IGNORED

Devil and Hell

~~ angelique ~~

Guest Lord of Shadows

How long a person like Stalin or Hitler spend in Hell is up to God. You can't lump them in with someone who never hurt a living being in their life. I don't agree with sending unbelievers who were good in life to Hell but if they must go, they must go. Their stay should be significantly less than Hitler's because Hitler was the cause of a genocide history will never forget.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

What I don't understand is why you'd be send to an eternal Hell. Eternal being the keyword. Even if you lived a saintly life but did not believe in God, then you would get a one way ticket to Hell. Why is that so deserving of unending torture? Why not send people there for awhile so that they learn their lesson?

Grace to you,

It has to do with the Judicial nature of God. He is Just.

How much time should a person like Jospeh Stalin or Adolph Hitler be determined to make up for the millions of deaths their rebellion perptrated?

If a Judge allowed every offense that led to the harm and even death of others escape punishment, what would our society soon begin to look like?

God say's the wages of sin are death. That the life of a thing is in it's Blood and that Blood is required for the forgiveness of sins.

So because of your sin, your life and even your Blood are required and this is not even enough because your Blood will not pay the price required of God simply because it is tainted with sin.

What to do? Waht to do?

Good News! The precious Blood of the sinless Lord Jesus Christ was offered on your behalf. God's Mercy is equivalent to His Justice and Just nature.

If you should not cover and avail yourself with it knowing of the Righteous requirment at hand, how can God not serve Justice when it was so readily available?

The Word of God states clearly that the Blood of the righteous martyred and the oppressed cry out from the ground for Justice. That He see's the Widow and the Orphan. The helpless and the crushed. That He Himself will serve Justice.

He' s not a partial Judge like the oppressor. He weighs on a balanced scale and there is only One offering that satifies His Judicial Nature and that is His very own Grace. :wub:

Peace,

Dave

Dumb question: What's the scale??????

And why, pray tell, is the question dumb?

:emot-hug: idk... that is a good question. :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

What I don't understand is why you'd be send to an eternal Hell. Eternal being the keyword. Even if you lived a saintly life but did not believe in God, then you would get a one way ticket to Hell. Why is that so deserving of unending torture? Why not send people there for awhile so that they learn their lesson?

Grace to you,

How much time should a person like Jospeh Stalin or Adolph Hitler be determined to make up for the millions of deaths their rebellion perptrated?

If a Judge allowed every offense that led to the harm and even death of others escape punishment, what would our society soon begin to look like?

God say's the wages of sin are death. That the life of a thing is in it's Blood and that Blood is required for the forgiveness of sins.

So because of your sin, your life and even your Blood are required and this is not even enough because your Blood will not pay the price required of God simply because it is tainted with sin.

What to do? Waht to do?

Good News! The precious Blood of the sinless Lord Jesus Christ was offered on your behalf. God's Mercy is equivalent to His Justice and Just nature.

If you should not cover and avail yourself with it knowing of the Righteous requirment at hand, how can God not serve Justice when it was so readily available?

The Word of God states clearly that the Blood of the righteous martyred and the oppressed cry out from the ground for Justice. That He see's the Widow and the Orphan. The helpless and the crushed. That He Himself will serve Justice.

He' s not a partial Judge like the oppressor. He weighs on a balanced scale and there is only One offering that satifies His Judicial Nature and that is His very own Grace. :wub:

Peace,

Dave

LOS,

Relax, she was asking a question pertaining to my answer. :24:

LadyofLight,

The Scale is Jesus Christ. If we miss the mark of His Righteousness we won't be acceptable to God. :emot-hug:

Peace,

Dave

Grace to you,

What to do? Waht to do?

