• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I am well aware of the vast difference. there is a difference in playing church and being truly a christian. I am sorry about what has happened to you as well as some others I am sure are out there. But I am hoping you do not equate all christian people in this manner.

Flesh does hang out in churches, for removing, The devil hangs out there also.

unfortunately the mob mentality and follow the wrong leaders will always be around til we meet with the Lord Jesus.

still forgive those people and move on with your relaionship with Jesus. For that is all that matters. The word of God gives us guidelines for the trithfully saved.

I always hated to walk in my church ready to recieve from God in a attitude.. of heart with praise and worship and others are in different places. That mean I condemn them. If you got caught up in a ungodly movement, and I would be careful..for God says do not call unclean what I call clean. It does behoove you to warn others that this can happen but this is not Gods fault..nor the Holy Spirit and His workings, His gifts ARE without repentence you know...and perhaps there are few meeting Christ in spite of human hoopla. For God can show up anytime He chooses in spite of us... that is His Mercy and Grace. :whistling::o

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

if you read my previous posts you would find the scriptures. Even paul did not Know if he was asleep or not so you are not looking very hard. find my post or don't find it. but you are not changing any minds here. You do sound a bit angry though

Paul on the road to damascus with all who were on the ground. I doubt even you would be able to stand upright if the presence Of The Lord God came down before you in such a way. Just a bit of Our God' shoulder blinded Moses.!!!

"Even paul did not Know if he was asleep or not ..."

You are NOT giving me a quote from scripture. Quote it please.

"but [sic] you are not changing any minds here."

I am NOT in the business of changing minds; Christ is.

"You do sound a bit angry though [sic]"

Eph 4:26 "Be angry, and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down upon your wrath, ..." I am deeply human and I have plenty of "anger" in me that is NOT righteous (i.e. I get angry and it IS sin). For the most part, I am not angry here at all. Please do not confuse zeal for shining light on deception with anger. The question is: If there is anger, is it coming from my mind (enslaved to the lusts of my flesh) or is it coming from the Mind of Christ in me? Here is where we get to try me and prove in me whether this thing I have said above and on this post is of the Mind of Christ or of my own mind. I am happy to have that pointed out. So, to that end -- please show me where this is NOT the Mind of Christ? Please point out to me where there are not the fruits of the Spirit, but (rather) the works of the flesh?

"I doubt even you would be able to stand upright if the presence Of [sic] The Lord God came down before you in such a way."

Where did I ever claim to be able to stand upright in the presence "Of" the Lord God? Again -- this is an Ad Hominem attack: Ignore the message and attack the messenger. It is emmensely human to defend oneself with "You're not perfect either." It's human, childish and distinctly OF the human mind, yours and mine (I have done the same, probably will do the same again if I live more than another 30 minutes or so).

" Just a bit of Our God' shoulder blinded Moses.!!! [sic]"

What? God's "shoulder"? Please quote this to me Book, Chapter and Verse.

Finally --

I am ok with your sympathies towards me concerning my past experiences. However, your sympathy is not what this is about. I have made the point simple and direct: "Slain in the Spirit" is NOT to be found in scripture. Jesus didn't "slay" anyone in the Spirit. The Spirit didn't "slay" anyone in Acts and beyond. Paul doesn't speak about it as a normal thing in the gathering and activity of the Church. Peter doesn't mention it. None of the disciples and apostles mention it.

These same folks that, these days, go about hanging shingles and labels of "Spirit of God" on things are not only appalling, but almost looney: "Barking in the Spirit", "Laughing in the Spirit (Holy Laughter)" and such carrying on. HOGWASH!

It is hyper-emotional feeding -- which IS feeding the lusts of the flesh on the emotions of such things. People going about looking for the "next experience." This is NOT the Mind of Christ. This is NOT His mind in US. This is NOT the Spirit of God working. The work of the Spirit of Grace and the Lord is the building of the Mind of Christ in us so that we, together as the church of Christ, are fully formed up in to the full stature of Christ in our generation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

HisMindinme,

What is in me is the Holy Spirit, and He bears witness to me that which is the truth. It sounds to me that you have been hurt very much in your past experience. We can not live in the past, but in the present, by the guiding of the Holy Spirit, which speaks to us what He has been told by God. To do anything less is calling God a lier and the Bible false. The Holy Spirit will not lie to us, but Satan will try to have us believe that what God has for us is not true nor real. Speaking of Eve, Satan does lie and steals the truth from us, for the death that God spoke of was spiritual death, not physical death as Satan spoke of. You need to take off you blinders you have put on yourself and see beyond what you think is true, to the real truth.

