IGNORED

Where do we go when we die?

Jacqueline

The story of the rich man and Lazaro, is the clearest proof that there is no such thing as sleep dead.

It is true that if you do a search on the bible with the word sleep, you will find many times the use of falling asleep for passing away (dead). Yet I do not think that per se, it is proof of anything but poetic license.

I had once a business partner who was hard core SDA and I remember saying to him that if he really wanted to believe we sleep after dead until the coming of the Christ, he was welcome as far as I was concerned since, (in my view) time is a dimension that has meaning for the biological life and not the spiritual. Therefore, the "sleeping dead" will have no notion of time. I resorted to this because there was no point quoting scriptures with him, he sort of had an answer for every argument, yet he was not prepared for my "quantum" response hehe.

And the placing of a comma in the sentence . . . ."I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise" is very SDA, a little trick they play to make Jesus say, "You will be with me in paradise . . .but not just yet" :blink:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

The comma is a JW argument too, but is not defensible with some research. JWs have borrowed some SDA ideas.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

I agree we are with Christ at our death

However, before His Resurection; The dead in hell could see the once chosen for heaven.

Remember the rich man seeing the poor

Guest LCPGUY
I agree we are with Christ at our death

However, before His Resurection; The dead in hell could see the once chosen for heaven.

Remember the rich man seeing the poor

Excellent point Kay :blink:

John

Eternal torment for the unbeleiver is something I cannot get my head around it. Not saying there is no hell, not even considering alternative interpretations of everyone will be saved and things like that (as much as I would like them to be true) . . . . just that eternal torment does not seem God like. What can I say?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Marc,

God is a God of love, BUT, He is also a righteous God,and no disobedient soul will enter heaven. The bible points to eternal torment. Read Mark 9:43-48, Rev. 21:8, Matt. 18:8, also, Isaiah 66:24. Each and every person that ever lived will spend eternity someplace, either with the Lord, or seperated from the Lord in eternal fire.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Marc,

My views entirely.

I believe that the unbeliever or the unrepentant are destined to spend eternity in obscurity as opposed to going to hell for a good roasting, which is reserved for the evil types.

Guest LCPGUY
Marc,

My views entirely.

I believe that the unbeliever or the unrepentant are destined to spend eternity in obscurity as opposed to going to hell for a good roasting, which is reserved for the evil types.

Hi Neil,

Can you supply any scripture to support this view?

Bro John