He' s not a partial Judge like the oppressor. He weighs on a balanced scale and there is only One offering that satifies His Judicial Nature and that is His very own Grace. :24:

Peace,

Dave

LOS,

Relax, she was asking a question pertaining to my answer. :24:

LadyofLight,

The Scale is Jesus Christ. If we miss the mark of His Righteousness we won't be acceptable to God. :emot-drums:

Peace,

Dave

:24: okay, call me dense :emot-hug: But, use the example of thou shalt not kill to give me an example cause didn't God say in the ten commandments "Thou shalt not kill?" Then turn around and command the deaths of women, children, and animals? :wub:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

My counselor has been talking with me about God and how I still have a hard time with the whole "God is Love" concept. She says that I see God how I saw my father. With that being said, here are the questions that have not been cleared up concerning the Devil and hell:

How is it love to "send someone to hell" because they don't agree with you?

Today's society is so full of "gray" that they refuse anything "black and white". People like to bend the rules whenever they can so that they can get ahead just a little bit more, or find that little bit of pleasure that can't find in life. They like to twist the truth to satisfy their purpose. So is it so with this truth.

God loved us purely as He created us. He still does, but we have taken that love and broken it. When the consequences arise, we blame God for His judgment and not ourselves for doing wrong. God told Adam and Eve that if they ate from the tree of Good and Evil that they would die. Satan came along and convinced Eve that they surely would not die, so Eve tested the words of Satan instead of trusting the word of God. When Eve did not physically die, she thought in her mind that she was lied to, for now she has the knowledge of good and evil, and lying about her dying was evil. What she failed to understand was that God was talking about a spiritual death. Satan knew this, but he did not tell Eve this truth. WHy, because Satan wanted Gods creation to turn against God, for he hates God.

We find this truth in Genesis 2:16.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,

:th_praying::emot-hug::24::th_frusty:

Until recently, I didn't believe there was a devil much less a hell. But circumstances being as they were, I had to admit there was a devil and thus need to believe Jesus. That did not take away all of the freagin questions that I have on the topic.

I know blampinin talked with me about this once and I have been trying to talk again about but keep missing him soooo here I go with it again as the idea has not yet seeded itself in my as of yet.

I am going to expound on my question a bit. God created everything - including Satan, right? God created "free will", right? So,why did God create a hell and a Satan? I don't know.. I have been thinking the deck has been stacked against us from the get go and that is a little unfair.

I don't understand. I am seriously trying to wrap my mind around "God is love" but these questions keep cropping up in me. Maybe I need a labotomy. :blink:

Edited by ladyoflight

Guest Lord of Shadows

Well Lucifer (Satan before he was The Devil) was an angel created by God, ticked God off, and was banished to Earth. Little known fact, according to Christianity Satan walks among us, not in Hell. He's apparently supposed to burn too when the time comes.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

:th_praying::emot-hug::24::th_frusty:

Until recently, I didn't believe there was a devil much less a hell. But circumstances being as they were, I had to admit there was a devil and thus need to believe Jesus. That did not take away all of the freagin questions that I have on the topic.

I know blampinin talked with me about this once and I have been trying to talk again about but keep missing him soooo here I go with it again as the idea has not yet seeded itself in my as of yet.

I am going to expound on my question a bit. God created everything - including Satan, right? God created "free will", right? So,why did God create a hell and a Satan? I don't know.. I have been thinking the deck has been stacked against us from the get go and that is a little unfair.

I don't understand. I am seriously trying to wrap my mind around "God is love" but these questions keep cropping up in me. Maybe I need a labotomy. :blink:

I am copying this from http://www.gotquestions.org and I hope it helps.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Question: "Who is Satan?"

Answer: People's beliefs of Satan range from the silly to the abstract: from a little red guy with horns who sits on your shoulder urging you to sin, to an expression used to describe the personification of evil. The Bible, however, gives us a clear portrayal of who Satan is, and how he affects our lives. Put simply, the Bible defines Satan as an angelic being who fell from his position in heaven due to sin and is now diametrically opposed to God, doing all in his power to thwart God's purposes for humanity.

Satan was created as a holy angel. Isaiah 14:12 possibly gives Satan