redwing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Someone also mentioned that kids are going to have sex anyway.......What a great way to look at the issue! Let's give our kids loaded weapons pointed at someone's head and expect them to not pull the trigger. How ridiculous!!

Or...teach them to just say 'no' and hope like heck they listened because there was no point in teaching them about birth control or disease prevention. Unplanned pregnancies and STDs are bad enough. What about AIDs? If the kids are fallible and sin...do they deserve to die for it? :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I have seven children.

And I would imagine that you love every one of them, and don't regret your decision to have a large family.

Oh yes, exactly!

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

Safe sex is just that - safe. A condom isn't 100% reliable but a combination of condoms and the contraceptive pill reduce the chance of unwanted pregnancy to miniscule figures, and condoms cut the risk of STIs to pretty tiny numbers too. As long as you're not visiting brothels or indulging in the old "It's ten-to-two, you'll do" approach you're pretty safe.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - young people are going to have sex, regardless of how much abstinence is pushed down their throats by schools and priests. It's going to happen, whether you like it or not or admit it or not. As parents, educators or just responsible adults it's our duty to teach children all the facts, not just push our religious views on them. Telling them to keep it zipped up is one thing, but you also need to equip them with the knowledge to do things safely when they decide not to keep it zipped up. That means real sex education in schools, including the science of reproduction, not just badly-animated videos and a bored teacher saying "don't do it."

Same with drugs! I work with young people and tell them not to do drugs. Regardless of how much D.A.R.E. programs and drug-free messages are pushed down their throats by schools and priests, young people are going to do drugs! It's going to happen, whether you like it or not or admit it or not. As parents, educators, or just responsible adults it's our duty to teach children with ALL the facts, not just push our drug-free lifestyles on them. Telling them not to toke it up or not to snort is one thing, but you also need to equip them with the knowledge to USE DRUGS SAFELY when they decide THAT THEY ARE GOING to toke it up and snort. That means passing out nickel bags of SAFE marijuana and the finest, and cleanest Columbian snow, along with SAFE crack vials and bongs...not just lame DON'T SMOKE POT videos and a bored teacher saying, "don't do it."

I'm presuming that this is an example of illustrating absurdity by being absurd?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Safe sex is just that - safe. A condom isn't 100% reliable but a combination of condoms and the contraceptive pill reduce the chance of unwanted pregnancy to miniscule figures, and condoms cut the risk of STIs to pretty tiny numbers too. As long as you're not visiting brothels or indulging in the old "It's ten-to-two, you'll do" approach you're pretty safe.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - young people are going to have sex, regardless of how much abstinence is pushed down their throats by schools and priests. It's going to happen, whether you like it or not or admit it or not. As parents, educators or just responsible adults it's our duty to teach children all the facts, not just push our religious views on them. Telling them to keep it zipped up is one thing, but you also need to equip them with the knowledge to do things safely when they decide not to keep it zipped up. That means real sex education in schools, including the science of reproduction, not just badly-animated videos and a bored teacher saying "don't do it."

Same with drugs! I work with young people and tell them not to do drugs. Regardless of how much D.A.R.E. programs and drug-free messages are pushed down their throats by schools and priests, young people are going to do drugs! It's going to happen, whether you like it or not or admit it or not. As parents, educators, or just responsible adults it's our duty to teach children with ALL the facts, not just push our drug-free lifestyles on them. Telling them not to toke it up or not to snort is one thing, but you also need to equip them with the knowledge to USE DRUGS SAFELY when they decide THAT THEY ARE GOING to toke it up and snort. That means passing out nickel bags of SAFE marijuana and the finest, and cleanest Columbian snow, along with SAFE crack vials and bongs...not just lame DON'T SMOKE POT videos and a bored teacher saying, "don't do it."

What a total wad of horse manure! So people are going to want to do things that are not in their best interest, of course they are, but thats no excuse for stepping back and saying since they are gonna do it any way let just let em, hey lets make it safe and easy. This mind set is part of the reason we are where we are today no sense of responsibility, no right or wrong. Well you can gloss and tap dance all you want, but I ain't buying what your peddling!

I'm not buying it either! I was merely trying to illustrate how absolutely RIDICULOUS it would be to have the same attitude with drugs that some of these folks have with sex. People should look at that drug analogy and be apalled, and rightly so. I feel just as apalled when folks put NO faith in the younger generation, saying, "They need birth control because they have no self control." I also cannot believe that any Christian would advocate the birth control pill, a known abortifacient. Humanity never ceases to shock me.

I'm presuming that this is an example of illustrating absurdity by being absurd?

Spot-on! Well, at least my drug analogy is.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

What a total wad of horse manure! So people are going to want to do things that are not in their best interest, of course they are, but thats no excuse for stepping back and saying since they are gonna do it any way let just let em, hey lets make it safe and easy. This mind set is part of the reason we are where we are today no sense of responsibility, no right or wrong. Well you can gloss and tap dance all you want, but I ain't buying what your peddling!

I'm not buying it either! I was merely trying to illustrate how absolutely RIDICULOUS it would be to have the same attitude with drugs that some of these folks have with sex. People should look at that drug analogy and be apalled, and rightly so. I feel just as apalled when folks put NO faith in the younger generation, saying, "They need birth control because they have no self control." I also cannot believe that any Christian would advocate the birth control pill, a known abortifacient. Humanity never ceases to shock me.

Well now my face is red................. :b: I thought you were serious........and crazy!

Well now my face is red................. :b: I thought you were serious........and crazy!

I was hoping that some would think me crazy after a wild statement like that! I would hope especially those "kids will do it anyway" advocates will seriously rethink their position. If you're going to take that position with sex, you should be completely consistent.

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

I was hoping that some would think me crazy after a wild statement like that! I would hope especially those "kids will do it anyway" advocates will seriously rethink their position. If you're going to take that position with sex, you should be completely consistent.

well said my brother. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

What kind of life are you offering a child if you have fifteen of them by the age of 30? This isn't the classical period when you needed to produce your own workforce from your loins to feed yourself and you needed fifteen kids to ensure at least one would reach marriageable age. Nor do we marry at 11 any more, for that matter. It costs a vast amount of money to support a child and most average families struggle to support two or three. That's a full quiver as far as I'm concerned.

Here is a link to a web-site of a family with 15 children, who are all very happy.

http://www.duggarfamily.com

Unlike you, they actually consider children a blessing from the Lord. Your family is what you make of it.

They have 17 now.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Seeing as redwing was quoting that, I think I can safely say this without offending anyone. That was the most ridiculous piece of garbage I've ever had the misfortune of reading. It has absolutely no logical basis for it's claims. "Telling people not to have sex causes unwanted pregnancies" :thumbsup:

I'm so sick of abortion. Why can people not see that they're murdering children? And if even half the money used to perform abortions and pay the murderers performing them was spent on improving adoption systems, well we wouldn't have couples who desperate want a child unable to get one because it costs thousands of dollars. I have a great idea, instead of giving children to these parents, lets just kill them all! And while we're at it, we can round up all the seniors who are spending all our tax money and shoot them too. How long before that? Think about it. Aborted babies could go on to be contributing members of society where as seniors have no more use to society, the only reason we're not killing them is that tearing an unborn baby limb from limb is a lot less "real" to us than shooting the elderly. The whole idea of abortion is insanity at its worst.

I'm also really fed up with being told that "kids are going to have sex". As a seventeen year old male, do I look like an animal to you? Do you give me so little credit that you think I'm going to run around having intercourse with everything that moves? I'm not a hamster people, I can make the choice not to be sexually active. I can even justify that choice with reasons that aren't religious in the slightest. Premarital sex destroys marriages, plain and simple. How special is having sex with your wife when it's no different than the hundred other women you've slept with? It's not even that hard to avoid sex, people act like it takes super human courage or something to remain abstinent as a teenager. Thats garbage. I've sure had no trouble so far (I've even managed to spend hours on end alone with girlfriends without sleeping with them (in fact, without even thinking about sleeping with them). Shocking, eh?).

Anyways, I'm done ranting.