another human being?

Sweety Cakes posed this question in another thread and I would really like to know your opinions.

I don't think that I could ever kill another human being ... :emot-hug:

Self defense and the protection of innocent life.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I can kill if I needed to. If i needed to, i hope it is by gun, or a machete. I did not think I could harm any one. I too am a victum of crime ;never wanted to see harm to the other. After my daughter emily was born, I would kill to protect her. If my old pastor ever heard me say this He would die in disbelief. I was never like that at all. I will kill if I was in the army. Some things also happen unintentionally.

I have learned to never say never, for as soon as you do you may be choking on your own two feet. ( and besides I get kind of psychotic.... in menopause right now) LOL I think I can get away with some things now!!

Didn't God use a lioness and her cubs to depict the way mothers feel about their children somwhere in Proverbs? The rest of the time I would give by life rather than see someone else die. Like being a human shield to protect a younger person.... patricia1

Didn't God use a lioness and her cubs to depict the way mothers feel about their children somwhere in Proverbs?

This is all I could find...

Let a man meet a bear robbed of her cubs, Rather than a fool in his folly. (Proverbs 17:12)

I will encounter them like a bear robbed of her cubs, And I will tear open their chests; There I will also devour them like a lioness, As a wild beast would tear them. (Hosea 13:8 )

Say: How was thy mother a lioness; among lions she couched, in the midst of the young lions she reared her cubs! (Ezekiel 19:2)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Really? Well then you and God would be at odds. God himself sent the Israelites to war many times...

Just because God sent the Israelites in to war, doesn't make it ok. Killing is always wrong period. I don't care if its in self defence or if its out of anger it is wrong.

Now don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with people defending them selves and if that leads to taking a human life then so be it, but it doesn't make it right.

If God tells me to go to War then it must be something really bad because God wouldn't send people to war for just any old reason. War is price we pay for sin, and god may have to use it to futher his own agenda, but that doesn't mean he likes it or agrees with it. Its even worse when human beings go to war and God isn't the one to order that War.

God is a pure God, Murder (wheather in self defence or Anger) is just as bad as stealing. When you take a life it doesn't matter what the reasons are, it is still wrong. If the world would see this we wouldn't have Wars, people wouldn't committe murders, the world wouldn't thrive off of violence.

any one who thinks that God is ok with War, and death is wrong and needs to go back and read the bible a bit closer. while he may use it or allow it, I don't believe in my heart that he likes it or desires the human race to go to war, nor do I think he likes sending people to war, I think he hates it but sometimes we humans leave him no choice. That is the pure and simple truth of it.

MY GOD

My Comfort

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Isaiah 61:1-2

My LORD

God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Nahum 1:2

Almighty God

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Revelation 19:14-15

Even So, Come Quickly Lord Jesus Come Quickly

Amen!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Questions raised such as this make me thankful that we have the judicial system in place that we do here in America. Thankfully, no man's fate is decided by ONE person.

wanna bet?

Just because God sent the Israelites in to war, doesn't make it ok. Killing is always wrong period.

You do realize you are contradicting yourself, don't you? If killing is ALWAYS wrong, yet God has sent his followers to kill, then obviously killing is NOT always wrong!

Unless you wanna go ahead and just say God was wrong to send the Israelites to kill...

“However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you.” (Deuteronomy 20:16-17)

“Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.” (1 Samuel 15:18)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,856
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Just to have them take you to court and sue you blind.

Well, that would be better than going to jail for unlawful killing! :ph34r:

If I killed someone, I think that going to jail for unlawful killing would probably be the least of my concerns. I would probably be more concerned that I had taken the life of another human being. Whether under pressure or not. I think that that fact would weigh most heavily on my mind.

I think that I would probably contemplate whether, if I had managed to 'keep my head', that this situation could have been avoided, or resolved another way.

The reasons I think like this are many and varied.

For one, I am not a man of violence or bloodshed. I hate to see people getting killed or hurt for any reason.

Although I also agree with another poster who suggested that killing is probably NOT always wrong. To give just one example: ........I keep in touch with middle eastern affairs, and often view graphic images of, say, insurgents who are about to launch attacks against innocent civilian populations, and are subsequently 'taken out' by our military. I always glean some kind of satisfaction from the fact that the aggressor is taught a lesson, and his evil is meted out upon his own head.....albeit with a tinge of sadness that another human life is lost.

And I know that I could handle almost any aggressor, on a one-to-one basis, if it came to the crunch.

The fact is, I don't WANT TO!

I hate all the violence and bloodshed in the world. I don't want to be a victim, and I don't want to turn others into victims, at my hand.

I suppose that I would prefer to let others (military, etc), uphold the laws and rights of citizens, without having to do the dirty deeds myself.

Another reason is that, shortly after being saved, I suddenly found myself in the midst of a vicious fight between two youths, who proceeded to beat the "living daylights" out of each other. Whereas, normally, this situation would have caused me to be either 'on guard', or fearful, or agitated.....at that particular time, the Spirit of God came upon me, and assured me that this was none of my concern, and that He was in control, and that He would handle it, so He gave me peace in the midst of it.

Shortly after, the situation was resolved without any serious injury.

Which made me think.......Should we be like Jesus, who never raised His hand against anybody?.....(Oh, I know about His anger when overturning the tables of the money-changers, etc).....or should we take it upon ourselves to fight back?

Especially if our families or innocent people's lives and safety are in jeopardy?

I am thanful for the reading of all your posts, though I can't help but think that they may possibly raise more questions than answers.

Still.....onward and upward with the search, eh? :noidea::blink: