• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

We Are Victors

Today's Scripture: Revelation 10-13

Read it online at the Bible Gateway: (NIV) (NASB) (KJV) (The Message)

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. - 2 Corinthians 2:14

Throughout the book of Revelation, the apostle John reminds us that, spiritually, we face a real and powerful enemy. Satan is called by a number of different names: the beast, the dragon, and Apollyon, which means destroyer. As we think about the fact of a supernatural enemy bent on our destruction, trying every means at his disposal to destroy our lives and witness, it could cause us to live in fear and admit defeat. But the overwhelming tone of Scripture is one of victory.

In Revelation 12:10-11, we read: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony."

Is it possible for us to overcome the enemy on a daily basis? The ministry of Dr. Bob Cook, past president of the National Religious Broadcasters, has always been one filled with new insights from Scripture. When I asked him how he managed to remain vital for so many years, he told me he tries to keep on the offensive, to keep digging in the Word. When the Lord reveals something to him, he freely shares it with someone who needs a word of encouragement. "It's like shooting a shotgun," he said. "When you pull the trigger, there's a kick that comes your way as well."

To overcome the enemy, we trust in the blood of Christ and share our testimony with others. God will use it to help others and to strengthen us.

Prayer

Lord, I rejoice in Your victory over Satan that not only has defeated him for eternity in the heavenly realms, but also defeats him in my daily life. Amen.

To Ponder

Every time I share the love and faithfulness of God with someone, I affirm His love and mercy in my own life as well.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

This week I was shown life with Jesus v.s. life with sin. People chase after sin, even some believers. Why? Sin give instant gratification. The next day sin drops us on our face, we feel bad, but sin promises if you continue to do it you won't feel the pain. Sin again, the next day the drop is worse. So we sin again to get away from the negative feeling, memory, person, whatever it is. But it all adds up and is a burden on us.

But what about a christian life lived true? First God clenses us of our sin, then starts to work a clenseing the burden on us. We start to follow His word and and in all this we stop falling on our face from sin. No more ups and hurtful downs. Then you start to feel good, but there is no down for following God's word. The sins that held you start to fall away, and the good emotional high gets better. It can keep getting better, that is what God wants for us. Jesus came so that we can have life and have it more abundantly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

When I asked him how he managed to remain vital for so many years, he told me he tries to keep on the offensive, to keep digging in the Word. When the Lord reveals something to him, he freely shares it with someone who needs a word of encouragement. "It's like shooting a shotgun," he said. "When you pull the trigger, there's a kick that comes your way as well." [/quote[

Shalom,

This is SO true!! When I share Jesus with others, I get blessed and strengthened as well. That's one reason why it's cool to interact here and share the truth from Scriptures as well as parts of ourselves, we grow and mature as well.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

This week I was shown life with Jesus v.s. life with sin. People chase after sin, even some believers. Why? Sin give instant gratification. The next day sin drops us on our face, we feel bad, but sin promises if you continue to do it you won't feel the pain. Sin again, the next day the drop is worse. So we sin again to get away from the negative feeling, memory, person, whatever it is. But it all adds up and is a burden on us.

But what about a christian life lived true? First God clenses us of our sin, then starts to work a clenseing the burden on us. We start to follow His word and and in all this we stop falling on our face from sin. No more ups and hurtful downs. Then you start to feel good, but there is no down for following God's word. The sins that held you start to fall away, and the good emotional high gets better. It can keep getting better, that is what God wants for us. Jesus came so that we can have life and have it more abundantly.

I just wonder how good it would feel to walk in his perfect will and how would those around us and thoses we come in contact react?

I am not settling for anything less and keep trying please God help me be in this relationship with you! :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

When I asked him how he managed to remain vital for so many years, he told me he tries to keep on the offensive, to keep digging in the Word. When the Lord reveals something to him, he freely shares it with someone who needs a word of encouragement. "It's like shooting a shotgun," he said. "When you pull the trigger, there's a kick that comes your way as well."

Shalom,

This is SO true!! When I share Jesus with others, I get blessed and strengthened as well. That's one reason why it's cool to interact here and share the truth from Scriptures as well as parts of ourselves, we grow and mature as well.

................................................................................

.................................................................................

Amen!! Vickilynn