kari21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

I am diabetic, I'd probably be dead by this age in any other era.

Same here

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I lean toward the 40's and 50's. I love the music and the movies of that era. It would be prefect if I could go back in time with my mp3 player, modern gadgets and, of course, all my shots (polio, etc.).

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

We are probably living in the age all of the Bible characters would have loved to live. We are seeing more of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy all around us than at any other time besides the first coming of Jesus. I live in Jerusalem, a front row seat if there ever was one. Besides, since I am diabetic, I'd probably be dead by this age in any other era.

Shalom,

WOW, great post. Yes, we are seeing the fulfillment of Bible prophecy like never before!

And amen on the diabetes, here too. :o

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

I would love to have lived in in the 40's and 50's. .. It seemed like America's golden age. ...When brides wore white, and most could pull it off.

Not really. Their rate of fooling around wasn't that much different from today's. Gotta read the research.

The opportunities of African Americans are a lot better now. I remember segregated schooling and dining. That was awful.

As far as a time to live, I think now because of technological and medical advances and because this is the time God chose for us.

We are probably living in the age all of the Bible characters would have loved to live. We are seeing more of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy all around us than at any other time besides the first coming of Jesus. I live in Jerusalem, a front row seat if there ever was one. Besides, since I am diabetic, I'd probably be dead by this age in any other era.

Good point! :noidea: Besides, God put me in this time for a reason (just wish I knew what it was sometimes.) I live in Arizona and I can't imagine living here in mid-summer with no A/C -- sorry. I work outside sometimes and ride a mountain bike to work, so that's enough heat for me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

If you could go back and choose an era to live in (besides Jesus' time! :noidea: ) what would it be?

I would love to have lived in in the 40's and 50's. It seemed like America's golden age. The only sex you saw on the screen was a romantic kiss...the worse curse word you heard was "damn" (Gone with the Wind)...and NOBODY took their clothes off!

When family was the ideal, when parents, teachers, and all authority were respected. The worse violence in school was running in the halls. (The only "school shootings" were rubber bands and spit wads). When families ate dinner together (at one table!) and you didn't even have to lock your doors at night! When Sundays wern't for hangovers, but for Church.

When kids actually played outside without any video games, iPods, computers, or cell phones to distract them. When children read books, instead of staring at a glowing screen.

When cartoons were actual cartoons, and not just commercials for toys. Or steeped in sexual inuendo.

When children were allowed to be children, and not forced to grow up so fast. When you were still a "kid" until you got married.

When brides wore white, and most could pull it off. :20:

When people actually respected and admired their President. When you had real stars like John Wayne, with not a Paris Hilton type to be found.

When it actually took talent to write a song, and not just a beat laden piece of filler whose lyrics are 90% "Yo Yo Yo."

*sigh*

I agree about the era, as it seemed though it was quite the simple life, many more people appeared to enjoy life better. But I have to tell you Kari, when you referenced the "sexual" thing and this era was just prior to the "sexual uprising," there was still much of it going on, it's just that people didn't brag about it much because it was consider taboo and religions were very strong in controlling the issues and making people feel badly and dirty. It really wasn't handled properly from the beginning as most parents didn't elaborate much on sex and since it remained hush, hush and taboo , it made things in that area all the more tempting. More young girls had babies and probably married after the circumstances and then the marriages didn't work out or the couple then realized that they didn't love each other in the real sense of the word, because they were too immature to handle that part of life; permiscous but more immaturity with it; that and naivity...but excellent question/topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Shalom,

Interesting question. I was born in the 50s.

YES, from a MORAL standpoint, I totally agree, we saw and heard less sin in the earlier years, but it was still there, behind the scenes. My dad was a drunk, and an abuser, but it just wasn't talked about. I was sexually abused as a child by a stranger, but again, it wasn't talked about. When unmarried teenage girls got pregnant, they got "sent away" to have their baby, put him/her up for adoption and come back. It was there, it just was hidden from others for the sake of propriety. You see, every era had its problem with sin, because without Jesus, we are sinful people!

In the church in Paul's time, there was a man who was sexually immoral with his father's wife.

And even in this day of outward moral decay, there are the faithful to Jesus.

And from a TECHNICAL and MEDICAL standpoint, I am SO THANKFUL to be living in this time because I am in remission from a terrible type of blood cancer, Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia and they used a NEW treatment on me that was not available until recently.

Just a few years ago, the type of cancer I have was a death sentence in most cases.

I guess we need to weigh the pros and cons before we romantically think that it was greener on the other grass. :laug

Even with Jesus we are a sinful people and we will continue to be that way until we die as long as we are in the flesh.

You are right about the sexual abuse being behind the scenes. I am 54 and was abused by a sailor who was supposed to be a "big" brother to me while I was in a home for the emotionally disturbed. It opened a door to me that should have never been opened at the age of twelve. I never told any one about it until I was into my forties.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

If you could go back and choose an era to live in (besides Jesus' time! :emot-fail: ) what would it be?

I would love to have lived in in the 40's and 50's. It seemed like America's golden age. The only sex you saw on the screen was a romantic kiss...the worse curse word you heard was "damn" (Gone with the Wind)...and NOBODY took their clothes off!

When family was the ideal, when parents, teachers, and all authority were respected. The worse violence in school was running in the halls. (The only "school shootings" were rubber bands and spit wads). When families ate dinner together (at one table!) and you didn't even have to lock your doors at night! When Sundays wern't for hangovers, but for Church.

When kids actually played outside without any video games, iPods, computers, or cell phones to distract them. When children read books, instead of staring at a glowing screen.

When cartoons were actual cartoons, and not just commercials for toys. Or steeped in sexual inuendo.

When children were allowed to be children, and not forced to grow up so fast. When you were still a "kid" until you got married.

When brides wore white, and most could pull it off. :(

When people actually respected and admired their President. When you had real stars like John Wayne, with not a Paris Hilton type to be found.

When it actually took talent to write a song, and not just a beat laden piece of filler whose lyrics are 90% "Yo Yo Yo."

*sigh*

Either the same as you or I would even go back to the late 1800s

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Either the same as you or I would even go back to the late 1800s

I wouldn't want to go back that far for a few reasons. I don't like the idea of living without electricity, or bathroom tissue, or pads! :emot-pray:

I want to go far enough back to a more innocent time, but not so far back that I have to bathe in a river! :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

If you could go back and choose an era to live in (besides Jesus' time! :35: ) what would it be?

When brides wore white, and most could pull it off. :)

*sigh*

i was born in the early forties (1942) . other than ww2 raging, it was a happy time. all the old radio programs. how i miss those old day's.

the down side: polio, TB,ect.

the fifties: oh yeah. poodle skirts, greasy hair, tight jean's, 49 ford. yes those were the day's :)

Edited by redwing