IGNORED

Calvin vs. Arminius

Ovedya

What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?

• 100% Calvinist - TULIP all the way!
    • 60% Calvinist 40% Arminian - Parts of TULIP are too absolute.
    • 50% Calvinist 50% Arminian - Both positions have merit.
    • 60% Arminian 40% Calvinist - Parts of DAISY are too absolute.
    • 100% Arminian - DAISY all the way!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

[quote name='Bro David

Edited by Shane

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I wonder which of the two is actually easier. OSAS or OSN(not)AS? The first position suggests that if yor are living a sinful life, you never really were saved to begin with. Your really have to come to a place of complete surrender in everything in your life to achieve salvationhood. The second suggests that you can get saved and then loose it but by bringing your spiritual grades up. Your in again?

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

umm...maybe this is the wrong word but:

decadence : n : the state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities :wub:

maybe this word has changed meanings? :24:

p.s. To all : why does this have to be a 'debate'? Why can't we just share our different viewpoints?Just a thought.....

[quote name='Bro David

Guest Fluffy the Cactus

God created us and gave us free will. I don't think any of us are "destined" to go to hell or heaven. Of course, my beliefs are my own, and I know very few people who agree with everything I believe in... well, okay, NOBODY else agrees with everything I believe, but then, man is fallible and because of that, we can't know that we are right 100%. The same is true with knowing God because God is so far above mankind, we can't know God 100%. That isn't to say that we can't know God, but we can't know His thinking and His plan 100% of the time. If we did, we would be equal with God, and I will not worsihp something that I am equal to.

???:thumbsup:

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
umm...maybe this is the wrong word but:

decadence : n : the state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities  :thumbsup:

maybe this word has changed meanings?  :noidea:

p.s. To all : why does this have to be a 'debate'? Why can't we just share our different viewpoints?Just a thought.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Smiles,

It is not the only meaning of Decadence.

There is also another way to use Decadence.

dec

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

It seems that every time this concept is discussed, it becomes emotional. Most of the emotion comes from a failure to grasp what the other side is really saying. For the record, Arminianism is also a theology that was developed by a man (Arminius), so saying that Calvinism was developed by a man doesn't really prove it is flawed.

For one to be consistent, if one holds to free will and the choice of man, then one also must hold that man can lose their salvation if at a subsequent time they choose not to believe. That is why in Arminianism there is no eternal security. It is based entirely on the decision of man.

Tomorrow I'll post a summary of why I hold to a Calvinistic view of soteriology, and why I think Armenianism is inherently flawed. It's late and church is just around the corner. When I do so, please don't think that I am saying that if you are an Arminian you are not a believer, or that you are flawed for being so. I just dont' think it reflects the entire biblical truth regarding soteriology. All I ask is that we keep the discussion civil with an attitude of learning from one another. The most valuable times I had in seminary was discussing theological concepts with friends after class.

Thanks

Eric

It seems that every time this concept is discussed, it becomes emotional. Most of the emotion comes from a failure to grasp what the other side is really saying.  For the record, Arminianism is also a theology that was developed by a man (Arminius), so saying that Calvinism was developed by a man doesn't really prove it is flawed.

For one to be consistent, if one holds to free will and the choice of man, then one also must hold that man can lose their salvation if at a subsequent time they choose not to believe. That is why in Arminianism there is no eternal security. It is based entirely on the decision of man.

Tomorrow I'll post a summary of why I hold to a Calvinistic view of soteriology, and why I think Armenianism is inherently flawed. It's late and church is just around the corner.  When I do so, please don't think that I am saying that if you are an Arminian you are not a believer, or that you are flawed for being so. I just dont' think it reflects the entire biblical truth regarding soteriology.  All I ask is that we keep the discussion civil with an attitude of learning from one another. The most valuable times I had in seminary was discussing theological concepts with friends after class.

Thanks

Eric

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Eric :wub: