• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

OK, why not?

God is all knowing, except relating to those things that He has chosen to forget (our sins), and in those cases, He knows that He chose to forget them, but He doesn't remember what they were, as He has forgotten them. I think that clears that up. :thumbsup:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

conintued from previous post....

You also are confused about visions. They are not seeing the event in real living color being shown as God sees it in the future, but are like watching a dream without being asleep:
Not according this verse:

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter.

(Revelation 4:1)

Regardless what you think about the mechanics of a vision, John saw into the future. A future you say cannot be seen or known because it doesn't exist. Yet, John is allowed to see it.

I hope you like all the new scripture I have given you. I have more if that isn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Ummm, if God doesn't know the future, what was the purpose of prophecy? Are fulfilled prophecies just coincidence? Should we just chuck prophecies yet to be fulfilled? Should we toss the whole book of Revelation, as it speaks of events yet to occur?

"The bible is approximately 40% prophecy. There are nearly 8,000 verses of prophecy in the bible. Of those nearly 8,000 verses, 90% of them have come to pass with excruciating accuracy. The remaining 10% are either in the works now, or will be coming to pass soon. Only God can tell our entire trajectory of history from the beginning to the end. And God has not been wrong yet. God's prophetic program has proven to be precise and exact."

God Himself says that prophecy is a proof that He does indeed know the future: "Let these idols come forward and foretell the future for us. Let them declare the meaning of these past events that we may reflect on it; let them predict the future to us that we may know what it holds. Declare what is yet to happen; then we shall know you are gods" (Isaiah 41:22-23)

Guest shiloh357
I did some research in the Blue Letter Bible http://blueletterbible.org/index.html and this is what I found:

There is word meaning and word usage. Every word has a basic meaning(s). Context determine word usage.

our engish word "love" has a basic meaning but several denotations and usages that can only be determined by the context of how love is used in a conversation. If you were from another country, and you only knew "love" as being used in the erotic sense, you would draw some pretty strange conclusions about a person says "I love my dog." It is not enough just to see how a word is "translated." Context, denotations and other considerations contribute to how a word is understood in the specific passage it is employed.

It is not enough to use Strong's concordance. I always cringe when people use the Strongs concordance as their primary exegetical tool, because they use it in a manner that Strong did not intend. Strong was not creating his concordance to be a stand alone tool. Strong will give you all the possible meanings of a particular Gk or Heb. word, but does not explain which verses use which meaning. It gives people the impression that the word means all of those things each time it is used. They then arbitarily decide which meaning that they want to employ. If we did that with English, it would screw up our society.

But I trust the KJV as written here and I figure they knew more about ancient Greek than you or I could ever pretend to. So barring any confusion with the old English, that seems the best way to ascertain the truth. I

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Ured said;

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Then verse 2 would read:

(God) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, with whom also he spent the ages; 3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Which carries the idea that God and his son have been together throughout eternity, including the everlasting quality of their being.

Hello -

I'm new to this debate, so I do not know what it is you are arguing, but I would like clarification to what you mean here.

Are you saying you agree or disagree with this - that "God and his on have been together throughout eternity, including the everlasting quality of their being."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, I went back to see what was going on here...

What he doesn

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

'unred typo' is on the mark and you all know it or you do not believe the Scriptures. Its very simple, why make a big deal out of this doctrin? Why go on with a load of cod's-wallop?

If we cut all the man made thought's, pet theories, man made ideas, and especially fundamental Christianities take on God we come to these plain simple scriptures which teach us to use our God given brains and common sense, (we are all supposedly created in His image and in His likeness) so why dont we use our brains and try to understand that many times in Scripture God Himself said of certain events that they DID NOT COME INTO HIS MIND (Jer. 19:5; 32:35; 44:21). Is God lying here? If we do not believe what He says then we either call Him a lier or profess to know mopre than He Himself has revealed about Himself?