In another post, Why can't we all just get along? , you mentioned you state of being: "I am deeply, deeply, deeply sinful and wicked and in great need of His mind. I am not worthy, I am unworthy, I am a sinner to the core of my being and sold to sin, my mind enslaved to the lusts of the flesh and the sin in it." May I suggest you take to heart the following scripture, pertaining to your present view of yourself.

Romans 6:1-14

Dead to Sin, Alive to God

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Read the following scripture and pray that His Spirit will bring the truth to you.

John 14:25-27

These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Romans 8:1-17

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

BTW, concerning the scripture that says, "Let everything be done decently and in order." Most of the time, people emphasize "decently and in order." To me that's secondary. I believe the "Let everything be done" is primary because if everything is not being done, it can not be decent and in order! Furthermore, the "Let everything be done" refers to the spiritual gifts, so is it viable to say that if the spiritual gifts are not being done, then the service or fellowship is not decent and in order?

You can twist the Scripture to say what you want it to say, but that never changes what God meant by that verse. He means worship in the Church. But we all have our beliefs. As most of us know, we probably won't change each others views on the Word of God. So we post our beliefs. Therefore, I step aside, and will not post anything else on the topic, because I feel that it has became just a big argument. God Bless.

bigblue,

Interesting reply, though I don't understand your objection, nor what you think I twisted? I was just pointing out that the "let all things be done decently and in order" comes from a passage of scripture discussing spiritual gifts, 1 Cor. 14.40. Considering the context, the "all things" refers to the various manifestations of the Spirit. And I was just pointing out, that if no one in the church is manifesting spiritual gifts, then this scripture is not applicable. Paul did not mean to squelch spiritual gifts, but to make sure they were being manifested in decency and in order. But if spiritual gifts are not being manifested then this scripture is not applicable.

I'll admit that the question, "Furthermore, the "Let everything be done" refers to the spiritual gifts, so is it viable to say that if the spiritual gifts are not being done, then the service or fellowship is not decent and in order?" was a little pushy. Of course a worship service is ok though there are no spiritual gifts manifested. But, I like gifts from my father; I always have. And when God pours out His Spirit in a special way, it can take a dry prayer/worship service and set it on fire! Hallelujah!

Anyhow, I hope you have a happy Jesus-filled New Year.

Blessings,

Sherman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

My previous post did give scripture and explanation of "slain" in the spirit. You want every scripture from Genesis? He even made Adam to sleep to create Eve. I do not need to prove anything to you at all. It is the scripture ..You look up Pauls account of the damascus road revelation he recieved, in the gospels. Try 2nd cor chapter twelve. Paul is talking about himself. Righteous anger does something profitable, against sin.

Anger is a useful emotion for God gave all our emotions to us. We are not emotionless and it is what we do with our emotion. We are to be lead by the Spitit of The Living God.

It is a source of contention for you so why be quarrelsome?

You certainly are not looking through the correct 'glasses' and are assuming your interpretation of what I am saying.

shining light onto what is deception is fine. But your deception has gone a little further by not recognizing scriptures that have been given to you. I do not always quote scripture for it should be searched out and a private bible study for you to seek.

Giving out scripture is easy. You are not here to be tried by anything. This will is certainly not the first time for some of us to hear this and you certainly will not be the last to warn us either.

Standing up in the presence of the Glory of God is not a accusation...It is a fact....Will you be 'slain' then if the Glory came down and he stood before you as others have? I am sure of it. But the anger is clouding the perspective you are rescieving these responses.

There will be false teachers, false doctrines, lies and deceptions, unrighteousness, etc...Does one respond as Jesus did with the woman at the well, the woman accussed of adultery who by rights was caught in it and should have been stone to death. Right there is the difference, the flesh of the others and forgiveness of Jesus. Jesus tells us not be suprised of such things. (look it up.. where he talks about things to come)

Acceptance does not mean one likes something, it Just means it is.

