• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1991

Hello all :noidea: I have a simple question. I am a follower a Christ. I'm one of those guys that loves reading Romances and watching Romance movies and such. I'm not afraid to say things that may seem... femenine. I'm not really "manly" in modern terms by any means. I'm not into the whole fixing cars thing. I don't know how to do a lot of those things. You know, I like looking at the stars at night, it's so awsome and relaxing I'm already thinking of my future wife and kids. How much I want to have a beautiful family and a wife that loves me . . . but loves God more. A lot of my friends, even the Christian ones don't think about theses kinds of things. Whenever I think about it I find myself smiling. I notice that in the bible the men are so strong and I don't know. I don't see any similarity between me and them. Is it okay to be the way I am? Btw, I'm only 16. Oh and I have more questiosn about myself and such, should I ask them in here or in a different post. I don't want to have 284 questions in one post.

P.S

I've been looking for a good Romance/Love movie but most of the ones I find are very contreversial. For example I loved The Notebook, but it had some very unchristian things in it. I enjoyed A Walk To Remember, and I loved the fact that the main character was Christian. Are there any good movies out there tthat has sort of a positive Christian element . . . Lol thanks in advance.

Edited by Monny

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Hello all :noidea: I have a simple question. I am a follower a Christ. I'm one of those guys that loves reading Romances and watching Romance movies and such. I'm not afraid to say things that may seem... femenine. I'm not really "manly" in modern terms by any means. I'm not into the whole fixing cars thing. I don't know how to do a lot of those things. You know, I like looking at the stars at night, it's so awsome and relaxing I'm already thinking of my future wife and kids. How much I want to have a beautiful family and a wfie that loves me . . . but loves God more. A lot of my friends, even the Christian ones don't think about theses kinds of things. Whenever I think about it I find myself smiling. I notice that in the bible the men are so strong and I don't know. I don't see any similarity between me and them. Is okay to be the way I am? Btw, I'm only 16.

P.S

I've been looking for a good Romance/Love movie but most of the ones I find are very contreversial. For example I loved The Notebook, but it had some very unchristian things in it. I enjoyed A Walk To Remember, and I loved the fact that the main character was Christian. Are there any good movies out there tthat has sort of a positive Christian element . . . Lol thanks in advance.

As long as God is in the first place of your heart and you remain in Christ, i don't see a problem, just keep yourself pure, nothings wrong with who you are, God has a plan for you that he may not have for others, continue to follow Him. Nothing wrong with eventually learning to change a tire, etc, for your future needs but that doesn't define a man. Always keep your eyes on Jesus, He will teach you to be the man He wants you to be.

blessings lil' soldier of God-

auntie Candi770

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

You sound like a very open person if you are asking other boys your own age if they are into the romance thoughts. Is that right?

I don't think it would be unusual for a boy 100 years ago to be dreaming of such things because 100 years ago, a boy of 16 would be considering marriage. Today, due to mainly economics, young people are steered from heavy duty romance and marriage at your age for obvious reasons of getting an education and becoming financially stable first.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact that you don't like 'manly' things. Some men are mechanically minded, others are not. I doubt that CS Lewis or James Dobson wanted to fix cars but they still contributed greatly to God's kingdom. You just have a different calling so don't worry about it.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

You're OK. God made each of us unique. I have recently been studying about King David. He really us a gentle person who was strong when he needed to be. He loved music and wrote some very beautiful poetry (psalms) that show his gentle spirit. He was a mighty warrior and a strong king, but his gentle side was used by God, too.

As far as the romance novels, I don't know too much about them, but be careful about filling your mind with "junk". There is so much in this world that is junk that it is difficult to not be touched by the world. Just pray and study your Bible. Keep God first.

You sound as if you have a gentle spirit. My son is a very gentle person - did not enjoy cars or sports or other typically manly hobbies. He is a wonderful artist. He is happily married. There is a young lady growing up right now who will be very blessed to have you as a husband.