God Himself peresonally STATES THAT HE DID NOT KNOW BEFOREHAND that men would become so wicked. IT REPENTED HIM THAT HE HAD MADE MAN ! It grieved Him at His heart! (Gen. 6:5-7), that they would plan Babel (Gen. 11:5-7); that Sodom would be so wicked He went there Himself to see if it was true according to the report of it which was given to Him (Gen. 18:21). He said, "IF I FIND FIFTY righteous within the city in verse 26. DIDN'T HE KNOW HOW MANY WERE THERE? Why make this statement if He already knew? (Gen. 18:26-32). God DID NOT KNOW whether it would take one or two or three signes to make Israel believe Him (Ex.4:1-12); or WHETHER TESTING Israel would cause them to OBEY HIM OR NOT (Deut. 8:2, 16). God DID NOT KNOW that Israel would backslide as far as it did (Deut. 32:19-29; Isa. 59:15-19).

God SEARCHES THE HEARTS to find whom He can bless (2 Chr. 16:9). He DISCOVERS deep things (Job. 12:22); He tries the hearts and reins of men so that He may know them (Ps. 7:9; 44:21; 139:1-6, 23-24; Jer. 17:10; 1 Chr. 28:9; Rom.8:27; 1 Cor. 2;10; Rev. 2:23), proving all men for the same reason (Ps. 17:3; 66:10; 81:7).

GOD GOES HIMSELF, or He sends messengers throughout the whole of His vast creations to find out for Him what He wants to know, the same as the head of any other organization would be likely to do, so that plans may be made and actions can be taken accordingly. Examples of such agency constantly reporting to God can be found in all these passages (Gen. 18:21-22; Dan. 10:13-21; 11:1; 12:1; Zech. 1:7-11; 6:1-8; Matt. 18:10-11; Heb. 1:14; 2:2; Rev. 1:1; 7:1-3; 8:2-13; 9:1; 14:6-20; 15:1-8; 16:1-21; 18:21; 22:6, 8-9, 16).

The 6,468 commands in the Bible regulating man as to his part in the eternal plan of God, and setting forth his responsibility to God and man, the 1,260 promises and blessings, rewards or loss of rewards, the hundreds, the hundreds of warnings, curses, blessings and dealings of God on the basis of conformity to His will. the 1,522 "IF'S" and the many hundreds of conditional requirements of God throughout Scripture are sufficient proof that God does not cause all acts and events by His own decrees, and are sufficient proof that He changes His own dealings with men as they conform or refuse to conform to His will. Such facts and many others make it clear that God does not know from all eternity what any one man will do, much less what different types and dispositions of men will do under various circumstances that are not yet present to deal with.

There is not one statement of Scripture in the entire Bible saying God knows or even would like to know all acts and particular events of all the vast creations of free moral agents from all eternity past; or that He has fixed decrees choosing and predestinating all thoughts, acts, and deeds of free wills from all eternity past to all eternity future. God's plan will not fail and it is known from the beginning to the end and what He plans to bring to bring to pass on Earth He has power to do, but concerning the free moral actions of free moral agents He does not know from all eternity what they will do before they are in existence and are here to have a part in His plan. He does not know which ones will be saved and which ones will be lost. He has made a plan for all to be saved alike and all who conform to His plan are blessed with the predestined blessings. Those who wilfully rebel will be cursed with the predestined punishments according to the plan. It is the plan that is known from beginning to the end, not the individual conformity to it by free moral agents. It is left up to each person to choose His own destiny. God wills all men to be saved but if man does not choose to be saved that is his responsibility (1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; John 3:16; Rev. 22:17).

The question of the omniscience of God is much misunderstood. The Bible makes many simple statements that by His own decree, do limit God's knowledge. There would be no sense to these passages if we do not believe them. There was no object in God saying such things about Himself if they were untrue. God's plan will never fail, thats for sure, but if you read Scripture and believe what is written you will find that God gets to know the things concerning FREE MORAL AGENTS, and their actions, as any other person does (Read Gen. 6:5-7; 11:5-7; 18:21; 22:12l 2 Chron. 16:9; Zech. 4:10; Job 12:22; 24:23; Ps. 7:9; 44:21; Ps. 139:1-6; Prov. 24:12; Jer. 17:10; Ezek. 11:5; Romans 8:27 and 1 Thess. 2:4).