I see anger in your responses as well as your original post. May be By the Spirit.

Either way ,as I said before remove that has rendered you single eyed at the moment. Sometimes the enemy uses the right things to move our eyes from the love we share with the father.

Well someone else gave you the scripture about Moses...

so what did you think of my scripture filled post if you looked it up?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

It seems, bigblue, that your protestations to the phenomenon known as being "slain in the spirit" has touched quite a nerve in this thread. As a recovering Southern Baptist who has received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, I can empathize with your position and fully understand just why it is not scriptural. I personally have been on both sides of this coin and it was none other than my Heavenly Father who showed me the truth of His word in a rather dramatic fashion. I have listened to the teachings of my denomination, accepting them at face value because I was a newly minted Born Again believer and surely these learned men knew much more about God's Word than I knew. As my leaders and teachers in the things of God, surely they would teach me the truth of Scripture and for the most part, they did.

However, as I studied the role of denominations within the Body of Christ, I became aware that denominations arose in opposition to a doctrine that was being taught which a certain group of people within that denomination opposed as a false teaching. An excellent example of this is the Lutheran denomination which sprang into existence through the teachings of a Roman Catholic monk named Martin Luther. It was never Luther's intention to start a new denomination, he was only interested in reforming some of the false doctrine he had spotted in the Catholic faith. However, when the Catholic Church rejected Martin Luther's teachings as heresy, the followers of Martin Luther broke from the Catholic Church and the Lutheran Denomination was formed, against the expressed wishes of Martin Luther. This denomination arose because some people disagreed with the stance an established denomination had taken on a biblical issue, feeling that their take on the subject was really God's truth. In light of this, no denomination has a corner on what God's really saying in His Word and this then leads to the position that no denomination will ever fully mature in the Lord because they cannot be taught the deeper things of God which contradicts with their established doctrine.

Whenever a denomination or an individual ceases to to be able to be taught the deeper things of God simply because such a teaching goes against their own denomination's take on the subject, they have reached the maximum level of their spiritual maturation. Since we are not omniscient beings, we can never know the full depth of God's mysteries on our own. We need to be taught "line upon line, precept upon precept" as Isaiah taught in the 28th chapter of his book, verse 10. The Person who does this is the Holy Spirit, yet many a Christian will not accept the deeper teachings of the Spirit, especially when such teachings are contrary to their denominational teachings. Yet the denominational teachings are not infallible because the denomination, being formed by men, cannot be an omnicient being in its own right. When Satan has placed false doctrine in a denomination (and he has done it in every denomination) and these false doctrines have been accepted as the very truth of God by that denomination, it takes the power of the Holy Spirit to blast that denomination out of its error. This has such an adverse effect on the people within that denomination who have accepted the false doctrine introduced by Satan as the very truth of God, that the denomination dare not change course. Therefore, the arguments defending the error within a denimination are mounted by the leaders and teachers within that denomination to prove that their view is the only true view on that particular subject. Discussions become heated, Scripture becomes twisted, the false doctrines become more firmly embedded within the fabric of the denomination as they are firmly believed to be not a false doctrine, but the true doctrine from the Word of God. And they will prove their stance by Scripture, often quoting Scripture totally out of context in order to prove a preconcieved point of view is true, not false. Thus we have the dust-up that is evidenced in this thread.