Asking questions is the best way to get answers. Probably it would be good to start other threads. That way it will be easier to know which question is being answered.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey Monny :emot-bounce:

I can't help but agree with what everyone has said already and neither can I say it any better than that you seem to have a gentle spirit, and such character, and if I had a teenager daughter, yeah, I would probably be falling head over heals for you two to go out or something like that :laugh:

However, what you mentioned the thing about not being strong like the people in the bible, the thought came to mind about David. Yeah, we always here the story that God chose a shephard boy, etc, but think about it, he was a SHEPHARD BOY, not a soldier! He had never been trained yet how to fight, and he was a skrawny little boy who couldn't fit in the uniform which Saul tried to give him. At this point, you dont' need the uniform the world has to offer- in God's eyes, you're really perfect :laugh:

It's such a blessing that you are looking for a real relationship and not trying to get a girl based off of your strength or your abilities.... As someoneelse already said, you seem to have such character!!! Most do not have HALF of what you have at 16 :laugh: Praise the Lord :laugh: Keep pressing on and pray about it :laugh: God will show who it is that he'd have you to marry, he has a plan for your life!

Most importantly, don't care what other people think... it really do not matter.... People can waste so many years standing still becuase they are afraid to take one step, terrified of what someone will think about them or what someone will say... who cares if you aren't all that interested in cars, etc.... You obviously care about the things of God and that's SO much more important!

Praying for you and hope this helps :whistling:

In Christ,

Crystal

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

Hello all :whistling: I have a simple question. I am a follower a Christ. I'm one of those guys that loves reading Romances and watching Romance movies and such. I'm not afraid to say things that may seem... femenine. I'm not really "manly" in modern terms by any means. I'm not into the whole fixing cars thing. I don't know how to do a lot of those things. You know, I like looking at the stars at night, it's so awsome and relaxing I'm already thinking of my future wife and kids. How much I want to have a beautiful family and a wife that loves me . . . but loves God more. A lot of my friends, even the Christian ones don't think about theses kinds of things. Whenever I think about it I find myself smiling. I notice that in the bible the men are so strong and I don't know. I don't see any similarity between me and them. Is it okay to be the way I am? Btw, I'm only 16. Oh and I have more questiosn about myself and such, should I ask them in here or in a different post. I don't want to have 284 questions in one post.

P.S

aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in;

aim at earth and you will get neither. c. s. lewis :emot-bounce:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Hello all :cool: I have a simple question. I am a follower a Christ. I'm one of those guys that loves reading Romances and watching Romance movies and such. I'm not afraid to say things that may seem... femenine. I'm not really "manly" in modern terms by any means. I'm not into the whole fixing cars thing. I don't know how to do a lot of those things. You know, I like looking at the stars at night, it's so awsome and relaxing I'm already thinking of my future wife and kids. How much I want to have a beautiful family and a wife that loves me . . . but loves God more. A lot of my friends, even the Christian ones don't think about theses kinds of things. Whenever I think about it I find myself smiling. I notice that in the bible the men are so strong and I don't know. I don't see any similarity between me and them. Is it okay to be the way I am? Btw, I'm only 16. Oh and I have more questiosn about myself and such, should I ask them in here or in a different post. I don't want to have 284 questions in one post.

P.S

Remember Monny, God made you just the way you are, and it would be wrong to want to be like anyone else, or to change yourself into what other perceive you should be as. It is good to be compassionate, and have a sensitive side to you. Any good woman you meet later in life will appreciate that later in life. I do enjoy building things with my mind and hands, and I do love gettin greasy working on my automobiles. And I'm an all around fix-it guy around the home. but I also have a very sensitive side to me , especially for God's people and people who are searching for God. And I would not change one iota of my personality now because, this is one trait that many have enjoyed of me. So go and enjoy life and don't try to be what other might feel you need to change of you in your life and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

In God's love

Cajunboy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

I'm not exactly a manly man, myself, and I think about the same things as you, Monny. Well, except for watching romance films, that is. When I was with my ex (two months ago to the day, now, was when it ended) I was so in love and thinking about spending our lives together. She was the first and as far as I was concerned she could have been the last, too. I'm not interested in sowing wild oats, as the saying goes, and I'm no mechanic either. I don't know you, but I'm sure when the time comes and you're tested you'll see there's plenty of steel in your spine. Remember this, whenever you worry you're not manly enough: real men aren't afraid of their emotions. One day, sooner or later, you'll meet a girl that will appreciate how in tune with your feelings you are, and until then it doesn't matter a hoot what anyone else thinks of you. We are what we are. Accept that and you'll be happy.

God bless you, my young friend.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from general Discussion to Looking for Advise

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

If I had a daughter your age I would bend over backwards to hook you two up -

Hehehe. I had thought the same thing actually.