Near

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, this was just something I wanted to talk about. I saw another thread like this one, but my thread is just a bit casual, not actually concerning any Biblical topics...(please don't get angry at me - I got bashed a couple of times for talking about this).

What I wanted to kind of say was does anyone else have like these visions/dreams of stuff? I have this kind of strange talent I never even knew I could do. I have lots of dreams, a lot of them are just regular creative dreams that I have all time, but I do have the occasional dream about something. Now, I usually have like these scenes in my head of kind of future events...not that I've seen anything happen (yet), but now I'm thinking God is kind of letting me play around with it a little. I just kind of learned how to use it - where I can kind of turn it off - and - on. It's not easily mastered yet (patience!) for me, maybe for others it is. I'm kind of working up to asking about "Can I see what's going to happen next year, etc", but I just was really curious to know if anyone else has these kinds of experiences. If you're kind of confused, that's okay! I have a hard time explaining it, it's a really confusing thing I have going on that I don't even know.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Hello Near,

Well, at first I was going to offer my opinion, but stopped because I believe the Spirit would have me stay silent as to my opinion. However, I'm burdened to tell you to seek the advice of your preacher or pastor in confidence and not subject yourself to the thoughts and opinions of those who may not be learned enough in spritual matters to guide you properly.

I pray you G-ds counsel

Hello Near,

Well, at first I was going to offer my opinion, but stopped because I believe the Spirit would have me stay silent as to my opinion. However, I'm burdened to tell you to seek the advice of your preacher or pastor in confidence and not subject yourself to the thoughts and opinions of those who may not be learned enough in spritual matters to guide you properly.

I pray you G-ds counsel

I see what you mean. It wasn't really about opinions but in general just wondering if others had the same experiences as me. I know a lot of people can be opinionated on what to with this and who it's come from, but I usually ignore those types of comments. Yes, I know sometimes that you can use your talents for good or bad, it's your decision. My decision is to use it for good, not evil. Of course, I could probably use it to play around with evil things like Tarot and crystal balls and such, but that's not what I want to do. Yeah, no harsh feelings anyone. ^.^

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

My grandmother had prophetic dreams and I always found it interesting. I think that you should pray about this and see how God wants you to use this gift, and talking with your pastor is a very good idea.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Near,

I agree with the others about talking to your clergy. God does talk to us in dreams. He always has. But you really need to use discernment. The gift of prophecy isn't given lightly by God. You have to be totally grounded in faith to receive it. I'm not saying you aren't, don't get me wrong, I just think you wouldn't be questioning it if it's really coming from God. You would know it.

In Christ, Terri

Hi Near,

I agree with the others about talking to your clergy. God does talk to us in dreams. He always has. But you really need to use discernment. The gift of prophecy isn't given lightly by God. You have to be totally grounded in faith to receive it. I'm not saying you aren't, don't get me wrong, I just think you wouldn't be questioning it if it's really coming from God. You would know it.

In Christ, Terri

Tervana,

I think you kind of misread what I was saying. I'm not questioning who it came from, that's not really on my mind right now and it doesn't bother me that much. I was just more interested if anyone else had these kinds of things, because I do feel slightly indifferent to people because of it. Like, if I'm in public with other people, and someone says something and I'm like, "I remember that I saw you say that," and then everyone looks at me like I'm crazy, is kind of what I meant. I know it came off as if I was questioning where it came from, but it's hard for me to explain it clearly without either someone getting angry at me or just starting to avoid me. It's become more of something I want to tell other people, and I know I can't tell everyone. I just felt comfortable on Worthy than other places I've been to, where the people just like fall on the ground and die if you say something like this. That's all.