For example, bigblue offered up the opinion that the last verse in 1 Corinthians 14 was talking about order in the worship service, yet this is not the context of that verse. 1 Corinthians 14 is all about the proper use of the gifts of the Spirit and is essentially a continuation of 1 Corinthians 12. The love chapter, 1 Corinthians 13 is essentially a parenthetical chapter that inserts the subject of God's love in the middle of a discussion on the gifts of the Spirit to the Body of Christ and their proper usage. It is necessary because the only way you can properly utilize the gifts of the Spirit is with the love of God, the Agape kind of love. However, you can put parenthesis around the entire 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians, temporarly move it to one side and then read Chapter 12 and continue with Chapter 14. The subject matter continues without a hitch, winding up with Paul admonishing the Corinthians that the use of the gifts of the Spirit should be done decently and in order. Nowhere in the context of 1 Corinthians 12 or 14 is the worship service discussed, only the gifts of the Holy Spirit, what they are and how they should be utilized within corporate worship. Therefore the utilization of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the main thrust of 1 Corinthians 14, not the form of corporate worship. That is only incidental to the utilization of the gifts, hence 1 Corinthians 14:39-40 is speaking of the utilization of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, not laying down guidelines for corporate worship. In this context, Sherman is right and bigblue is wrong in the opinions they have separately expressed. Sorry, bigblue that your denominational toes have been stomped on, but that is the fate of those who will not let the Holy Spirit teach them the deeper things of God because such things are counter to what their denomination teaches on that subject.

Edited by Phil.2:12

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1973

It seems, bigblue, that your protestations to the phenomenon known as being "slain in the spirit" has touched quite a nerve in this thread. As a recovering Southern Baptist who has received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, I can empathize with your position and fully understand just why it is not scriptural. I personally have been on both sides of this coin and it was none other than my Heavenly Father who showed me the truth of His word in a rather dramatic fashion. I have listened to the teachings of my denomination, accepting them at face value because I was a newly minted Born Again believer and surely these learned men knew much more about God's Word than I knew. As my leaders and teachers in the things of God, surely they would teach me the truth of Scripture and for the most part, they did.

However, as I studied the role of denominations within the Body of Christ, I became aware that denominations arose in opposition to a doctrine that was being taught which a certain group of people within that denomination opposed as a false teaching. An excellent example of this is the Lutheran denomination which sprang into existence through the teachings of a Roman Catholic monk named Martin Luther. It was never Luther's intention to start a new denomination, he was only interested in reforming some of the false doctrine he had spotted in the Catholic faith. However, when the Catholic Church rejected Martin Luther's teachings as heresy, the followers of Martin Luther broke from the Catholic Church and the Lutheran Denomination was formed, against the expressed wishes of Martin Luther. This denomination arose because some people disagreed with the stance an established denomination had taken on a biblical issue, feeling that their take on the subject was really God's truth. In light of this, no denomination has a corner on what God's really saying in His Word and this then leads to the position that no denomination will ever fully mature in the Lord because they cannot be taught the deeper things of God which contradicts with their established doctrine.

Whenever a denomination or an individual ceases to to be able to be taught the deeper things of God simply because such a teaching goes against their own denomination's take on the subject, they have reached the maximum level of their spiritual maturation. Since we are not omniscient beings, we can never know the full depth of God's mysteries on our own. We need to be taught "line upon line, precept upon precept" as Isaiah taught in the 28th chapter of his book, verse 10. The Person who does this is the Holy Spirit, yet many a Christian will not accept the deeper teachings of the Spirit, especially when such teachings are contrary to their denominational teachings. Yet the denominational teachings are not infallible because the denomination, being formed by men, cannot be an omnicient being in its own right. When Satan has placed false doctrine in a denomination (and he has done it in every denomination) and these false doctrines have been accepted as the very truth of God by that denomination, it takes the power of the Holy Spirit to blast that denomination out of its error. This has such an adverse effect on the people within that denomination who have accepted the false doctrine introduced by Satan as the very truth of God, that the denomination dare not change course. Therefore, the arguments defending the error within a denimination are mounted by the leaders and teachers within that denomination to prove that their view is the only true view on that particular subject. Discussions become heated, Scripture becomes twisted, the false doctrines become more firmly embedded within the fabric of the denomination as they are firmly believed to be not a false doctrine, but the true doctrine from the Word of God. And they will prove their stance by Scripture, often quoting Scripture totally out of context in order to prove a preconcieved point of view is true, not false. Thus we have the dust-up that is evidenced in this thread.

