• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Even lunatics like Islamic terrorists would hesitate to nuke Israel. They know the Israelis will retaliate in kind and they know the world will stand by and let them do it. Not much use destroying Tel Aviv if Tehran gets flattened as well.

You are wrong about that. The terrorists know they can destroy hundreds of thousands of Israelis with 1 nuclear weapon, as soon as they get one in their posession, they will not hesitate to use it. Terrorists are not rational beings, if they were, they wouldn't blow themselves up and attack innocent civilians. Terrorists are committing fratricide, and genocide, if they are willing to kill thousands of their own brethren for their cause, they most definitely are willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of their own in a nuclear attack.

My estimation exactly, Justin.

In fact, they have said just that, in so many words, if I remember correctly.

Some Islamic leader (may have been Osama bin-lid)....but I can't remember exactly.....said that it would be worth sacrificing a million muslim lives in order to overthrow the 'infidels'.......or words to that effect.

We are not dealing with rational human beings here. We are trying to balance off our Western world-view with that of a different culture altogether......one that worships death........and sees suicide bombings...(with the resulting mass-casualties)..as something to be sought after. Something that they consider it their sacred religious duty to perform.

It will boil down to two things, in my opinion......

It is either them, or us.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

They probably would be laid waste, with those trigger-happy Israelis sitting on a nuclear arsenal supplied by the US. The same US that actively tried to stop the UK from developing nuclear weapons of our own. Worth remembering, that is.

I would hardly characterize the Israelis as "trigger happy". What would you do if you were backed into a corner? Both the Israelis and the Palestinians have been isolated together and the Arab nations do nothing but instigate. I view the conflict as a dog fight between a chihuahua and a giant poodle. The chihuahua, in this scenario, is constantly biting the ankles of the larger dog and yet too fast for him to catch and yet whenever the poodle bites back the world reels in abhorrence as if he/she is just supposed to sit there and take it. Another twist in this scenario is that the Chihuahua wants the doghouse to him/herself and wouldn't be happy till his/her name was on both the doghouse, the food bowl and the owners mail.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

What would I do? That's a loaded question. I'd have done a lot more than Israel has. The Six Day War would have ended in the total surrender of the instigating Arab nations and be damned to international opinion. Good job I'm not running Israel, I think.

What would I do? That's a loaded question. I'd have done a lot more than Israel has. The Six Day War would have ended in the total surrender of the instigating Arab nations and be damned to international opinion. Good job I'm not running Israel, I think.

But would that not conflict with your earlier post, David, where you cited the Israelis as being 'trigger-happy'?

Just wondering :24:

I never said I wasn't trigger-happy, too... :emot-handshake:

I never said I wasn't trigger-happy, too... :whistling:

Gotcha! :24: :24:

Thing is, I'd have been trigger-happy enough to have dealt with Iran and co. way back when, before they had even a sniff of nuclear weapons. Israel proved the point in the Six Day War, but they ought to have driven it home, right up to the hilt.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Thing is, I'd have been trigger-happy enough to have dealt with Iran and co. way back when, before they had even a sniff of nuclear weapons. Israel proved the point in the Six Day War, but they ought to have driven it home, right up to the hilt.

On this note, I would never of given any of the land back that they took in any of their wars. How can they be able to protect themselves when those who want to see them wiped off the face of the earth are in their back yard?

That's pretty much what I'm getting at. I'd have prosecuted the wars until the enemy surrendered unconditionally, then forced those countries to disarm. Israel would be a bit safer that way.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Forcing another nation to disarm is unrealistic. A good but whipping would deter another fight for some time.