The facts are, God sends messengers throughout the Earth who report to Him of all that they find in the Earth that goes on (Dan. 10:13-21; 11:1; 12:1; Zech. 1:7-11; 6:1-8; Matt. 18:10-11; Heb. 2:4). God does not take care of every detail of His vast universe in all the kingdoms therein. His agents help Him and they are found in every part of the universe on missions for God. Certain angels are responsible to God for carrying out His will in almost infinate detail concerning the billions of suns, moons, planets and ALL FREE MORAL AGENTS on them. God does not personally do everything that is done in all acts and events nor has He known, elected, chosen, or predestinated all the acts and events from all eternity past.

Several times in Scripture God Himself said of certain events that they DID NOT COME INTO HIS MIND (Jer. 19:5; 32:35; 44:21).

God DID NOT KNOW BEFOREHAND that men would become so wicked. It repented Him that He had made man! It grieved Him at His heart! (Gen. 6:5-7), that they would plan Babel (Gen. 11:5-7); that Sodom would be so wicked He went there Himself to see if it was true according to the report of it which was given to Him (Gen. 18:21). He said, "IF" I find fifty righteous within the city in verse 26. Why make this statement if He already knew? (Gen. 18:26-32). God did not know whether it would take one or two or three signes to make Israel believe Him (Ex.4:1-12); or whether testing Israel would cause them to obey Him or not (Deut. 8:2, 16). Goid did not know that Israel would backslide as far as it did (Deut. 32:19-29; Isa. 59:15-19).

God SEARCHES THE HEARTS to find whom He can bless (2 Chr. 16:9). He DISCOVERS deep things (Job. 12:22); He tries the hearts and reins of men so that He may know them (Ps. 7:9; 44:21; 139:1-6, 23-24; Jer. 17:10; 1 Chr. 28:9; Rom.8:27; 1 Cor. 2;10; Rev. 2:23), proving all men for the same reason (Ps. 17:3; 66:10; 81:7).

God goes Himself, or He sends messengers throughout the whole of His vast creations to find out for Him what He wants to know, the same as the head of any other organization would be likely to do, so that plans may be made and actions can be taken accordingly. Examples of such agency constantly reporting to God can be found in all these passages (Gen. 18:21-22; Dan. 10:13-21; 11:1; 12:1; Zech. 1:7-11; 6:1-8; Matt. 18:10-11; Heb. 1:14; 2:2; Rev. 1:1; 7:1-3; 8:2-13; 9:1; 14:6-20; 15:1-8; 16:1-21; 18:21; 22:6, 8-9, 16).

The 6,468 commands in the Bible regulating man as to his part in the eternal plan of God, and setting forth his responsibility to God and man, the 1,260 promises and blessings, rewards or loss of rewards, the hundreds, the hundreds of warnings, curses, blessings and dealings of God on the basis of conformity to His will.

The 1,522 "IF'S" and the many hundreds of conditional requirements of God throughout Scripture are sufficient proof that God does not cause all acts and events by His own decrees, and are sufficient proof that He changes HIS MIND and His own dealings with men as they conform or refuse to conform to His will.

Such facts and many others make it clear that God does not know from all eternity what any one man will do, much less what different types and dispositions of men will do under various circumstances that are not yet present to deal with.

There is not one statement of Scripture in the entire Bible saying God knows or even would like to know all acts and particular events of all the vast creations of free moral agents from all eternity past; or that He has fixed decrees choosing and predestinating all thoughts, acts, and deeds of free wills from all eternity past to all eternity future.

God's plan will not fail and it is known from the beginning to the end and what He plans to bring to bring to pass on Earth He has power to do, but concerning the free moral actions of free moral agents He does not know from all eternity what they will do before they are in existence and are here to have a part in His plan. He does not know which ones will be saved and which ones will be lost. He has made a plan for all to be saved alike and all who conform to His plan are blessed with the predestined blessings. Those who wilfully rebel will be cursed with the predestined punishments according to the plan. It is the plan that is known from beginning to the end, not the individual conformity to it by free moral agents. It is left up to each person to choose His own destiny. God wills all men to be saved but if man does not choose to be saved that is his responsibility (1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; John 3:16; Rev. 22:17).

Haz.