Trip

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going on a mission trip and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of how I can raise the money. Besides sending out letters and asking my church. Thank-you :thumbsup: GB tc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I'm going on a mission trip and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of how I can raise the money. Besides sending out letters and asking my church. Thank-you :whistling: GB tc

Get a job? :emot-blahblah:

Yes, for even Paul worked to support himself and not to be a burden on the church.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

if she is young, no job is ever gonna pay her enough to be able to go on a missions trip. its just impossible.

i am not sure exactly how old u are but i am just gonna assume that you are a teen so here goes

1. you can get a whole bunch of people together to help you do a car-wash at your church and friends churches.

2. Do a party like thing were you can do several activities that people can pay for. things like silent auctions or whatever.

3. you can do a talent show in your community were people will pay to participate or to come in and watch. its an easy way to evangelize too :thumbsup:

People are usually generous if you explain to them why you are doing what you are doing.

all the best and let us know how it goes :)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

if she is young, no job is ever gonna pay her enough to be able to go on a missions trip. its just impossible.

True ... checked the profile, but like many here, there was no age given. Sorry for coming off so strong. Can you tell us more of the mission you are joining and how much you have to raise?

OneLight

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

Our church holds yard sales with a collection jar for missions. People are glad to give for a good cause.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Our church is sending a group of young people on a mission trip. They have asked people in church if there are any odd jobs they can do to raise money. Some have had them rake leaves or haul wood. They have also asked anyone if they can donate frequent flyer miles for the trip. A local pizza parlor will let them work there and they will get all tips plus a percentage of all pizza sales that night. They are talking about having people donate things for an auction. Some people in the church are donating money.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I'm a big fan of bake sales. Get your friends together and bake some goodies and ask the pastor if you can have a sale after church one sunday. The amount of money you spend on the ingredients will be miniscule compared to your profits. Also be sure to tell people WHY you're having the bake sale and have a jar available for people who want to donate. This is also kind of a nice way to ask people for money, without actually asking for it outright. I found that having information on the missions trip you want to go on made people more apt to donate and/or buy as well.

You could also consider putting on a "church lunch". Most churches have ladies groups that I'm sure would be more than willing to help you out.

God bless! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

organize a bowl-a-thon

organize a walk-a-thon

organize a praise-a-thon (ask some of the talent folks in your church to use God's gifts i.e. singing, pianist, drama, etc.)

host a yard/rummage sale at your church (sale table space)

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

i am seventeen and as peaches said my job won't b enough 2 support all the money lol. also im saving money 4 college expenses (books & supplies) so i would like 2 raise as much money as possible. im goin 2 honduras 2 help at a children's orphanage. the past 2 summers i have gone on trips and raised all my money but that was about $1,000 less than what i have 2 raise 4 this new trip. thanks 4 all replies im gettin good ideas and by all means plz add more if uve got em :whistling: thanks!