My grandmother had prophetic dreams and I always found it interesting. I think that you should pray about this and see how God wants you to use this gift, and talking with your pastor is a very good idea.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Ya, it's weird at first, but then you get used to it. I wish I had a pastor or priest to talk to, but since my mom or grandmother aren't joined to any specific churches, and I don't like the ones my father and his family go to, I really don't have anyone to talk to now. I also have a little doubt in my head that a pastor wouldn't understand, even if I did tell them. Maybe they would, I don't know. It's hard for me to find a church I feel comfortable in nowadays. The ones my dad and his family go to aren't really churchy, it's all about gossip in there, and he falls out with the churches when they say something about him or his family, so he's never consistent with it. I think he fell out with University a few days back, why I don't know. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

I just think you wouldn't be questioning it if it's really coming from God. You would know it.

Now I'm not sure if that's completely accurate, because we are all weak in mind sometimes and doubt the things of God. We might feel it is from God, but then at the same time doubt it in our minds. Sometimes these things need to be trusted in faith (if we believe them to be of God) so that God can show us properly that it is something from Him.

I think you kind of misread what I was saying. I'm not questioning who it came from, that's not really on my mind right now and it doesn't bother me that much. I was just more interested if anyone else had these kinds of things, because I do feel slightly indifferent to people because of it. Like, if I'm in public with other people, and someone says something and I'm like, "I remember that I saw you say that," and then everyone looks at me like I'm crazy, is kind of what I meant. I know it came off as if I was questioning where it came from, but it's hard for me to explain it clearly without either someone getting angry at me or just starting to avoid me. It's become more of something I want to tell other people, and I know I can't tell everyone. I just felt comfortable on Worthy than other places I've been to, where the people just like fall on the ground and die if you say something like this. That's all.

I know how you feel, I can relate completely! It is hard sometimes to find Christians who won't stare are you with a scared look when you foretell things either by prophetic or gift of knowledge. Although we are supposed to be "spiritual" people, it does sometimes seem that things of a spiritual nature freak people out!

All I can say is be careful of who you trust in telling, and make sure you speak to someone who you do completely trust to believe you and not judge you; be that your church leaders or just a close Christian friend.

I've seen these kind of things get all out of hand in just the last few months, where someone has trusted people who gossipped and then joking and comes about and everyone turns someone's genuine gift of God into a silly thing to "joke" about.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Okay, this was just something I wanted to talk about. I saw another thread like this one, but my thread is just a bit casual, not actually concerning any Biblical topics...(please don't get angry at me - I got bashed a couple of times for talking about this).

What I wanted to kind of say was does anyone else have like these visions/dreams of stuff? I have this kind of strange talent I never even knew I could do. I have lots of dreams, a lot of them are just regular creative dreams that I have all time, but I do have the occasional dream about something. Now, I usually have like these scenes in my head of kind of future events...not that I've seen anything happen (yet), but now I'm thinking God is kind of letting me play around with it a little. I just kind of learned how to use it - where I can kind of turn it off - and - on. It's not easily mastered yet (patience!) for me, maybe for others it is. I'm kind of working up to asking about "Can I see what's going to happen next year, etc", but I just was really curious to know if anyone else has these kinds of experiences. If you're kind of confused, that's okay! I have a hard time explaining it, it's a really confusing thing I have going on that I don't even know.

Near,

God gives me dreams, for the purpose of intercession prayer, and other times He is sharing something with me. I've saw some awesome thing done by the Lord. I'm also cautious about if He wants me to share or not because sometimes it is from Him to Me. You need God to teach you these things, make sure you remain in the Word of God, and you maintain your fellowship with the Lord.

Keep a prayer Journal, along with the your word of God study and write down those dreams and seek God for them in private, If it has spiritual meaning, seeK God for clarification, if you have a close well seasoned Christian mentor, prayer partner or pastor, especially those who operate in the same gifts will be able to guide you in your understanding.

blessings on your journey with the Lord

Candi770

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Speak to you pastor.... I don't know the Lord still uses dreams..

Looking in the bible, most of these miracles (such as tongues, healings, knowledge, etc) were pictures only to the Jews as shown in Scipture.

Wish I could help more ;)