For example, bigblue offered up the opinion that the last verse in 1 Corinthians 14 was talking about order in the worship service, yet this is not the context of that verse. 1 Corinthians 14 is all about the proper use of the gifts of the Spirit and is essentially a continuation of 1 Corinthians 12. The love chapter, 1 Corinthians 13 is essentially a parenthetical chapter that inserts the subject of God's love in the middle of a discussion on the gifts of the Spirit to the Body of Christ and their proper usage. It is necessary because the only way you can properly utilize the gifts of the Spirit is with the love of God, the Agape kind of love. However, you can put parenthesis around the entire 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians, temporarly move it to one side and then read Chapter 12 and continue with Chapter 14. The subject matter continues without a hitch, winding up with Paul admonishing the Corinthians that the use of the gifts of the Spirit should be done decently and in order. Nowhere in the context of 1 Corinthians 12 or 14 is the worship service discussed, only the gifts of the Holy Spirit, what they are and how they should be utilized within corporate worship. Therefore the utilization of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the main thrust of 1 Corinthians 14, not the form of corporate worship. That is only incidental to the utilization of the gifts, hence 1 Corinthians 14:39-40 is speaking of the utilization of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, not laying down guidelines for corporate worship. In this context, Sherman is right and bigblue is wrong in the opinions they have separately expressed. Sorry, bigblue that your denominational toes have been stomped on, but that is the fate of those who will not let the Holy Spirit teach them the deeper things of God because such things are counter to what their denomination teaches on that subject.

excellent!!

Edited by DjZed

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm gonna have to read this again (probably a couple of times) but this is probably the best explanation of how denoms get off track and stay there, and explaining the gifts that I have ever read. And I'm CoC and we even don't believe in speaking in tongues..........well I'm not sure if "I" do or not, but the CoC certainly doesn't.......................

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Phil.2:12,

It is a blessing to read your posts. I see the Hand of God guiding your words with His Wisdom, Grace and Love.

OneLight

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Phil,

I'm sure your teachers taught you what they believed was the truth from Scriptures. And yes, they did know more about Scripture than you did, but as you state, that doesn't make their interpretations infallible. That is the downfall of most denominations, they think they are the only ones who have it right!

Exactly correct. Denominations are not a replacement for following the Word of G-d and being taught by the Holy Spirit. Relationship is G-d's idea, denominations are man's idea.

HOWEVER, this discussion is not about denominations, that is a topic for another thread. This is about being 'slain in the spirit" and if there is a Scriptural basis for stating that it is from G-d. You are speaking against denominations not the issues. If you have an axe to grind with denom's, another thread would be more appropriate.

<snip>

For example, bigblue offered up the opinion that the last verse in 1 Corinthians 14 was talking about order in the worship service, yet this is not the context of that verse.

Just curious, but why do you single out bigblue and not the others who have posted against this experience? How about Ovedya or HisMindinMe? How about the OP of this thread? No rebuttal to them or their positions, only bigblue? :emot-hug:

Nowhere in the context of 1 Corinthians 12 or 14 is the worship service discussed, only the gifts of the Holy Spirit, what they are and how they should be utilized within corporate worship.

I believe there is a misunderstanding of bigblue's point here and possibly a problem of semantics.

1 Corinthians 14, the latter part, does indeed refer to the corporate worship service and how the gifts are to be used. There are definite parameters given for the worship service and how to behave as well as how to apply the gifts.

Therefore the utilization of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the main thrust of 1 Corinthians 14, not the form of corporate worship. That is only incidental to the utilization of the gifts, hence 1 Corinthians 14:39-40 is speaking of the utilization of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, not laying down guidelines for corporate worship. In this context, Sherman is right and bigblue is wrong in the opinions they have separately expressed.

Since they are opinions, they are interpretations of Scripture and since they are non-salvation issues, GRACE allows for both views. What we are seeing is different perspective and interpretation, not "right or wrong."

Sorry, bigblue that your denominational toes have been stomped on, but that is the fate of those who will not let the Holy Spirit teach them the deeper things of God because such things are counter to what their denomination teaches on that subject.

Your condescension is not gracious or edifying. Where do you see bigblue has pushed denominations rather than his own beliefs? And to state that he is wrong or getting his denominational toes stepped on and further to accuse him of not letting the Holy Spirit teach him? What's up with that dude? How come some of the ones who boast the loudest about having the "gifts" of the spirit have the most trouble displaying the FRUIT of the Spirit, such as gentleness, peace, patience, kindness and not being boastful or challenging each other? :emot-hug:

Galatians 5:

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.